Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I loved my 13" Sony Trinitron.  It even had a stand with wheels.

Back in the day, I had a 40" Mitsubishi tube television with picture in picture, etc., I loved that thing too, but boy was it a pain in the butt to carry outside to get rid of it when the time came!  ;)

Rog

• Like 3

I had a 32" Panasonic that had a great picture.  Had moved it to the basement for some painting and killed it on the way back up.  I picked it up with the screen facing away from me and completely crushed the back end of the TV.  The wife was not happy.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I had a 32" Panasonic that had a great picture.  Had moved it to the basement for some painting and killed it on the way back up.  I picked it up with the screen facing away from me and completely crushed the back end of the TV.  The wife was not happy.

I will tell you what, a 32 inch or 35 inch tube is heavy, but that 40 incher seperates the men from the boys when it is time to hurt your back and carry it! I could pick it up and carry it, but forget about getting it in and out of the entertainment center by yourself or through the front door, even though I have 36" doors on the front.  ;)

Rog

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I will tell you what, a 32 inch or 35 inch tube is heavy, but that 40 incher seperates the men from the boys when it is time to hurt your back and carry it!

Rog

Who needs nice vertebrae anyway?  Hey, you appear to be a gear head.  I was just telling my ladies that I'll be at SEMA this year with my new position.  The killer part is that it will run on Halloween night.  Couple of my counterparts said it's nuts when this has happened before.  I can't wait, photos will be a must.

Aaron 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Who needs nice vertebrae anyway?  Hey, you appear to be a gear head.  I was just telling my ladies that I'll be at SEMA this year with my new position.  The killer part is that it will run on Halloween night.  Couple of my counterparts said it's nuts when this has happened before.  I can't wait, photos will be a must.

Aaron 

Aaron,

Sounds like a good time Arron, and yes, I am very much a gear head both cars and Audio  ;) Thank God I haven't done permanent damage to my discs yet, although I am not very sure as to how I haven't died yet let alone waste or bulge a disc! What is your new position??

Rog

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Aaron,

Sounds like a good time Arron, and yes, I am very much a gear head both cars and Audio  ;) Thank God I haven't done permanent damage to my discs yet, although I am not very sure as to how I haven't died yet let alone waste or bulge a disc!

Rog

I've got three bulged in the low back.  Sports, car wrecks, stupid lifting, etc. brought them about.  They don't bother me much.  Main thing is with back issues is to keep moving.  Go dormant and the problems get worse.  As to cars, I want one of these in the worst way.

48-cadillac.jpg.19a7f8b84cc850ad7a92ecc1d1321ca4.jpg

'48 Cadillac Sedanette.  Nice little sled.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I've got three bulged in the low back.  Sports, car wrecks, stupid lifting, etc. brought them about.  They don't bother me much.  Main thing is with back issues is to keep moving.  Go dormant and the problems get worse.  As to cars, I want one of these in the worst way.

48-cadillac.jpg.19a7f8b84cc850ad7a92ecc1d1321ca4.jpg

'48 Cadillac Sedanette.  Nice little sled.

Aaron,

A buddy of mine restored a Cadilac Convertible with tail fins just like that. I think it was a 53, but I am no Cadillac professor. I do however know that it was a prototype car for that year that should have been crushed as the console and many parts were hand made before actual building of the cars happened. It was a Red car  ;)

Rog

• Like 3

Just now, twistedcrankcammer said:

Aaron,

A buddie of mine restored a Cadilac Convertible with tail fins just like that. I think it was a 53, but I am no Cadillac professor. I do however know that it was a prototype car for that year thatshould have been crushed as the console and many parts were hand made before actual building of the cars happened. It was a Red car  ;)

Rog

Nice.  They're definitely not for the go fast guys, cruisers for sure.  But, a little LS3/trans, dropped a couple of inches, right wheel/tire combo, audio with tweets front and rear, 6.5's as well, with two 12's in her backside and I could drive it endlessly. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Nice.  They're definitely not for the go fast guys, cruisers for sure.  But, a little LS3/trans, dropped a couple of inches, right wheel/tire combo, audio with tweets front and rear, 6.5's as well, with two 12's in her backside and I could drive it endlessly. 

Aaron,

Not much good for parking though! It was rarity as my buddy usually only did Fords and had a 3.5 year waiting list back in the day, and yes, he was that good! He also did a very early Porsche' Speedster like the actor died in, but usually does complete Shelby or Boss Mustang restorations or Panteras and even did a Brickland once. More recently, he has got back into it about 8 years back and recently finished a 1968 GT-500 KR red convertible and is working on an early fuely vette right now. He also specializes in the newish Chrome and Chrome color paints and also does dips. He has been painting chrome for 5 or 6 years already.

