Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

.....snow on deck update photos..........9:10am.IMG_3446.jpgIMG_3447.jpg...........more later.....   MUST get the coffee started!   

Ceptor, I will get the little 'snojoe' electic blower fired up when it gets to about the 6" mark....   It worked out really well the past couple of storms we have had...   :emotion-21:

Gary.....I would walk past the snowblower and get out the snowmobile instead! WAY more fun, that snow will be there after a ride:D

• Like 6

Morning gents

Coffee sounds good right about now, and it would be, had i plugged in the pot :o

Impending weather may require the use of A/C yet again today.

Our weather drama people lie, always on the low side, they say 78, count on 80+ B)

Time for that DAM Coffee to be perked

Ya-All know what day it is.......

85272827.jpg

• Like 6

Morning there Mark!  Sorry about the coffee 'no plug in'......   ;)

Snow still piling up, wind also...........but 'Stella' ain't fully here yet....:o   

Chuck, no.........those are the 4x4x8' posts for the hanging plants and the ambient deck lighting, they are anchored to the railings..  I think you have seen the summer photos...    The deck is the most stought deck in our neighborhood actually.   The posts that support it are all triple 2x4' into concrete, the main carrier beams are TWO sandwiched 2x10"  ...  Stainless steel square drive screws exclusively NO nails anywere..   It is very safe, and because it is only 6' high, we never worry.   Record so far, 26 people enjoying a gathering one summer... :emotion-21:

But, thanks for the concern.........no worries as they say...  :)

Ceptor...........I would LOVE to get out the sled, but it has not run in about 9 years now.........I suppose I should pull it over and make sure the engine isn't froze :lol:...    I do change the fuel out in it on occasion..  (great occasion that is......)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Speaking of coffee, our Bunn BXB Velocity Brew coffee maker cannot brew more than 8 cups of coffee without the grounds overflowing the official Bunn filters.  Some slightly larger basket filters (not Bunn) are better.

Full disclosure, we use a Cuisanart burr grinder set to "fine" to grind whole bean coffee.  We prefer coffee black and strong, and have found that any grind other than "fine" produces coffee that is weaker than we prefer.

What do other Bunn Velocity Brew users find regarding filters and coffee strength?

have your burr grinder here !!! time for coffee

IMG_20170308_140623_hdr.jpg

• Like 4

Hey there Mark/......................You know, it was only a few weeks ago that I ran the AC in my suv !!!  That was the first time PERIOD that I actually ran AC in February !   Now, those temps look nice, and it won't be long before we are into the hot and humid stuff once again!  

Just poured another one of these on this blizzard day..  IMG_3457.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators

If we got 10% of that amount of snow they would shut down everything for a week.

It does look nice from inside, guess I shouldn't complain that it feels cold outside with a high of 60 today and deadly low of 37 tonight. :blush2: 

• Like 5

I see you are ahead of me Mike in the snow removal detail.........I am about to enter 'round one' here, into the blowing madness! :lol::lol:

Updated photo at 12:30pm. eastern...   .........and my coffee will still be hot when I get back in...   I will try to get photos too!IMG_3459.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

MKP....with the blizzard, the buyer might get stranded and that Carver amp will be back on the market :D

lol lol.....  That gold dust was scooped up..... 

4 hours ago, Tigerman said:

.....snow on deck update photos..........9:10am.

Gary looks like you guys will be getting a good bit more than us. Woke up to only a few inch's on the ground. It's still snowing here.... I don't see us getting any more than 7"-8". I'm not even going to shovel the driveway. The Pilot will cruze over that;)

Just been jamming most of the morning....... got the Carver 4.0t powering the LaScalas, that amp and speaker combo is one of the best that I've put together in some time. That amp really bring out the bass in the LaScala's more than any amp I've tried with em...

Later.....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Ok, MPK that sounds like you have a winning combo there now....  Funny how some amps will accent the bass a bit more then others, would we call that 'coloring' the sound?  Who knows....   I have twin subs in the Hall now,  so even the old LPs have extended bass I have never heard before :D..

Ok on snow you have ....   I just came in about half hour ago.  Have some photos to upload for you all....

Coming up next...

• Like 3

HA, decided I would put on a mix of snowmobile clothing (older retired gloves and jacket - new Cat boots...) and for the first time, my motorcycle helmet!!   IMG_3462.jpg......Well, that sort of worked, until the front shield clouded up within a minute!!!  Up it went so I could see again!..........here is my little blower, all covered, but plugged in and at the ready..IMG_3463.jpg...

• Like 6