Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I can't imagine anything on youtube worth watching that long.

I can see it happening, that long not really, but Steve has a lot of catching up to do with all this free time now.

You kind of get sucked in, you start out watching silly pranks and end up watching ships going through force 10 waves, it's nuts :blink:  and this does not even consider youtube music with videos sent to your Tv and audio to your speakers, that can kill some time.

It makes no difference for Steven anymore, he only has three things he HAS to do. eat, poop and not get run over by a truck, again.  

Funny how things come back around to like it was when you were a kid. :)

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Spent the day at junior high district track and field. Our school kicked them folks AZZ. 7th and 8th grade boys and girls = 3 district titles and 1 second place. 3 outta 4 ain't bad according to Meat Loaf.

My little 7th grader does pole vault (at 8' 7" her pony tail took the bar down on last attempt...hair cut time), 1600 meter and mile relay (as anchor handed baton in fifth and brought in a third sealing the deal)..
BIG CONGRATS Erika!

Congratulations, please tell Erika she's doing great and Congratulations for working that hard to get there. :emotion-21:

But good luck with the hair cutting idea dad, she might not be happy about that. 

• Like 3

North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball
32-7, 1st in Atlantic Coast
NCAA Tournament - Final Four
Final - Yesterday, 9:05 PM
University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Oregon
Ducks
(33-6)
North Carolina
Tar Heels
(32-7)
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, USNRET said:

Spent the day at junior high district track and field. Our school kicked them folks AZZ. 7th and 8th grade boys and girls = 3 district titles and 1 second place. 3 outta 4 ain't bad according to Meat Loaf.

My little 7th grader does pole vault (at 8' 7" her pony tail took the bar down on last attempt...hair cut time), 1600 meter and mile relay (as anchor handed baton in fifth and brought in a third sealing the deal)..
BIG CONGRATS Erika!

Erika District.jpg

She is a cutie Mike....must of gotten her looks from Mom.  Tell her congrats for me on her great track and field day.   

• Like 4

Morning gents

Well we have all seen the "Clear Choice" ad's on TV.

The wife is going for her upper(s), complete, so NO traveling more than a hundred miles or so for a good part of this year.

Being retired, i wish to Fix things once and for all, no matter the cost :o:wacko2:

Ya get older and it just makes sense, we dont wish to spend anymore time sitting/visiting/fleeced by anymore "Doc's" :emotion-21:

It is what it is.

My projects are adding up, no problem keeping busy here B)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

No one wants to venture a guess as to what I find disturbing about the above photo of the female lacrosse player?  

I have looked several times but must be missing the obvious. Lack of protective gear compared to bottom? Severe under bite?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

I have looked several times but must be missing the obvious. Lack of protective gear compared to bottom? Severe under bite?

You're correct.  My concern is the absence of a helmet.  Sure the women's game doesn't permit stick checking and is generally less violent than the men's game, but really, no helmet?  Being hit in the head by a stick or that hard solid rubber ball is a real possibility.  It seems to me that female vanity -- don't mess up the hair -- has taken precedence over safety.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

You're correct.  My concern is the absence of a helmet.  Sure the women's game doesn't permit stick checking and is generally less violent than the men's game, but really, no helmet?  Being hit in the head by a stick or that hard solid rubber ball is a real possibility.  It seems to me that female vanity -- don't mess up the hair -- has taken precedence over safety.

Have no idea how the sport it played, but a helmet makes sense, no matter what you could be hit in the head by the ball at least.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Now if we could lose some protective gear from the vaulter we'd have something 

That picture was a little disturbing, but in a good way, kind of like watching women's pro volleyball. 

• Moderators

Still up watching the weather, well that's the excuse anyway.

Everyone to the North and East of us should watch the weather for the next day of two depending where your at. Whenever we see the weather coming from the South with this much moisture and moving at this speed heading NE it's something to watch.  

• Like 1