Rog

• Like 2

I can handle the parking!!  For work, I had a 2006 Sprinter van and now drive a Ford (shame on me) Transit 250, full size.  I ordered it with the 3.5 ecoboost, little baby turbos off each manifold, but what a difference.  She runs 310 horse/400 lb. ft. torque, from a V6.  Longevity is in question, but so far it's been good. 

James Dean met his maker with one that was kind of like this one.  My wife loved it.  She's kind of a Porsche gal.  We went to the Car d'Alene, in Couer d'Alene, ID this year and I taught my ladies what a 'gasser' is.  They're so cool. 

59743634730a0_Snapchat-132782328Compressed.thumb.jpg.db77856d5579b2f49820cfab6ce4d975.jpg

• Like 2

Roger,

You got rid of two 'Eleanor's'????  How dare you.  I can only imagine.  Very cool.  How's the take off with the 4.40?  Something about a 427, Chevy or Ford, I want one.  Looks like you have it tuned for high speed.  The wife's first ride was a '68 Camaro.  Her Pops removed the linkage to the second set of traps on the carb.  He didn't want her to go to fast.  I wished that she would have kept it.

Aaron

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACV92 said:

Roger,

You got rid of two 'Eleanor's'????  How dare you.  I can only imagine.  Very cool.  How's the take off with the 4.40?  Something about a 427, Chevy or Ford, I want one.  Looks like you have it tuned for high speed.  The wife's first ride was a '68 Camaro.  Her Pops removed the linkage to the second set of traps on the carb.  He didn't want her to go to fast.  I wished that she would have kept it.

Aaron

Aaron,

The painter I mentioned, his ex wives first car was a 1971 Plymouth 440 6-pack Cuda'. Her father took off the linkage to the front and rear carb as well  ;)

My Cammer is way farther from stock than any that were built back in the day and only two others like it will exist, but I plan on adding boost. You are correct though, the high reving 427s were some awesome beasts, Ford made 5 completely different top ends for the 427s  ;)

Roger

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Man Carl,

I'd love to try some of that! Where do you get it at??

Rog

We picked up a bunch while we vacationed in New Mexico.  They have some pretty good sized pistachio farms there.  The weather must be just right for growing.

• Like 2

Damn guys.....had to catch up 6 pages.  Only gone a day^_^

Roger and Aaron keeping things moving.

There is a shop in Florida (LHT Performance)  google or youtube it.  He is getting 420hp out of the S2000 and seems to know his stuff.

Can't imagine that hp in a 2800 pound car:rolleyes: 

IMG_1904.JPG

• Like 5

First cup from the mystery gift this morning. I know nothing about this process akin to playing vinyl.
How much coffee to put in grinder? FIIK, dump some in
How long to make noise with the grinder thing? FIIK, do it a little while (looks like powder now)
How much coffee powder in filter? FIIK, 6 one half teaspoons that should do it
How much water? FIIK, throw 6 cups at it.
VERY weak. What now? Throw the rest of the coffee powder in a new filter and pour the weak azz coffee back over it.
Mew

Try again later

edit I found this http://www.specialty-coffee-advisor.com/how-to-grind-coffee.html#shallwe

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Damn guys.....had to catch up 6 pages.  Only gone a day^_^

Roger and Aaron keeping things moving.

There is a shop in Florida (LHT Performance)  google or youtube it.  He is getting 420hp out of the S2000 and seems to know his stuff.

Can't imagine that hp in a 2800 pound car:rolleyes: 

IMG_1904.JPG

Tarheel,

Curb weight on a 1966 427 SC Cobra is 2,282 pounds, 700 pounds of that is just the engine!  ;) They also had a 42 gallon fuel tank! I read a test drive report once that they were driving one on one of the NASCAR tracks and the author said he came out of turn 3 in the top of 3rd gear which was around 100 to 110 mph, he power shifted into 4th gear and the whole car side stepped about a foot or so as it hazed the hides, now remember that this is the SC version, Carol made two Super Snakes with twin Paxton Superchargers on the 427 that would do over 200 mph! Bill Cosby was one of the two original customers that ordered one brand new and made a hilarious comedy tape about how it scared the chit out of him. The tape is titled 200 mph 

Rog

• Like 4