Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I can’t get out of this place quick enough!  After being physically challenged by that low-life two-weeks ago, another event traumatized me this morning.

Out doing errands and get thirsty. Drive thru a fast food joint and order a soda. at the end of the drive thru lane there is a trash can and i slow to toss my straw wrapper in the trash. The trash can is full and on top is a box...sadly, i saw what the box said.  Colt’s Anal Dousche. A picture of a dude on the cover.  

Why in the world is somebody handling the product while driving through an eating establishment?

You can’t walk around here without dodging condoms on the street or sidewalk (that’s why i don’t pick up money off the ground, for those that read my thread about that a couple of years ago). 

I’ve lived in the city for a long, long time; but, now it disgusts me. Can i make it the last two weeks?

oh yeah, my grandson gets nailed in the head with a baseball last night--a few hours in the ER. CAT scan normal, so he was sent home. Big lump on his head and a headache (at the location of impact).

You will get out soon, but this is a good thing in a way, you are seeing what you want to get away from. The more you see this the better the chance you pick a place that does not have problems like that.  :emotion-21:

I hope you find a place that has everything you want, well close anyway. 

• Like 3

Evening gang

Farm is a workout

"New Boat" project is off till friday.

Still working on the Mack Hay Squeez, 14 air leaks, 11 fixed today.

Farmer is clearing out one of his big barns, for two years he has been trying to give me a Suzuki 250Quad.

Dont care for them, high centered and four tires, maybe im just sold on dirt bikes, anyway, after a nice 30 min pressure wash.

Now i have a new neighborhood toy, maybe a Full Camo paint job?

33755124483_cdb26bcab9_z.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Day two at the door installation project.  Lacking confidence in this crew LF called someone higher up. Pella sent an installation supervisor from Greensboro about 200 miles away.  The crew had reinstalled the door for a second time and he had them take it back out.  By 6:30 pm the door had been installed for the third time!  I let them know I was very unhappy and they assured me they would make us happy. 

They better make you happy, I would think if it was installed right the first time they would be done by now, they are already late.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, minermark said:

This has a 454 in it, tonight im shopping for a Holly 750 that was somehow lost over the years.

I rode in something like that but it was not jet drive but prop. It kind of scared the hell out of me, the waterway was perfectly straight and about 40' wide, @ 80 mph it was not comfortable at all. 

• Like 4

Just now, dtel said:

I rode in something like that but it was not jet drive but prop. It kind of scared the hell out of me, the waterway was perfectly straight and about 40' wide, @ 80 mph it was not comfortable at all. 

Nope, im not into it, ill make it run, but that is it.

Iv had quite enough of bodys of water.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, minermark said:

More crap from the barn......

This has a 454 in it, tonight im shopping for a Holly 750 that was somehow lost over the years.

Are you sure you need a 750?  Many times, folks oversize the carb thinking their building performance.  Jetting, etc. will help but what kind of HP are you expecting?  650's worked well with up to 450 - 500 HP. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ACV92 said:

Are you sure you need a 750?  Many times, folks oversize the carb thinking their building performance.  Jetting, etc. will help but what kind of HP are you expecting?  650's worked well with up to 450 - 500 HP. 

That 750 is what was on it for years, ran quite well, no one ever had it Full throttle.

Farmer tried a 650 then rejetted, tried again, then put it in the barn last year, said it was starving for fuel.

750 is what he ask for , 750 he gets this time around.

• Like 4

All about volumetric efficiency not horsepower but displacement and how good the intake / cam / heads and valves / exhaust allow the air to move. If it were me, and it's not, not knowing any thing but engine displacement and how a power plant reacts in boat propulsion I would pick a single fuel inlet 780 CFM vacuum secondary Holley as a starting point.

My best carb set up on a 0.60 over 427 with tunnel ram, 11.5:1 compression (forget the cam specs), ported heads, large valves and 2" header tubes was a pair of 465 CFM Holley carbs. I did have to pencil drill holes in the throttle plates to allow more air at idle to keep the plates down in the idle circuit instead of transition.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, minermark said:

That 750 is what was on it for years, ran quite well, no one ever had it Full throttle.

Farmer tried a 650 then rejetted, tried again, then put it in the barn last year, said it was starving for fuel.

750 is what he ask for , 750 he gets this time around.

Understood.  I'd let him run it a couple of times initially, see what the response is and possibly re-jet afterwords.  We do no different for audio.  Test, re-test, decide, rinse, wash, repeat.  HP and db are almost one in the same.  Clarity, performance, consistency, repeat-ability, etc. all play in to both.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, USNRET said:

All about volumetric efficiency not horsepower but displacement and how good the intake / cam / heads and valves / exhaust allow the air to move. If it were me, and it's not, not knowing any thing but engine displacement and how a power plant reacts in boat propulsion I would pick a single fuel inlet 780 CFM vacuum secondary Holley as a starting point.

My best carb set up on a 0.60 over 427 with tunnel ram, 11.5:1 compression (forget the cam specs), ported heads, large valves and 2" header tubes was a pair of 465 CFM Holley carbs. I did have to pencil drill holes in the throttle plates to allow more air at idle to keep the plates down in the idle circuit instead of transition.

Not trying to kiss your rear here, but are you as well versed in as many topics?  Dig that.  Kind of follow the same lines.  Performance matters.

• Like 2