Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

I turn 60 tomorrow. I've never been into birthday parties but decided to go big for my 60th. 

Well happy Birthday, hope you have a good day, your sure starting it off in style. :emotion-19:

Well you sure perfected how to throw a party over the last 60 years ! B)

1 hour ago, Wardsweb said:

About 20 people. I just picked up 10 pounds of Alaskan King Crab legs, 22 lobster tails and 5 pounds of shrimp.

king_lobster.jpg

That picture kind of reminded me of a different line from the Blues Brothers movie, We have 10 pounds of crab legs, 22 lobster tails, 10 pounds of shrimp and a diet coke. 

Hope the party turns out great, and many more happy years which should be easy, since you look under 40 now.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

When I was little (yes, a looooong time ago) an older lady down the street would cook down maple syrup and when we had a fresh snow she'd scoop some clean snow, pour the thickened syrup over it and give it to us for a treat.  Now days, I'd be afraid to do that with the acid rain we have.  Who knows, maybe it was bad then but it sure was good.

Think I was around 9 when read the book, The Wolverine. Think that is where they were cooking down Maple sysup and spread it out on snow, Made an impression on me at the time, I suppose; Maple candy.

BTW, meant to say ETC, not ETM. Electronic throttle control needed replacement. That limp mode was silly but, got me home, albeit slowly.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Any of you guys have or no someone who has a Dodge Viper?  Keep thinking I need one:mellow:

Knew a guy who had one for a very short time, bought it low sold it long. One ride in it, I do believe you can have some fun with that Beast 'Heel. I agree, you do need one ---. Like my stepson always tells me (like he came up with the saying) when I over think buying an over the top vehicle - you only live once. He is very good at helping me spend my $$$. Lovely lad he is --- 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, richieb said:

Knew a guy who had one for a very short time, bought it low sold it long. One ride in it, I do believe you can have some fun with that Beast 'Heel. I agree, you do need one ---. Like my stepson always tells me (like he came up with the saying) when I over think buying an over the top vehicle - you only live once. He is very good at helping me spend my $$$. Lovely lad he is --- 

this is what a tell people...when

it come to...you needs to do this, or you should

do that...

my response is simple...I tell them

open up your heart...and open your

wallet wider....I will do that as long

as your paying !

• Like 3

Went down an internet rat hole on stereophile mag and read some well written articles. Most interesting. But then , for FTFOI, I tapped an ad for a high end turntable. The derping in the ad was incredible! 

Holy Adjectives, Batman!

See below:

Custom Features

The № 515 features a gimbal-mounted, 3D-printed tonearm with integral headshell, stainless steel counterweight, and discrete internal cartridge lead routing. The tonearm is mounted to a rigid machined Aluminum arm base featuring a precision calibrated vertical tracking angle with on the fly adjustment. The Mark Levinson “knob inspired” stainless steel record weight and felt platter mat ensure maximum stability of playback.

How does one become "knob inspired"? At one point in my Army career, I was the Wardmaster of the Urology Clinic at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Knob inspiration was not a recognized diagnosis.

Good heavens. I think I'll stay with a Yamaha set up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Keep the bubble.

Can't really argue with that but you can always Add the Viper. Think of it as the Bubble with a triple shot of expresso + a Low T Center booster shot + a quick stop at the Russian Olympic Training Center. There's your Viper - 

• Like 3