Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon gang

Made a quick farm run just to check on the guys.

44 head of Cattle they fenced off the Walnut grove(s) and brought in critters.

Picked up a couple more kick azz AC pallets, great Oak 2X4X8's

Free lumber cannot be beat these days.

13528956_911359438989537_7287091228502774278_n.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, minermark said:

Afternoon gang

Made a quick farm run just to check on the guys.

44 head of Cattle they fenced off the Walnut grove(s) and brought in critters.

Picked up a couple more kick azz AC pallets, great Oak 2X4X8's

Free lumber cannot be beat these days.

13528956_911359438989537_7287091228502774278_n.jpg

this reminds me of walnut groves

• Like 4

Just down from the attic at my daughters house.  I had to move a one inch gas line over our of the way of an attic access door that was just installed.   Luckily I only had to cut one thread in the attic.  The rest of the pipes could be threaded in the garage.  Both were good and hot.  Humidity is through the roof as well.  Time to hydrate.

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, dtel said:

Have a bad one on a jeep, it's the only one to control 3 windows, each door switch is dead because the main went bad,  of course the drivers window button does not work, 4th window. Well it will put the drivers window down but like yours it takes fingers to put it up.

Yes Eldon, pretty much my experience with these. This one is a Volvo image from Amazon where I got one for her Volvo. Quite a lot of aftermarket makers for these. Tried checking the contacts and connectors for these with only very little results. Others may have fared better. Put the new one in my Volvo as it stopped working her Volvo drivers side window, after a little while. Just putting up with it for now.

It is nice to be able to finger it up in your case. At one time thought that by the time the most used one, driver's side, button broke was time for a new one anyway.

But after the new one lasted not so long, cannot say that anymore...:)

• Like 1

Holy crap, dying after cutting the lawn just now. It has been so wet that a lot of the lawn was still stuck together and kind of swampy. Indulging in a couple of ice cold brews. Michelob Ultra for those who care. Only 2.6 carbs and 95 calories each...my fat *** doesn't need any more than that. Plus I don't care for those heavy beers anymore, I would rather drink it then eat it. My cousin used to drink those heavy dark brown beers that I used to have to stir around and chew up the last couple of swigs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teaman said:

Holy crap, dying after cutting the lawn just now.

I hear ya! It's 108 heat index here. The son and I just finished up trimming 100 trees' limbs for this week's brush pickup; 10' saw attachment to the power head gets heavy after a while. I have either fungus or cinch bugs killing my St Augustine so I applied treatment for both. I am a beer neophyte; Coors Light for me.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2017 at 10:46 AM, dirtmudd said:

I don't know of any old folks.  that use a burr grinder..

or go online to buy coffee. ..

what my father would tell you. ..you need to go find a safe place...

you would be trembling on disbelief of his verbiage...

Besides you father you must not know  many 70 year olds.

Yep, yard work here too. Staying for a few days and helping some elderly friends that really can't handle 12 acres anymore. 

String trimmed yesterday, refilled gas 3 times to get through it all. Mowing today, just around the "homestead", about 4 acres. Around 94, humid as H. But a nice in-ground refreshes at works end.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, DizRotus said:

Welcome @Tom's Patrician.

There are several organic French roast whole bean coffees for ~ $30 for 3# on eBay.  Which coffee do you buy?  Where did you get your French Press?

PWK told me a Patrician is someone who steps out of the shower to take a leak.

I buy Jose's organic french roast from a seller in Southern CA

• Like 1