Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I own several metric wrenches: a crescent,  vise grips, channel wrench, pipe wrench and a hammer  / chisel.

Are they right handed, or left?  Mine are right handed...

• Like 2

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

what were you weighing. ?

Girl scout cookies. 

Ok not really, let's just say when russia invaded afghanistan the little blackish green oval plates that weighed 28.6 grams originally made from weed stopped arriving. And back them mostly anything from the acapulco area that was gold in color and named the same and some of the best around was usually sold in kilos unless you knew someone who would break it down into lbs. 

This was a very long time ago, late 70's, I'm completely innocent now, well less stupid anyway.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, minermark said:

Taking a break

Took a new pic of current production

Did NOT count, but hey, twice as many than the last pic:emotion-21:

35905851652_362e5f2fb9_z.jpg

And you say you'll need 1000? I think I'll buy some stock in Kitchenaid as I see a few being mixed to death!

How about a small cement mixer to mix in bulk? 

• Like 3

Just now, dtel said:

Girl scout cookies. 

Ok not really, let's just say when russia invaded afghanistan the little blackish green oval plates that weighed 28.6 grams originally made from weed stopped arriving. And back them mostly anything from the acapulco area that was gold in color and named the same and some of the best around was usually sold in kilos unless you knew someone who would break it down into lbs. 

This was a very long time ago, late 70's, I'm completely innocent now, well less stupid anyway.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Innocent until proven guilty. "Wow officer I thought holding up to pound was legal"?!

• Like 2

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, ACV92 said:
41 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I own several metric wrenches: a crescent,  vise grips, channel wrench, pipe wrench and a hammer  / chisel.

Are they right handed, or left?  Mine are right handed...

Man, USNRET is ambidexterity, he can do it with both hands.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

some stock in Kitchenaid

Kitchenaid circuit was weak when i picked it up off the local CL, no biggie she prefers to mix by hand.

I like the kitchenaid and will be fixing it up, just a tad better than stock.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, richieb said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Innocent until proven guilty. "Wow officer I thought holding up to pound was legal"?!

Back then it was innocent until caught, glad I got away from that kind of stupid. Never made a dime from it, it was just to not pay for it. :o

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, richieb said:
3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Man, USNRET is ambidexterity, he can do it with both hands.  

Real men must use both hands --

That leaves me out. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Islander said:

It's dead easy:  1:1.6.  To be more precise, it's 1.61, or 1.609, depending on how exact you feel at the time.  100 mph equals 161 km/hr (kph is not used).

At more typical speeds, 50 mph = 80 km/hr, 55 mph = 90 km/hr, 30 mph = 50 km/hr.  Two of those are off by 1 mph or so, but are close enough for normal use.

With the higher speeds some vehicles go these days, 240 km/hr = 149 mph, and 320 km/hr = 200 mph.

Going 210 (130) in a 60 (35) zone is a bad idea, especially when you get caught by the same cop who caught you speeding a few months before.  This 22-year-old's Ferrari was impounded for 60 days and he got a 16-month driving suspension.  He really needs to find a better place to speed.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/penalties-expanded-for-ferrari-driver-clocked-at-210-km-h-on-bridge-1.3488362

Cops are really cracking down these days.  Now, going faster than the speed limit by more than 49 km/hr (in Ontario) or 60 km/hr (in British Columbia) means more than just a speeding ticket.  It gets your vehicle impounded for a week, and this may leave you beside the highway trying to find another way home.  Last year, the police set up on Malahat Drive, a mountain pass north of Victoria, on southern Vancouver Island.  They pulled over more than a dozen cars, trucks, and motorcycles, all doing more than 60 km/hr (35 mph) over the 90 km/hr (55 mph) speed limit, and had every one towed away to the police impound lot.  The Golden Age of Speeding in Canada has been over for a long time.

Very interesting The metric used to affect speeding in that country state of mind. Thanks and yes, guess they better sort it out. I may be of much use there as I would have a good incentive to learn metric. Fascinating ..Thanks!

• Like 2

In England in the Sixties, the rockers liked to "do the ton" on their Triumphs, Nortons, and BSAs.  That meant going 100 mph, which was pretty fast for those old bikes, along with the twisty roads, since the Motorways were just starting to be built.  Nowadays, someone could refer to doing the metric "double ton", meaning 200 km/hr, but modern sport bikes go that fast in 3rd or 4th gear, so it's no big deal anymore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ACV92 said:

I'll donate to your cause

Most i see are just about the right size, however they are real rocks.

I would have gone with real river rock, tons of rivers around here too.

Evaluating the wall, the wall already exists, covering it without making it look two foot thick sounded like a better way to go.

Guy up the street from me did some river rock work on his home front, he used real RR and it looks like chit.

Rocks were too big, grout lines run between 1/2" and 3" and then they sealed them with gloss.:o

Oh yeah, it's two foot thick in most places........

• Like 5