Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Yep Happy New year to everyone, I think Luther put it best....

8 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

May your 2018 be filled with Love, Joy and Peace. Have a great 2018.

Stayed up late but never did much, walked outside for a little while for midnight, just to listen to the local rednecks blow things up as they tend to do.

Was going to complain about the cold, 21 last night and 17 tonight but is looks like I should be glad it's a + as many here will be 30 degrees colder.

That's just crazy, trip and break your leg in the yard and you better be able to drag yourself back inside or they will find you frozen solid in the yard. :unsure:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yep Happy New year to everyone, I think Luther put it best....

Stayed up late but never did much, walked outside for a little while for midnight, just to listen to the local rednecks blow things up as they tend to do.

Was going to complain about the cold, 21 last night and 17 tonight but is looks like I should be glad it's a + as many here will be 30 degrees colder.

That's just crazy, trip and break your leg in the yard and you better be able to drag yourself back inside or they will find you frozen solid in the yard. :unsure:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Just turned the pool pump on and put carpet remnants over all the pipes.  Hard freeze here tonight as it just hit 32 and is dropping.

I hope you're pipes are ok. How cold would it have to be before any damage to the pipes happens?

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

7 below here tonight

It's warmer there than here, currently -9, -14 predicted. Wind chill warning over the whole state. 

• Like 3

On 12/28/2017 at 10:39 PM, BigStewMan said:

My heart goes out to you Mark and The Boss. 

greetings from the abysssss.  let me tell you a story about my mom...

my daughter wakes up every morning praying that mom is still alive.  she looks for signs of life (breathing).  after a few minutes, my daughter begins to panic.  chest not moving.

a couple seconds later mom opens her eyes and says "GOTCHA!!"

welcome to my mom!!  when she goes, it will be into the loving arms of her husband and son.  there will be no tears of regret - just loss.

ALWAYS A LAUGH AT MOM'S HOUSE!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Gosh I'm glad I'm retired and don't have to go out cause it's rather chilly.  Now the big boy Jake wants to stay out laying in the sun as much as I allow.  He is feeling better and that big tail starts wagging when I come down the hall in the morning:)  Good to see.

Well LF came down with the crud but being a real trooper is taking her mom-in-law to Duke for a brain tumor surgery.  The tumor was removed back in 2014 and grew back just as large:(   MIL is 82 but looks and acts twenty years younger. 

I plan to stay inside with short trips to the grocery store and to check on LFs place.  We will get a break next Monday when we get a daytime high of 56. That should feel like summer after the big chill.

You Gents stay warm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

greetings from the abysssss.  let me tell you a story about my mom...

my daughter wakes up every morning praying that mom is still alive.  she looks for signs of life (breathing).  after a few minutes, my daughter begins to panic.  chest not moving.

a couple seconds later mom opens her eyes and says "GOTCHA!!"

welcome to my mom!!  when she goes, it will be into the loving arms of her husband and son.  there will be no tears of regret - just loss.

ALWAYS A LAUGH AT MOM'S HOUSE!!!!!

Prayers sent to your Mom, she sounds like quite a character. 

• Like 3

Glad mom is being taken care of really well, as only a family member can add that special touch.

Happy all who were sick here feeling better including Jake. LF is a real trooper alright in this weather, taking

her mom-in-law in for surgery.

Yes cold here for spell now, from recent normal winter weather. Thought they called for a mild winter.

Would not like to see a harsh one. Anyway, was brisk down at brother's place for Christmas. Got my

usual presents from LF and so am warm and happy enough for a start to the new year.

Stay warm if you can and safe.

2nd :emotion-44:

• Like 4

Bomb cyclone' to slam East Coast as winter storm continues to bombard US

National forecast for Wednesday, January 3

Janice Dean has your FoxCast.

A "bomb cyclone" is set to dump snow and ice Wednesday across parts of the East Coast that rarely see winter weather, the latest bombardment of frigid weather that's brought freezing temperatures to vast portions of the United States.

The National Weather Service said Wednesday a mix of snow and freezing rain was expected to move across along the East Coast from Florida to North Carolina before rapidly strengthening at sea.

The weather service warned a so-called “bomb cyclone” will bring “blizzard conditions" across portions of eastern New England late Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Morning Chuck....the weather looks like fun...😵

still can't shake this cold....

how about you.. feeling any better..

I am thanks but LF now has it.  She deals with it a lot better than I do.  I still have some fluid behind the right ear drum that hampers my hearing but no biggie.

Get better my friend! 

• Like 4