Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Been gone since last Wed, Happy late birthday to both of you........... real late..........so what is it 39 now ?

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm not sure I actually told you happy birthday either @MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE.  Happy Birthday!!! (belated)

Thanks guys.......

Yea yea that's it dtel 39 ........ yea that's it :D

MKP :-)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Luther, what's the box or stand looking thing on the table?

44 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

looks like a plinth

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yea, but for what?

4 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Chuck's  turntable ???

It is an old project I started a few years ago and never completed. While I was putting the finish on the speakers, I decided to pull it out and finish it too.  The plinth is made out of paperstone. The base is made from one inch solid marblewood. It will have two arms and be fitted with the mechanicals from a Fairchild 412.

base.jpg

• Like 6

Morning gang

A few days off are in order.

Seeding week(s) on the farm(s).

If im not called called to a Tractor it's a plane :o

Farmers are pretty rough on farm equip :rolleyes:

90s for yet another day, then they say cool down w / rain.

Speakers are looking good ward.

18341842_1372535899501394_2779842166116436000_n.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

It is an old project I started a few years ago and never completed. While I was putting the finish on the speakers, I decided to pull it out and finish it too.  The plinth is made out of paperstone. The base is made from one inch solid marblewood. It will have two arms and be fitted with the mechanicals from a Fairchild 412.

base.jpg

nice !

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

base.jpg

audio1_003.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

The more I look at luther's veneer he picked the more I like it, I was stuck on the grain but I love the color also. That Marblewood has a cool looking grain also. I love pronounced grain patterns, kind of the reason I do not care for cherry, to me it's just bland. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

A light or clear stained cherry reveals the grain.  It is more refined than most.

It's just a close, tight pattern, I like the more open look, but I do like the color of Cherry.

• Like 2

I like all the hardwoods.  Mesquite is a nice grain but really hard on blades.  My forte IIs are all oak, but I liked the walnut Quartets I gave my dad.  My floors where they are wood are oak.  Texas is an oak kind of place.  Pecan is beautiful too.  Another hardwood with a nice grain is mango.  When I see someone cutting one down in their yard, I wish I could get some, but it's always already spoken for, then you see all kinds of expensive table tops and stuff made from it.   Nothing gives so much as a tree.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, minermark said:

$8 bucks was good in the old days.

Couple years back i forked over $6bones for Van Halen, Well worth it.

Looking at that pic, reminded me about Guinness, I never liked it. To me it has that taste in beer I try to avoid, like plain Budweiser, that bite or whatever it is ?

• Like 3