Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Yes they are, I love a good butt.

One thing that helps is I found an easy way to pull them, it's a SS shaft with a disc at the bottom with 5 shorter rods off the bottom. It goes in a cordless drill, you put the butts in a big pot and run the drill at full speed. It shreds 2 butts in about 1 Minute, which is much better than doing it manually.

I say big pot because if it is not tall enough pork butt will be flying everywhere, our little dogs prefer the shorter pot. :unsure:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes they are, I love a good butt.

One thing that helps is I found an easy way to pull them, it's a SS shaft with a disc at the bottom with 5 shorter rods off the bottom. It goes in a cordless drill, you put the butts in a big pot and run the drill at full speed. It shreds 2 butts in about 1 Minute, which is much better than doing it manually.

I say big pot because if it is not tall enough pork butt will be flying everywhere, our little dogs perfur the shorter pot. :unsure:

Arrgh  that's no fun.  Ya got's ta git your gloved hands in there and git ta know that meat.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I remember that grill.  Looks great Eldon.

I sold the big one I made, it was just way to big. This one is not pretty but it works well and really effecient on wood, but compleatly manuel so I can't go far.

But you eat like a bird,barely enough to taste, but it's how you stay in shape I guess, I need to go back to my diet, but not today. :o:D

This is the same one you seen.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dtel said:

Smoking some pork butts, I love them, just not how long they take.

Between the 4 it's 37.5 pounds, will bring some to daughter, eat all I can and freeze the rest, it freezes well, good thing.

They went on at 9:30, I will be lucky if they are done by midnight. It has not even melted off all the yellow mustard yet.

image.jpeg

I'm just done with dinner..and I'm still hungry..

your avatar couldn't be the Klingon worf ?

and just been me up !!!!

speak-klingon.jpg

• Like 2

That's one helll of a lift truck, or clamp/lift truck Miner. My wife works accounting for the largest lift truck parts/material handling company in the world. She's going to show them this clip tomorrow to find out more and what possible opportunities exist. 

Do you know the manufacturer?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minermark said:

River rock is planned for this 2.5' retaining wall.

We are looking at aprox 500'+, @$6 bucks pr Sq Ft......FK that.....We will cast our own stones :emotion-21:

34390195355_42920077de_z.jpg

That's a pretty good chore making 500' of stone. You're not afraid of work.

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Smoking some pork butts, I love them, just not how long they take.

Between the 4 it's 37.5 pounds, will bring some to daughter, eat all I can and freeze the rest, it freezes well, good thing.

They went on at 9:30, I will be lucky if they are done by midnight. It has not even melted off all the yellow mustard yet.

image.jpeg

That looks spectacular!

• Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 2:52 PM, dtel said:

That was some good looking pallets, could be very handy.

Just drinking a beer and hanging with the ole beaver, good for you, could be alot worse. 

Ok so tonight i finely really check out these two Pallets .

Cannot say i paid any mind to the fact they seemed a little heavy, turns out the over sized 2 X 4s are hardwood.

Oak being one and Alder is the other.:o

Yep, im going to take a serious look at that stack this week.

with another boat project ill be doing the whole week out there

Just got done coating both w/thompson waterseal i had laying around, these are keepers :emotion-21:

34414745211_e8c4f5151b_z.jpg

34503585106_eecc3df51b_z.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, richieb said:

That's one helll of a lift truck, or clamp/lift truck Miner. My wife works accounting for the largest lift truck parts/material handling company in the world. She's going to show them this clip tomorrow to find out more and what possible opportunities exist. 

Do you know the manufacturer?

Google "SunnyD"

There are a few builders of these "Hay Squeezes"

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, minermark said:

Ok so tonight i finely really check out these two Pallets .

Cannot say i paid any mind to the fact they seemed a little heavy, turns out the over sized 2 X 4s are hardwood.

Oak being one and Alder is the other.:o

Yep, im going to take a serious look at that stack this week.

with another boat project ill be doing the whole week out there

Just got done coating both w/thompson waterseal i had laying around, these are keepers :emotion-21:

34414745211_e8c4f5151b_z.jpg

34503585106_eecc3df51b_z.jpg

Now I know what I can do with the Intex pool that we're not using anymore.  Ground cloth, perfect.

• Like 2

• Moderators

One of the butts are done, another done in another 5-6 degrees, the other two almost 15 degrees.

It's 10:55pm, they have been on for 13.5 hours. It's why I am not crazy about cooking butts.

Taste good to me.:)

image.jpeg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Now I know what I can do with the Intex pool that we're not using anymore.  Ground cloth, perfect.

There are two there, as well as two tarps under that.

Three 18' intex in 9 years is not too bad.

However she agreed with the kids gone, im done w/pools.

This bottom of the pool plastic/vynil is thick, i pressure wash it when projects are complete.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

One of the butts are done, another done in another 5-6 degrees, the other two almost 15 degrees.

It's 10:55pm, they have been on for 13.5 hours. It's why I am not crazy about cooking butts.

Taste good to me.:)

image.jpeg

Looks great to me.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, minermark said:

River rock is planned for this 2.5' retaining wall.

We are looking at aprox 500'+, @$6 bucks pr Sq Ft......FK that.....We will cast our own stones :emotion-21:

Yes.  The hard part is finding someone without sin to cast the first one.......

• Like 4

Morning gents.  Off to supervise the Pella front door and side lite installation at LF's place.  The two guys were there all day yesterday and admitted they have only been installing for one year.  Left the house unsecured saying they did not have the right screws for the dead lock.  There also is an uneven gap at the top of the door. 

LF paid top dollar for this entry door and the installation WILL be a top dollar install.  I don't mind calling corporate and raising hell. 

So off to work I go......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Morning gents.  Off to supervise the Pella front door and side lite installation at LF's place.  The two guys were there all day yesterday and admitted they have only been installing for one year.  Left the house unsecured saying they did not have the right screws for the dead lock.  There also is an uneven gap at the top of the door. 

LF paid top dollar for this entry door and the installation WILL be a top dollar install.  I don't mind calling corporate and raising hell. 

So off to work I go......

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/installing-prehung-exterior-door

• Like 1