Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I guess you're ironing those shorts for work and polishing up those flip flops:rolleyes:  The final day is here my friend!  It sounds like you will be missed and that's a good thing.  Just don't let us miss you on here for too long! 

Now as for the Del Taco hottie.....I wouldn't want any second guessing down the road so I say go for it.  If you want to impress her tell her you're a good friend of mine:cool:  You never know......maybe she has been eyeing you for a while and waiting for you to ask her out.

Congratulations Steve and stay in touch..........

Chuck

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Thanks for the congratulations guys.  it’s been kinda weird. I’m a polite and helpful person; but, don’t consider myself very friendly. what i mean is that generally i’ll smile or wave as i walk by instead of stopping to talk. I turn down more lunch invitations than i accept and opt to eat alone. Yet, all i hear from the people that i work with are how sad it is that i’m leaving. The 6’5” guy that rides a Harley said, “it’s been a fun run since you’ve been here.” My boss’ boss told me today that “we’ll never find another person that is as cool as you.” This one guy that is coming in tomorrow on his day off just because it’s my last day, patted me on the back and said I was a good friend.  This guy that works in our maintenance department makes guitars in his spare time. He made one for one of the guys in Los Lobos, and the guy actually uses it in shows; anyway he told me today his current one is going to be finished in a few weeks and hopes that i’ll stop back by work to play it before I leave for good. Maybe I’m not a social butterfly; but, maybe I’m not all that bad.

Told them that tomorrow i was coming to work in shorts, flip flops, smoking a cigar and drinking whiskey. (and they thought i was joking...Carl send me some Weller quick).

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Where be Mark and minermark?

I was thinking the same thing the last few days.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

One never know with 'Miner

Your right, nothing would surprise me with Mark. He missed taco day, that's not
normal for him

• Like 2

ok guys ... i’m home for good. Now time to start to my SEVEN-DAY weekends. It was a bit weird...a couple of people cried when i left...including the 6’5” biker!  He teared up and told me to be careful and to keep in touch. 

Going out to this Mom & Pops Chinese joint for the evening meal (although i haven’t seen Pops the last several times that i’ve been there and fear he may have passed away.  I’ve been known to say things from time to time that are awkward; but, haven’t asked the son where his Dad is).

• Like 6

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

You've been wondering what 1876 Deadwood looked like, haven't you?

More crowded that I thought, I would live out in the country if that's what town looked like.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Congratulations Steve and stay in touch..........

That’ll be easy for the next six weeks.  Then i pull the plug on the internet and hit the road. Adventure awaits. 

That's fine but everyone expects after you settle down somewhere we expect you back letting us know what's going on. You can keep where you move private like most hermits do, :huh: were not work or LA so no reason to leave us hanging.

• Like 2

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

ok guys ... i’m home for good. Now time to start to my SEVEN-DAY weekends.

At first it will just feel like your off from work, then a little later it will sink in that you don't HAVE to be anywhere, that will be something to get adjusted to. Next you will be finding things to do, new hobbies or going back to the things you liked to do but never felt you had the time for.

It's going to be an adjustment, but your at the point most people dream about most of their lives, learn to relax and enjoy it...and get out of the city, it's a killer

• Like 2