Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Amateur night. 

Not sure what We will be doing, but it won't be going out. 

Same here, to many people drinking and driving to be out if not needed, it's what old people do. :blush2:

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks Gary.  I'm feeling better but Trish  LF now feels a cold coming on:( but she is a trooper and has a lot more stamina than I do.

Happy New Years eve to you:emotion-46:

Glad your feeling better, hope the LF is not starting what you just went through.

• Like 2

Thanks Gary.  I'm feeling better but Trish now feels a cold coming on:( but she is a trooper and has a lot more stamina than I do.

Thank YOU Chuck.....................Do feel better, and LF too !

• Like 1

Ok...............so, we were talking about my 'youthful' dad about to turn 90.....   I am watching that concert LIVE from Berlin as you all saw in the post.     So, I am posting photos to RTM etc.    While doing that, my father that has more DEVICE TOYS then I do, pops on with Skype!   I set him up on his Sony BluRay player and he has free access to my Netflix AND Digital Concert Hall accounts.

Well, he wanted to watch the concert on his tablet...............since he is pretty good with computers and such, it wasn't but a few minutes and he had it up and running in that darn tablet !!! 

So, all the way from North Carolina, a Skype photo of him while watching the concert.   The scene on his screen is that of Maestro Rattle conducting...

Enjoy ;)DSCN7534.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Gary.  I'm feeling better but Trish now feels a cold coming on:( but she is a trooper and has a lot more stamina than I do.

I'm feeling a little better myself...

right now I'm pan searing beef ossobuco..

coffee will start after that

Everyone have a safe and happy New year's...

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

While doing that, my father that has more DEVICE TOYS then I do, pops on with Skype! 

At almost 90 he looks great, love the idea he keeps up with "device toys", many older people are just intimidated to even try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Are you gents going out to celebrate tonight?  LF and I will be going to an small, intimate, restaurant with two other couples.  Indochinese food and great reviews.  Home by 9pm:P

We are going to my daughter's boyfriends parents home, maybe 20 people there. It's supposed to be extremely cold....down to -12. I'll have to try to stay awake till midnight. 

I'm really looking forward to 2018. I spent a lot of time with doctors in 17, but I'm finally feeling better.

I also was approached by a commercial contractor about a month ago. They want to start an in house masonry section for his business, he builds restaurants (mostly McDonalds) As Vito Corleone said.... they made me an offer I can't refuse :D

Be safe everybody, have a great New Year!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

We are going to my daughter's boyfriends parents home, maybe 20 people there. It's supposed to be extremely cold....down to -12. I'll have to try to stay awake till midnight. 

I'm really looking forward to 2018. I spent a lot of time with doctors in 17, but I'm finally feeling better.

I also was approached by a commercial contractor about a month ago. They want to start an in house masonry section for his business, he builds restaurants (mostly McDonalds) As Vito Corleone said.... they made me an offer I can't refuse :D

Be safe everybody, have a great New Year!

Bill i wish you the best ....

this coming New Year's !

• Like 1

Well yes I'm going out but chances are I will be sleeping before most of you....well maybe not dtel:D

Jimbo you be careful crossing the road!

Bill it sounds like good things heading your way.

Mike the ossobuco looks yummy.  I may have rendang beef, oxtail soup, and whatever looks yummy.

Dinner reservations at 6:30, one glass of wine, and off to LF's casa.  May record the ball coming down but probably not.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Here is the Jakester.....he is 11 y/o and has been feeling poorly.  He doesn't like cameras or getting his picture taken.  He will be in as the temps are getting crazy cold for the south.  I may have to wear socks with my flip flops tonight:mellow:

IMG_2216.JPG

It's cold here too, Sorry Jake isn't feeling good...

• Like 2