Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Steve.....bowling score?  I'm sure you could beat Carl:ph34r:

You had to ask Chuck...I thought we were pals?

I used to average 213 ... then I quit bowling for 15 years. Today I bowled a 149 game (it makes me sick to even write that). I think my body has changed over the past 15 years...i couldn’t get my left foot to slide at all.  First i was blaming my old bowling shoes; but, a pair of house shoes yielded the same result. So, my knee took a beating from the sudden stops.  I think that i’m somehow putting weight on my heels because the rubber sole of the heel was sticking. never had that problem before; but, it threw off EVERYTHING. 

BUT, they still gave me a three foot tall trophy, engraved with my name calling me Champion of the GRAND BOWLING TOURNAMENT. 

So, if i can relearn how to walk up to the line, maybe my bowling will improve.

• Like 2

Sounds like fun Steve.  Be sure your new house has a mantle for that trophy. 

I said I liked to bowl, not that I was any good.  Steve could practice for a couple weeks, get his muscle memory back and dispose of me with no problem.  I'd still have a blast.

• Like 1

Funny thing, leaving the bowling alley, i stumbled walking down the steps.  The muscles in my thighs were freaking out; but, i’m NOT getting older don’t worry.

One of my buddies showed up at the bowling alley ... he’s a professional musician. He refused to bowl. I told him to go grab a guitar out of his car and he could play for us while we bowled -- he refused to do that too. Can’t say that i blame him -- being asked to play isn’t something that I care for a single bit. Of course i was just joking around with him and he knew that. He performs all the time with various bands; but, performing is dead at the bottom of my list of things that i want to do ... and i mean i have ZERO desire. Even visiting my sister recently, my brother-in-law hands me a guitar ... i handed it back a minute later. He rolled his eyes and i knew he was upset; but, right now--it’s something that i want just for me.  Love creating new music; but, honestly, it’s all for me ... a form of therapy I guess ... keeps me sane ( i know that’s debatable).

speaking of ... @Tarheel how's the guitar learning coming along. Your gal set you up with some nice guitars, hope you’re taking advantage of that. 

• Like 1

Hello all, just checking in so you know I'm still alive. Still no regular job, so I have been doing some handy man odd jobs to keep busy and grab some quick cash. Just finishing up a two week bathroom remodel for a friend. Going to hang some flat screens on Saturday and some wireless security cameras on Sunday. Then next week, running amuck in the audio sandbox with a few friends.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Hello all, just checking in so you know I'm still alive. Still no regular job, so I have been doing some handy man odd jobs to keep busy and grab some quick cash. Just finishing up a two week bathroom remodel for a friend. Going to hang some flat screens on Saturday and some wireless security cameras on Sunday. Then next week, running amuck in the audio sandbox with a few friends.

i’m glad you’re alive. 

sounds like you’re staying busy.  Hope a job comes your way soon, if that’s what you want. 

• Like 1

Evening boys. Phone calls, emails, international shipping and stubborn airplanes.
BSM good luck to you shipmate! I normally get my golf and bowling scores confused and forgot which one should be high although I think they are about equal.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:
  49 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Hello all, just checking in so you know I'm still alive

Most glad that you are still among us; handy man sounds fun, wish my wallet could stand that I would get fired tomorrow just to get some self respect.

I have been doing more two channel listening over the last week than I have in years as the system is really top notch now and is a joy to close eyes and tap feet. I also want to gain some familiarity with the sound in case I actually get the opportunity to plumb in the MEN220 room corrector this weekend. Yea, right but given the chance I think I will select full range and no subs to give the KHorns a try alone perhaps plugging in one or two of the PSA subs later on once I learn the software.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Funny thing, leaving the bowling alley, i stumbled walking down the steps.  The muscles in my thighs were freaking out; but, i’m NOT getting older don’t worry.

Oh ok right, it's mostly young or middle age people retiring, so your right on schedule. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, USNRET said:

but given the chance I think I will select full range and no subs to give the KHorns a try alone perhaps plugging in one or two of the PSA subs later on once I learn the software.

Yep hear them alone first, always a good idea.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Hello all, just checking in so you know I'm still alive. Still no regular job, so I have been doing some handy man odd jobs to keep busy and grab some quick cash. Just finishing up a two week bathroom remodel for a friend. Going to hang some flat screens on Saturday and some wireless security cameras on Sunday.

Be careful things like this can turn into a full time hobby.

• Like 3

Just checking in. I've been extremely busy with work, trying to catch up.

BSM counting down the days, sounds like a journey, enjoy it Steve.

I'm sure Chuck is still buzzing from the NC victory.....what a game.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 4

Great to hear from you Luther.  Your days sound like my weekends.

Glad you're enjoying your 2 channel Mike.  I miss mine.  I currently have 3 systems down due to one bedroom being remodeled.  Everything in several rooms had to be moved to accommodate displaced furniture.   One of the first things I want to do once things are back to normal is hear my 396's on tubes.

Steve, I'll bet that's your left leg that's sore right?  I'll bet there's a female Del Taco employee out there that would love to rub your sore leg for you.  Good luck on that endeavor.  It should be high on your list.  How does it feel to sleep till noon on a Friday? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, dtel said:

Yep hear them alone first, always a good idea.

Yea I know I quoted myself which is dumb but I have been thinking about USNRET saying he was going to listen as is for a while before even adding a sub.

This has nothing to do with USN

I like USN's idea, it tic's me off sometimes when I hear advice from a couple people and almost always from one member to change something right  away.

I have read someone saying they found some forte's and they wanted to clean them up before they put them in the living room, one guy went on to tell him, you might as well change the diaphragms on the midranges and tweeters to titanium and dampen the passive radiator with some weights to change the tuning point, and while your at it add some braces to stiffen the cabinets and update the crossovers..... WHAT  :o  how can you tell someone this who has never even heard that model before and just brought the speakers home, it's just crazy, if he does this he will never know what the speakers were designed to sound like, not counting kind of overwhelming the buyer by thinking they need these things to be acceptable. 

I understand the "it always could be better thinking" but don't push someone to do things you have done after years of tinkering with the same model when they have not even listened to something new to them for 10 minutes.

OK I feel better now, :mellow: guess I need to be more of a jerk and question this person when it happens.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

not counting kind of overwhelming the buyer by thinking they need these things to be acceptable. 

You've got that right....my biggest complaint as well.

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

guess I need to be more of a jerk

There's more?

• Like 3

Good day gents

Busy

Plans have been changing weekly

Wife undertaking the Dental and, this time around it's major and final.

This will decide the course of travel, or not. 24Apr is her first surgery

Hope Ark is NOT on the venue

Bigstew, Congrats, let us know when you have made it out Alive.

I see iv inherited Pc Problems also, great, i needed another project.

May look into SSD this time around, spinning hardrives are almost history.

Fry's and a couple "C" notes, Guinness across the street so i dont feel too bad.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, minermark said:

usy

Plans have been changing weekly

Wife undertaking the Dental and, this time around it's major and final.

This will decide the course of travel, or not. 24Apr is her first surgery

Hope Ark is NOT on the venue

Hope the wife does well with that, sorry to hear about the Hope thing, I wanted to meet you in person, a little nervous but was looking forward to it. :lol:

• Like 4