Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

32 minutes ago, Islander said:

In England in the Sixties, the rockers liked to "do the ton" on their Triumphs, Nortons, and BSAs.  That meant going 100 mph, which was pretty fast for those old bikes, along with the twisty roads, since the Motorways were just starting to be built.  Nowadays, someone could refer to doing the metric "double ton", meaning 200 km/hr, but modern sport bikes go that fast in 3rd or 4th gear, so it's no big deal anymore.

A few years ago the Big Three bike makers, Honda, Kawa and Suzuki made a "gentlemen's" agreement limiting their big bore hyper bikes to 300 kilometer/hour or 186 mph. They were assuming their self policing would keep government(s) off their back and force limitations. Kinda sorta worked until BMW broke out of their mold with the scorching 1000RR with nearly 190hp. Now you can visit most any dealer drop down $15K and walk away with a near 200hp, 450lb. rocketship that shreds the gentlemens agreement. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, minermark said:

After all day electrical, just put the batt back in and it STILL runs.....a good thing.:emotion-21:

That's always a plus, and no extra parts, well done.

• Like 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

One cup in each hand.

And I don't know where you put the donuts, but I don't want one thanks. :o Half a dozen, impressive, so that's why they call you big Carl , makes sense now.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

And I don't know where you put the donuts, but I don't want one thanks. :o Half a dozen, impressive, so that's why they call you big Carl , makes sense now.   

baked_donuts__square.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

Wow those donuts have tiny holes, you could barely slide a pencil through them. 

Reminds me of a band from N.O, "Bag of Donuts", their first album was called, Glazed and Confused.    “Glazed and Confused.”“Glazed and Confused.”Glazed and Confused.”

• Like 2

Evenin' gents!  BigStewMan, glad to see you're venturing out in mid Oregon.  I may be able to work your way, with my job, soon.  We'll have to hook up and hang out as we do here in the NW.  I'll see if I can shake a little bit of the 'culture shock' that you're experiencing.  I was back in the NE last week at HQ.  Went to the Ben and Jerry's original factory in VT.  Also, attached some pics of the flight heading back to NH. 

5972d99f476f8_BJStorefrontSmall.thumb.jpg.9181ce63ed4d81e217fb55824a9e09a6.jpg

5972d9a168ee8_BJBusSmall.thumb.jpg.fb31fa91963502ff79a41d19dee249f2.jpg5972d99dc2178_BJGiftShopSmall.thumb.jpg.0f42834773e03f9ef5eaf63a0c58dd8b.jpg5972d9a323988_Plane1Small.thumb.jpg.feae73cc69ea83eac0f0fa3f2eafa3c9.jpg5972d9a4da048_Plane2Small.thumb.jpg.e6fbe9224a1ec8d6a0a9c05636665890.jpg5972d9a6ab888_Plane3Small.thumb.jpg.02e70480a9f8e83f4ac1fb8130d74491.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I may be able to work your way, with my job, soon.  We'll have to hook up and hang out as we do here in the NW. 

if you pass through these parts, i’d be happy to buy you lunch or dinner. I haven’t unpacked any gear yet and don’t anticipate doing so anytime soon. Still have a few rooms of boxes.  I will be hitting the road soon though--departure date not yet determined. Have a stupid birthday coming up, so thought i should take a road trip.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

if you pass through these parts, i’d be happy to buy you lunch or dinner. I haven’t unpacked any gear yet and don’t anticipate doing so anytime soon. Still have a few rooms of boxes.  I will be hitting the road soon though--departure date not yet determined. Have a stupid birthday coming up, so thought i should take a road trip.

I'll have to plan a trip that way.  No need to buy me anything, I'll treat, more or less looking for a little non-work travel adventure.  Anyway, if you head West you can hit Portland, not LA but close enough.  Keep heading West and hit the Oregon Coast.  Break out a guitar, or two, and strum away sitting in the sand staring at the ocean.  Didn't mean to plan your trip, but that's what I'd do.  Birthdays just acknowledge another year of experience, that's the way I try and look at those aged events.

• Like 5