Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Sorry to hear about your mom in law Mark.  These times are never easy.

Thanks Carl,

No it's not easy..... but it's out of my control.... all I can do is be there for Dawn and do what needs to be done! Dawn is one tough woman!! But under that tough shell she's mush. 

The other day Dawn was talking to one of her dads closest friends.... keeping her posted on things. Well she told Dawn how much Dad loved and admired me, she went on and on... it really brought  tears to my eyes. Over years of owning the shop Dawn's dad would pull me aside every so often and ask me "how ya doing for money?? do ya need any?" I would always chuckle and tell him were good Dad thank you. With out the help of Dawn's Mom and Dad we would not be were we are today..... No shop and No house that we live in. I am for ever grateful.

MKP :-)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Yessss I was thinking about those days last night as was bringing fire wood inside. I lasted about 20 minutes before I couldn't take it any more.... My nine fingers were freezing:wacko:

weather man says might be getting some snow next week???? We have gotten off real light this year so far..... Might be time to pay for it:o

Yup another COLD one for sure........ was getting pics all day yesterday from our eldest daughter, she's down in Florida at Disney with our two grandkids. Pics of them in shorts and tank tops on water rides. 

Holding the shop down without The BOSS again..... She's at moms till our daughter gets back...  She's been a little upset the last several days. All mom really does now is sleep..... very very week. over the last few months she has not been swallowing her food very well. takes forever to eat a Eggo waffle. Even drinking has become an issue. We don't think she will make it another year. This Jan will be two years since The BOSS's Dad past...... We pray that she will go in her sleep and not suffer, as the later stages come she will stop swallowing all together. Both of my in laws have/had "do not resuscitate" and no "feeding tube" orders. 

OK..... time do do some work and make some $$$$$ so I can pay some bills:P

A good day to all...

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL Mark, tough time of the year for that. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about this Mark, there is nothing anyone can do, which is the hard part. Like you said the best that could happen is she goes in her sleep, went through this with both of my parents.

I watched my mother during the day for her last few years, my sister took her home at night unless she had somewhere to go. I took her to all of her doctors appointments and wound care, I say all of this because it became obvious at the end that she just became really tired of being worn out from all of it.

People fight for as long as they can but it wears them down over time, all you can do is the best you can to make her comfortable.

You never want to see the end but in some ways it's a relief when there is no chance to improve and they can rest.

Good luck

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Sorry to hear about this Mark, there is nothing anyone can do, which is the hard part. Like you said the best that could happen is she goes in her sleep, went through this with both of my parents.

I watched my mother during the day for her last few years, my sister took her home at night unless she had somewhere to go. I took her to all of her doctors appointments and wound care, I say all of this because it became obvious at the end that she just became really tired of being worn out from all of it.

People fight for as long as they can but it wears them down over time, all you can do is the best you can to make her comfortable.

You never want to see the end but in some ways it's a relief when there is no chance to improve and they can rest.

Good luck

My father was 94 when he passed.  I remember him saying multiple times how tired he was.  The last year of his life saw several hospital stays.  All he wanted to do was get out of there and I can't say I blame him.  One stay a Dr. told us he was "circling the drain".  We had her removed from his care and he ended up going home with us a few days after that.  Another hospice stay he was in a coma for 3 days, woke up, asked for a Pepsi and 3 days later went home with us again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Crappy day all around...rain, cold and a septic tank pump out. Our street, for whatever reason, has no city sewage so just our street has aerobic septic systems. I have been using chlorine tablets (expensive little buggers) so I am having a liquid chlorine system installed. It takes about $20 a month for the tablets and I will be going to about $2 / month cheap Sam Club bleach and a lot less hassle. Should have done this 4 years ago when I bought the place.

I see my new tubes have been delivered to the front porch.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Nice here today, 52 and sunny, 19 for the low Monday night, coldest we have been this year, maby the coldest for the whole winter? They are putting out warnings for the cold, and if one flake falls everything will be shut down.

Just wanted to give the people up North a laugh. :D

• Haha 3

Hello everyone.....have read through the posts over this past page with some sadness for Mark and with reading other's stories... 

It is a hoot that my dad  is STILL acting like he is in his 60ies !  Still loves fast cars, drives his Merc. Marquis with the performace 4.6 v8 a little TOO fast for my taste, as I get SKYPE reports from him each weekend... He is continuing to chop cords of wood for the stove with his splitter, golfs a few times a week etc. (North Carolina as you may remember) and only on ONE med....

He will be 90 this April !  I am very fortunate  to take after him - I am now 65 and still take NO meds what so ever and manage to weigh only 5 lbs. more then I did when in high school all those many years ago.....Still amazed by this ! :lol:)

With that, my best wishes for ALL our forum friends and their family good health in the new and coming years ahead, with :emotion-25:....

