Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm clearing out my office now.  I turned in my badge and credit cards already.  One meeting in the morning, and then we're all going bowling (i refused the typical farewell cake & ice cream festivities).  

5:30 am will exist for only one more day then it will be replaced with "i don't care what time it is."

Congrats. I'm really excited for you ! and jealous I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to die to retire :lol:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, richieb said:

Maybe knock down a Del Taco or three???

went to the Del Taco by the office for my final lunch today.  The really, really, really hot chick that works there said she’d miss me and i can come back to visit.

I like it when really, really, really hot chicks say nice things to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

went to the Del Taco by the office for my final lunch today.  The really, really, really hot chick that works there said she’d miss me and i can come back to visit.

Ask her out for (a drink), tell her you'll never see her again, and tell her that you think she's a babe.....you never know.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

good idea ... the “my unit is shipping out in the morning” line is getting old.

Work it right and it might be shipping out ? It's LA, I doubt you can think of something she has not heard already, just don't tell yet about the ketchup thing.

Congratulations, I'm really happy for you, now to just make it out of town alive, then you'll have something to really celebrate.

Great news, the days and weeks will just start to blend together, then you have it licked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Is she known as "Smoking Mary" by any chance?

• Like 3

Thanks for the congratulations guys.  it’s been kinda weird. I’m a polite and helpful person; but, don’t consider myself very friendly. what i mean is that generally i’ll smile or wave as i walk by instead of stopping to talk. I turn down more lunch invitations than i accept and opt to eat alone. Yet, all i hear from the people that i work with are how sad it is that i’m leaving. The 6’5” guy that rides a Harley said, “it’s been a fun run since you’ve been here.” My boss’ boss told me today that “we’ll never find another person that is as cool as you.” This one guy that is coming in tomorrow on his day off just because it’s my last day, patted me on the back and said I was a good friend.  This guy that works in our maintenance department makes guitars in his spare time. He made one for one of the guys in Los Lobos, and the guy actually uses it in shows; anyway he told me today his current one is going to be finished in a few weeks and hopes that i’ll stop back by work to play it before I leave for good. Maybe I’m not a social butterfly; but, maybe I’m not all that bad.

Told them that tomorrow i was coming to work in shorts, flip flops, smoking a cigar and drinking whiskey. (and they thought i was joking...Carl send me some Weller quick).

• Like 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

but, maybe I’m not all that bad.

What ya think we have been trying to tell you forever, it's about time you noticed.

Might as well move, the Raiders are leaving which is hard to believe.

• Like 2