Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

---- "I give you" - heartburn and acid reflux tonite - shitts in the morning.

Guess I'm lucky, iron stomach, I could eat that and have no problems at all.

• Like 5

• Moderators

So here goes...I was contacted by a forum member last night pledging $100 even though he can not attend the Pilgrimage this year. I'm challenging each of you to meet his contribution, even if you are not attending. 

If someone needs travel assistance, car repairs or gas money this will be our top priority. We are serious that everyone needs to make this event at least once. Thank you my friend, you know who you are. 

We are incurring additional expenses that will be necessary to continue the success of this event. Bus services, dessert team, on site security at Rodney's and last but not least contributing to Rodney's generosity. He opens his place, 680 acres up to us every year. He provides us with some of the finest meals available. 

Klipsch is funding a large portion of this event, but I need to be assured the additional expenses are being met. I will confer with Klipsch, but at this time I'm thinking any funds not expended would be rolled over to next year's event or donated to the Klipsch Museum of Audio Histoey. 

You may may not be attending this year, but we want to assure that Klipsch, Rodney and our attendees have a place that can accommodate us in future years. Thus, the challenge. 

Anyone that has attended can attest to the fact that the registration fee is well below the food, entertainment and services you receive. It's important to me that we are assured we can use Rodney's facilities in future years. 

I'm not going to put anyone "on the spot", but I am going to state we need your help. It's important to note, that as of this writing we have found no one in the area that can accommodate us in future years. 

Thank you for taking the time to read. 

If you need additional info, or have any questions please PM me. 

The paypal email for contributions/Registration is:

klipschpilgrimage@gmail.com

• Like 3

Thanks for all you do to make this event run smoothly Christy.  Its a long drive for me but I would love to attend.  Now I'm old and could probably make it till 9pm each night if I paced myself.  Would be fun to meet all of my virtual buds face to face.  Will contribute and get back to you on making it there.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, Tarheel said:

Thanks for all you do to make this event run smoothly Christy.  Its a long drive for me but I would love to attend.  Now I'm old and could probably make it till 9pm each night if I paced myself.  Would be fun to meet all of my virtual buds face to face.  Will contribute and get back to you on making it there.

Really hope you can make it it's an awesome event. I could not do this without all the help I receive from others. 

You guys are positively the best ever!!!  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

You know I like to BS Chuck but I sincerely hope you can make it.  It's a great time.  As far as 9:00 goes, time at Rodneys seems to slip away.  You visit, you drink, you listen to music and before you know it, it's tomorrow.  It's not like sitting on the couch propping your eyelids open to try and watch a show on TV.  You're busy and engaged.  If nothing else, the constant rattling of the martini shaker will keep you awake!

• Like 3

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You know I like to BS Chuck but I sincerely hope you can make it.  It's a great time.  As far as 9:00 goes, time at Rodneys seems to slip away.  You visit, you drink, you listen to music and before you know it, it's tomorrow.  It's not like sitting on the couch propping your eyelids open to try and watch a show on TV.  You're busy and engaged.  If nothing else, the constant rattling of the martini shaker will keep you awake!

Yes, time at Rodney's definitely slips away. Buses will start at 10:00 pm back to Hope, AR hotels, if you choose to use that service @Tarheel. Camping at Rodney's isn't for everyone, but it is available for everyone. 

Carl, is correct...that martini shaker will keep you awake!  It's never ending.....

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Are matter and anti matter going to meet? Face to face? Will it be the end of the world as we know it? You don't wanna miss this one friends, it'll be Epic.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, babadono said:

Go Chuck go, Go Chuck go. (to the gathering that is):)

I wouldn't drive the Honda unless you use the shuttle from the hotel to Rodneys.   There's close to a mile of dirt road to traverse off the paved one.

• Like 2