Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Boneless pork butt on the smoker first thing in the morning.  Came in two pieces, which was perfect, each about 7 lbs.  Coated both with my homemade rub, then one with apple butter, and the other with crabapple butter.  Resting in the fridge overnight.  Pecan and sugar maple smoking wood, and a tiny bit of oak.  Photos as we go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Pretty words, but boneless?  Be careful braindead golfer.

I know, but just got the itch to do something on the smoker tomorrow, since it's going to be a gorgeous 75 degree day, and there just wasn't anything available today that I would normally buy, so settled on these.  Trussed them up, so they will hold together nicely and stay moist.

• Moderators

Carl, Kevin has two of those fans on his back porch, great fans, expensive but very quiet and moves more air than any other fan I have ever seen.

He had them a few years, a few months ago one started making a little noise when starting. He called them to ask if this was a problem and they looked his name up on their computer and seen his order. They told him they were sending a new one out and would he put the old one back in that box and send it back to them so they could check it out. 

He was very surprised with the service even after a few years. 

Great service

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Carl, Kevin has two of those fans on his back porch, great fans, expensive but very quiet and moves more air than any other fan I have ever seen.

He had them a few years, a few months ago one started making a little noise when starting. He called them to ask if this was a problem and they looked his name up on their computer and seen his order. They told him they were sending a new one out and would he put the old one back in that box and send it back to them so they could check it out. 

Great service

But the damn porch never took off did it?

• Like 1

Just now, oldtimer said:
2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Great service

But the damn porch never took off did it?

That's because it was on a treadmill.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Flash back.  Dtel, that cabin looks awesome.

Just got back, it's small but in great shape, all we needed really.

There is giant car show in Pigeon Forge this weekend, every parking lot all through town is full, they are cruising every road around, thousands of cars of every kind.

We have seen some great cars, but it's going to be much better when they leave town Sunday! Traffic is past terrible, we have been trying to avoid It as much as possible.

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

The company that sells those fans is called Big *** Fans !  And they also sell some of what they named the company.

This isn't a big *** fan but I've seen them. It's made by Minka Aire.  Still not cheap though.

• Like 1

We had a few Big Asss fans at my old company, 8 foot blades I think. You should see the motor for those things, takes PLC controller to run the things. About $5-10K depending on blade(s) length. Talk about moving some air - I'd bet we could get Oldtimer off the ground with one of those!

• Like 2