............Gary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

He will be 90 this April !  I am very fortunate  to take after him - I am now 65 and still take NO meds what so ever andmanage to weigh only 5 lbs. more then I did when in high school all those many years ago.....Still amazed by this ! :lol:)

That's awesome Gary....

My dad will be 78 in Jan and he's a little "spark plug"  He looks no where close to his age. He works out a minimum an hour a day!! and works out hard! Up until a couple years back he was training self defense with me. He stopped training cuz of his arthritis in his wrists. It hurt too much to hit the heavy bags and pads........ and he didn't stop motorcycle racing (road racing) till his later 60's. He stopped racing cuz my mom would freak out when he went. Even though he raced in a vintage class at those speeds if ya come off you ya might not ever be right again!!

Quick story.....

At the end of this year we had a Halloween party at the house. Had a big disk fire in the back yard. We had our grandkidas there and a bunch of other kids...... all kinds of people (I still gotta put some pics up for you guys) So a bunch of us are around the fire just BSing..... my dad was hanging out with us there...... so there was young lady there, she was a friend of my eldest daughter and we knew this young lady from the pre-school that we took our granddaughter to years back. Well during my talking with my dad she hears me say "dad"  She interrupts our conversation and says...... Hold up Mark...... this is your dad? I said yea. NO WAY she says..... again I'm like yea that's my dad.... she turns to him and says you look incredible!! She kept looking at him shaking her head in disbelief...... again she says YOUR MARKS DAD???? My dad's like yup he's my son...... again she's saying no way no way. A few other people chimed in and said "yea that's Marks dad" 

So a few minutes go buy and I can tell she still can't believe that it's my dad..... and by this time we were laughing and my dad has this smile on his face;)...... a few more minutes goes by and she walks up to my dad and says " I'm sorry but I have got to ask........ how old are you?" My dad answers with.... I'll be 78 in January.....  again she is in disbelief..... and all I can say is I hope I got a lot of those genes:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

I am now 65 and still take NO meds

Didn't think you were 65, keep up whatever your doing, good to hear about your dad at 90.

8 degrees, that's about as cold as I have ever been in, many years ago while skiing in Ghent WV, once was enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that story Mark, I read it with a smile on my face :D, yes, I can add................When we visit my folks each August as you all know, my father will introduce me to his friends, or, just someone in a store that he knows.   It is usually the other way around, "This is my son....oh, and he is 64..."   that will usually make them all look back at dad in amazement at how old HE is but doesn't look :lol:...   So, that is a similar story only the effects are 'reversed' :)...

Thank you for the compliment also dTel... 

Now, here is one for YOU!   This year, at our annual Christmas dinner party here at our home, I announced to Chris a few days ahead that "We will be using the Klipsch WINE glasses for WATER this year..."    Well, I can tell you, our guests were very curious about them, one actually recognized the logo !   They got a kick out of the story I told them (yours of course), and how you were so kind to replace a SINGLE broken glass with turned into many replacements later from which they were enjoying their iced water... ^_^

I will put up a photo of the dinner table BEFORE we sat down....  coming up shortly......

• Like 4

...............here you go........table for 5, (my sister did not attend this year, she usually sits to my right at the open table space)...    You can see the  Klipsch glasses are in 'NO dust' mode along side the VERY classic (and pricey) Waterford wine glasses....   DSCN2334.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hello everyone.....have read through the posts over this past page with some sadness for Mark and with reading other's stories... 

It is a hoot that my dad  is STILL acting like he is in his 60ies !  Still loves fast cars, drives his Merc. Marquis with the performace 4.6 v8 a little TOO fast for my taste, as I get SKYPE reports from him each weekend... He is continuing to chop cords of wood for the stove with his splitter, golfs a few times a week etc. (North Carolina as you may remember) and only on ONE med....

He will be 90 this April !  I am very fortunate  to take after him - I am now 65 and still take NO meds what so ever and manage to weigh only 5 lbs. more then I did when in high school all those many years ago.....Still amazed by this ! :lol:)

With that, my best wishes for ALL our forum friends and their family good health in the new and coming years ahead, with :emotion-25:....

............Gary

Gary I did not know ...

that vino did not count !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Nice here today, 52 and sunny, 19 for the low Monday night, coldest we have been this year, maby the coldest for the whole winter? They are putting out warnings for the cold, and if one flake falls everything will be shut down.

Just wanted to give the people up North a laugh. :D

A huge cold blast is coming down from Canada this weekend, -12 as a low Sunday night.

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

............Gary

You're doing well Gary, the average male gains 1 lb a year between 30 and 60. It's awesome you're not on any meds, me either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tigerman said:

..............here you go........table for 5

Good looking room, very nice, a collection of Lava lamps, now that's different. :emotion-21:

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You're doing well Gary, the average male gains 1 lb a year between 30 and 60. It's awesome you're not on any meds, me either.

He is doing well, wish I could say the same about the weight, I got each of those 30 pounds, but no meds so that's good. Know how I stay off the meds, don't go to the doctor ! :o 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3