Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

49 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Public Service Announcement here in S TX was an advisory that Wal Mart patrons should wear TWO sets of pajamas due to freezing weather.

As crazy as that sounds I do believe I would rather see some of the "ladies" of WMart is two pair of jammies opposed to the summer wear I have been witness to -- in this case, more is better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, richieb said:

As crazy as that sounds I do believe I would rather see some of the "ladies" of WMart is two pair of jammies opposed to the summer wear I have been witness to -- in this case, more is better.

That's true, never thought about that.

• Like 1

:emotion-44::emotion-44::emotion-44: Good morning CCC people! I'm drinking coffee, have some cable stuff to do later...best to finish off the day with a cocktail, no?

Very windy and light snow north of Baltimore. All those island pix have me itching to get out of here.

Below are some pix of a sailing vacation a few years back. First our sailboat, then a turtle I snapped snorkeling with a cheap digital camera. Finally our neighbors for a few days of the trip. Yes that is a private boat. They had their own security detail that followed the lady swimming every day in a dingy. When they went ashore 3 guys swept the beach water to land side to side talking into their arms like secret service guys.....crazy....my security guard was a few bottles of Hairoun beer

Jambalaya.thumb.JPG.a569c2e3214c5bcc7ec30b7009d63952.JPG

5a4e141dd1b78_IMG_5335(Medium).thumb.JPG.f984b07dd91ea549f122fc487ce1ce56.JPG

5a4e1393a8688_DSC_0343(Medium).thumb.JPG.10124c93ee970c0560497ae57d4c2c26.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

. . .  then a turtle I snapped snorkeling with a cheap digital camera.

That’s amazing.  How does a turtle learn to operate a camera?:rolleyes:

Those are great photos Rich.  Were you permitted to socialize with your neighbors?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

That’s amazing.  How does a turtle learn to operate a camera?:rolleyes:

Those are great photos Rich.  Were you permitted to socialize with your neighbors?

I don't know how he learned that. I can only guess by that metal tag on his fin he must have been captured, taught to use the camera then set free. I only wish I got a picture of the one using the camera.

No we were not permitted to socialize with THOSE neighbors. However we did pull into this one cool island where in the harbor, a guy....no lie...had built his own island by hand with conch shells and cement. It's called Happy Island. All of our neighbors gathered there to watch the sun go down and drink rum. Way too much rum. The next day, underway, I was not feeling the love from the waves and rocking of the boat and ended up "chumming" the waters. Amazing how quickly all the fish showed up to eat second breakfast. :emotion-41:

The entire island - a bar and a couple of palm trees - Genius!

UnionIsland12.thumb.JPG.180cc32a6deda781db850831fc976e74.JPG

View from Happy Island looking west

UnionIsland15.thumb.JPG.e33806a4a148ee73b60bc33099c40e4f.JPG

Builder/Owner/Bartender

UnionIsland20.thumb.JPG.81f3a4a0f0733f1db5c3413a9bc06a6b.JPG

• Like 5