Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Here is an old picture. The night light is on the lower left.

I think you have collected a couple more audio pieces since that picture. I do like that room.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Honestly, the doorway kicked my butt. 

Love that floor, good choice, bamboo veneer for speakers could look great ? I don't think all bamboo material looks that good ?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would much rather diy

The word "Tooling" up the mold is old school fiberglass trade talk.

This plug when finished will be the exact item/perfect fit.

Plugs are made out of everything you already have laying around.

So far this is scrap wood, Bondo/Resin to fill in the void is going in right now.

The finished "Plug" will be set in a box and urathane is poured all around it.

After the Urathane sets up you yank the "Plug" and there is your mold.

Currently waiting for this old bondo filler to go off and then i will fill the rest of the void w / resin.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

flat bottom?

Flat bottom is what the finished "Plug" will have, however the over hang on both sides gives me something to run the river rock into. Finished edge so to speak.

stay tuned, it happens today w / pics....

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

that's because you like eating it..

But it can still look good before I eat it, but really I have seen picture of bamboo floors that looked really plain, Carls has a nice look.

5 minutes ago, minermark said:

The word is handy.....

That does sound better.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Do you guys have favorites? 

obviously the Ketchup thread, then any thread where you guys say nice things about me...by the way, where is that thread, don’t think i’ve seen it. :D 

Actually most of you are a pretty nice bunch. Too bad we’re all not closer geographically -- i’d let you all take turns buying me dinner. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

obviously the Ketchup thread, then any thread where you guys say nice things about me...by the way, where is that thread, don’t think i’ve seen it. :D 

Actually most of you are a pretty nice bunch. Too bad we’re all not closer geographically -- i’d let you all take turns buying me dinner. 

I'll tell you what - if we are ever in your vicinity, wherever the H that actually is, Del Taco is on me --- !!?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I think you need to make a road trip!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, minermark said:

Flat bottom is what the finished "Plug" will have, however the over hang on both sides gives me something to run the river rock into. Finished edge so to speak.

stay tuned, it happens today w / pics....

If you're using the overhang to run the river rock into, for a finished edge, a flat bottom will give you the same result if it's the same width...

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

look what we found in Niagara Falls, Canada....Image may contain: 1 person, food

Yes BSM would like those, but the biggest surprise was they let you in Canada :o Love the shirt, and nice elbow . :lol:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mungkiman said:

If you're using the overhang to run the river rock into, for a finished edge, a flat bottom will give you the same result if it's the same width...

Correct, those are the two options available with these plugs, will look at both.

Do not know why the 1" overhang sounded good, Flat bottom sounds interesting also.

"Test" day.

Today is the big day for sticking a few rocks and "cap" on the rear driveway wall, just to see how this will look.

• Like 1