Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

no but I just looked it's 4

At A Glance

'66 Shelby G.T. 350 convertible

• Shelby American built only four G.T. 350 convertibles for '66.
  • Each of the four convertibles was a different color--green, yellow, blue, and red.
  • The '66 G.T. 350s were equipped identically to the fastbacks, except the rear quarter panel brake-cooling scoops were not functional because the convertible top mechanism interfered with the ducting.
  • All four '66 G.T. 350 convertibles survive today--three are complete cars while the fourth is disassembled and in storage.
  • For many years, it was rumored that there were six convertibles. However, paperwork discovered by SAAC proves that only four were built.

I wonder how the original rumor of 6 got started? That figure was around for decades!

Rog 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

You know you are a helplessly lost gear head when you know about crap like this!

Without looking it up, do you know how many 1966 GT-350 Convertibles Carol Shelby made??

Rog

as a kid I must of read this book..

more times than the pope reads

the bible !

61Aqp1owkwL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 4

Morning gang

Cars, Cars, Car Talk :emotion-21:

Coffee and looking for a Donut.

Talk is 105 in the heat index again today.

Demold / clean / prepmolds / cast, the morning routine.

Doubled shelf space for the last project of the day yesterday, now i know there will not be enough storage space.

New engineering quirk has arisen, Retaining Wall Top Cap looks to be the way to go.

River Rock going over the top of the wall, to me looks like Chit.

Research for weeks has NO top Cap(s) available that look good.

One Cap, that gives me direction is this "Cap", what i had in mind, modified to my specs of course.

UA-AC-WC-GR.jpg

• Like 6

I saw a Turbonique powered car in the '60s at US 131 Dragway, Martin, MI.  If memory serves, it was powering a Valiant and it was a match race against TV Tommy Ivo's 4 Buick engined AWD dragster, the Riviera Wagonmaster.

The howl of that Turbonique was unforgettable.  The Valiant sat silently at the Xmas tree while the 4 Buicks thundered in the next lane.  The tree went green, the Buicks took off in clouds of smoke, a switch was flipped and the Valiant hurtled away from the starting line, screaming past the AWD dragster.  The screech was deafening and extremely unpleasant.  

The next time they sat at the line you told yourself you were ready for the wail from the Valiant; you were wrong.  Each time the instaneous transition from silence to a banshee wail was just as startling and even more annoying.  Go figure why Turboniques never caught on. @dirtmudd

image.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

When I was a kid 9-11 y/o..in the summer .

I would go down to the South bronx

in hunts point..

and play in my uncle's junk yard..

My dad was in one of his two cars at the time GT350 or the 500 when dropping me @ the surplus yards w/ $20 bucks for the day.

I got to pick the yard to go to.

I was playing with Lasers and military goodies in the 60s.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I saw a Turbonique powered car in the '60s at US 131 Dragway, Martin, MI.  If memory serves, it was powering a Valiant and it was a match race against TV Tommy Ivo's 4 Buick engined AWD dragster, the Riviera Wagonmaster.

The howl of that Turbonique was unforgettable.  The Valiant sat silently at the Xmas tree while the 4 Buicks thundered in the next lane.  The tree went green, the Buicks took off in clouds of smoke, a switch was flipped and the Valiant hurtled away from the starting line, screaming past the AWD dragster.  The screech was deafening and extremely unpleasant.  

The next time they sat at the line you told yourself you were ready for the wail from the Valiant; you were wrong.  Each time the instaneous transition from silence to a banshee wail was just as startling and even more annoying.  Go figure why Turboniques never caught on. @dirtmudd

image.jpeg

You just gotta love the looks of an old nail head!   ;)

Rog

• Like 4

6 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

You know you are a helplessly lost gear head when you know about crap like this!

Without looking it up, do you know how many 1966 GT-350 Convertibles Carol Shelby made??

Rog

I'm sure you know what the 350 means.

• Like 3