Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm embarrassed to admit we were forced to use coffee bags on national coffee day yesterday.  The results were slightly better than the coffee at Midas.

While waiting for Amazon to deliver more 8 O'Clock whole bean Colombian, we actually drove to Kroger to buy some ground coffee.  The McCafe shown is very good.

Enjoy a great weekend all.

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

• Like 2

It is with great dread that Coffee Day comes every year and I think I can do what I did in my 30s which is drink coffee all day with abandon. By 1 o'clock I was non functional with the shakes and unable to focus on anything complicated. So I then just wasted away the rest of the afternoon listening to jazz. So really it wasn't that bad a day after all. But I do so love coffee. :) 
Brad

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I will equate drinking coffee on National Coffee Day with drinking alcohol on New Years Eve. Both are for rookies. I drink coffee all day every day. I imagine drinkers do their share of drinking throughout the year not just New Years. And I don't need a designated " special day" to enjoy yet another cup-o-joe. Sounds like something Hallmark would have dreamed up. (I have nothing against Hallmark, a proud family owned local company. And they spent mucho $$$ with my old company).

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

I drink coffee all day every day.

Yep, hot, cold, room temp, fresh, yesterday's leftover and on the road, not peculiar except a little sweet and a little flavored creamer (optional). 

Signs_9fd1cb_347972.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Made it back from New Orleans in one piece!

Felt compelled by this forum to eat bread pudding 3 times in four days, the worst batch was wonderful!

Also felt I had to drink in the oldest bar in the US (maybe second oldest maybe third, but that has already been discussed)! Should have just gone to Elden's!

LF2.thumb.jpg.49c9b215c24999fad71607a478c92600.jpg

• Like 5

woke up this morning...did some

laundry in the basement....

I noticed that was a back up...

and a slight foul smell...

went back upstairs made my coffee..

had my first cup...that's right I don't

drink it by the cup..I have a mug full.

proceeded back down stairs...

with my rubber boots...and

my hose with a 3" badder. .

had the plunger by the weep pit..

did a few plunges....gotta

hooked up the hose...and bladed

and stuck it in the pipe..

turned the water on...did a few more

plunges...and down the drain it went..

now after cleaning up a bit...

returning back to my next mug

of coffee...

images.jpg

plumbing-drain-11-300x300.jpg

10 hours ago, dtel said:

It wouldn't have been as much fun, and we didn't have bread pudding or an old bar, but it would have been nice.

I would have been better off missing a round of bread pudding, but it was everywhere. I'm more of a "plant your butt in one place and have a few cocktails" than a " let's hop to 8 different bars packed with people I don't know" kind of guy. Your Tiki hut would suit my style (or lack of) perfectly. The better sound system would be a bonus too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I would have been better off missing a round of bread pudding, but it was everywhere. I'm more of a "plant your butt in one place and have a few cocktails" than a " let's hop to 8 different bars packed with people I don't know" kind of guy. Your Tiki hut would suit my style (or lack of) perfectly. The better sound system would be a bonus too.

About the best sound coming out of any bar that I heard was at the BB King blues club.  The audio at most bars seemed to be an afterthought or just something thrown together because you were supposed to have music in a bar.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

About the best sound coming out of any bar that I heard was at the BB King blues club.  The audio at most bars seemed to be an afterthought or just something thrown together because you were supposed to have music in a bar.

what sound reinforcement did bb kings club have ?

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

About the best sound coming out of any bar that I heard was at the BB King blues club.

BB King has been the only concert that i’ve ever walked out of. Bass was SO ridiculously powerful, it felt like a donkey kicking me in the chest. After four songs, I finally just left.  Walter Trout opened up for him, and that was a good show. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I think they all go for volume, it's like they are trying to outdo each other, most places I wouldn't care for the music anyway. 

Hey CC&C crew!  After a weekend of awful news, we had one ray of good news!  Our third son was born just after midnight oct 1. Everyone is well and we're home!  Oh yeah - this is what sleep deprivation feels like!  Coffee, coffee, coffee!  

IMG_1028.thumb.JPG.7525dc86f03821e3e3221a91a6476d7b.JPG

• Like 9