Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 minutes ago, minermark said:

Yes, I reposted the pic.  This looks like entirely too much fun.  If only had the skill and the knowledge.  My preference is to do it myself.  When I rely on others I'm generally, well, disappointed, they don't do it like I would.  

• Like 1

All these carbs before breakfast . . . I'll need to spend more time on the NordicTrack to work them off.

This carb talk reminds me of one of my first geezer moments.  I needed a carbuertor -- about the size of my thumb -- for a small Toro 2 stroke snowthrower.  When the kid at the parts counter told me $45, before I could stop myself, I said, "Forty-five dollars?  In my day I bought a brand new Carter AFB 4 barrel for $30."  I was referring to the one purchased from Sears -- oops another geezer reference -- for my Corvair powered 61 VW Beetle.

The photos were stolen from the Internet.  Mine is long gone.  At 300 CFM, that was a lot of carb for a 164 cid six cylinder.  The chrome intake tubes on the IECO manifold would be covered in ice in the winter.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

While searching for a photo similar to my Corvair powered Beetle, I ran across this photo.  Based upon my experiences with Corvair engines, I don't think I'd be comfortable relying on one to power an airplane.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

While searching for a photo similar to my Corvair powered Beetle, I ran across this photo.  Based upon my experiences with Corvair engines, I don't think I'd be comfortable relying on one to power an airplane.

image.jpeg

Maybe the valve cover was supposed to say Corsair.

• Like 2

all I know this morning...it's cold here and a hot cup of coffee.

won't change a thing here..after turning on the heat last night..

I started hearing what sounded like a helicopter flying overhead..

so I went to the window a started to look out..then I realized

as I was standing on the vent..the vibrations where coming 

from the furnace...it's a fraying belt....

• Like 2