Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Jake does not look amused.

One last snow for Jake I'm afraid.  He is in some pain and struggles to get up:(  I dread making the call but know it's coming.  He's getting cheese grits and bacon in a few minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

One last snow for Jake I'm afraid.  He is in some pain and struggles to get up:(  I dread making the call but know it's coming.  He's getting cheese grits and bacon in a few minutes.

That stinks. Making that call is the toughest thing to do. I feel for ya man, good luck. Google rainbow bridge if you don't already know about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, rplace said:

The entire island - a bar and a couple of palm trees - Genius!

UnionIsland12.thumb.JPG.180cc32a6deda781db850831fc976e74.JPG

View from Happy Island looking west

UnionIsland15.thumb.JPG.e33806a4a148ee73b60bc33099c40e4f.JPG

Builder/Owner/Bartender

UnionIsland20.thumb.JPG.81f3a4a0f0733f1db5c3413a9bc06a6b.JPG

So, John Donne was wrong, at least about this clever and industrious man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I'm so sorry Chuck.  Been down that road several times and it's always horrible.  I know he's your boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

I have no clue.

Temp was -2.....Tupelo :D

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Birthplace of Elvis?

:D

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Sorry to hear that, we all know he's your buddy. Good for you for taking such good care of him.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I'm so sorry Chuck.  It's the worst, making that call.  Dogs give you unconditional love for their lifetimes, then they rip your guts out when they leave.  They're worth that end of life heartache I suppose.  No sugar coating this part though... :( You are in my thoughts.  I will raise a glass to Jake tonight and my cup of coffee to him this morning.  He's been a good family member to you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it was nicer in Alaska today than it was in South East TX.

Crazy run of weather for sure!   "Bomb Cyclone" that's a really cool title too!  (though I don't know that SE TX gets to be called that).

• Like 3

Yes 'Heel my best thoughts also. And making "that" decision is the worst which like several others here I have made too. But even worse and one I still live with is Not making the correct decision and waking up on an Easter morning to find my Golden hadn't made it through the night. And I should have been there beside her and wasn't. Sucks badly --- 

Best

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, is that a Century 21 for sale sign...in the front of pic.:emotion-44:

Terrible location though.  Chuck lives in the neighborhood.  Of course you could probably use that as a negotiating tool to get the price down though.

• Haha 4