Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 1/9/2018 at 7:10 PM, WillyBob said:

MKP,

You doing a restoration or ?  I have an '80 Prelude that I am trying to restore. Working on mechanical first.

Yea restoration, just bringing back to stock. I've had this car 25+ years.... never drove it. got it with some slight front end damage for $600. 85K original miles 99% rust free. I have most of the parts to put it back together. All new Honda front fenders (plastic fenders on those cars) , bumper cover and most of the stuff you just can't get from Honda any longer. just got all the machine work done. I even had new Honda piston kits that I got over 20 years ago. The car has been apart too long.... it sat at my garage at my house for years and took it to my shop a few years back to get on it. Last year I really started to work on it. My plan is to have it running this year. 

Ya got a 80 Prelude... Ol' CVCC...... that was good stuff back in the day. I haven't worked on one of those in........... I have no clue lol lol.

About a year or so ago I did have a guy bring me a old 79 Honda Accord to the shop for me to go through the carb. Man that brought back some memories. Was a really nice old car, kinda a barn find.

If I can be of any help send me a PM, (not that I have racks of vintage Prelude parts lol lol) I've been working on Honda's since 1986. My wife and I own a Honda shop. I have a link in my profile.

Have you ever checked out ThisoldHonda.org? Really cool site with some vintage Honda stuff. 

Good luck...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Good morning everyone..................:emotion-44:

Back on the car talk kick........... I was watching a vid about Shelby..  I had not realized that the Viper was really patterned after the Shelby Cobra!, as Carol was behind the design...    

On the new Mustangs?, let me just say,  they are the ones to watch!

Now, with Chuck in mind (and Mark - MPK)  'The Racing Channel' on youTube is one of my subscribed channels, and this morning THIS popped up on my screen.  If you are into Hondas and especially the S2000, you may find this short race video interesting :emotion-21:  (and no, it is not ALL about the roof blowing off), but the way the car goes and how fast this driver shifts that screaming thing !!    Turns some very quick times too!    Enjoy...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

this thread moves right along ...

How you all are?

hope all in the weather affected areas are safe.  Things can be replaced. Yeah, cliche .. but true

Went thru Hurricane Iniki while I was on Kauai.

MKP,

My 80 has 125K. I bought it from a little old lady for $600.  Did the cv joints/axles, clutch, brakes, timing belt and water pump. Shop looked at me a little funny when I asked how much to rebuild the CARB. 

"Ummm, we're gonna have to pull one of the old guys for this".

The sheet metal is good. Has some pocks from a freak hail storm. The rubber needs to be replaced. 

the pic of the cuppu

I'm a purist. I would need a cup of coffee to wash that down.

I get Peruvian from our roaster...  It can be very good. I drink a lot of varietals. I enjoy a good blend, too

You see me going for cream and sugar, the coffee is bad. 

My drink, sippin' whiskey - neat.

I spose it would figure that I roll my own cigarettes, too.

...say WillyBob

How much coffee have you had this AM? :D

Edited by WillyBob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Good morning everyone..................:emotion-44:

Back on the car talk kick........... I was watching a vid about Shelby..  I had not realized that the Viper was really patterned after the Shelby Cobra!, as Carol was behind the design...    

On the new Mustangs?, let me just say,  they are the ones to watch!

Now, with Chuck in mind (and Mark - MPK)  'The Racing Channel' on youTube is one of my subscribed channels, and this morning THIS popped up on my screen.  If you are into Hondas and especially the S2000, you may find this short race video interesting :emotion-21:  (and no, it is not ALL about the roof blowing off), but the way the car goes and how fast this driver shifts that screaming thing !!    Turns some very quick times too!    Enjoy...

Hey Gary.....mines not quite that fast but the top has never blown off either.  Do a S2000 youtube search and watch LHT Performance do a supercharger install.  These guys are meticulous and work on a car like it's theirs.  The 40th install is a good one to view.

Someone is begging me to sell them my Volvo so I've been on the net looking around.  This morning a 2014 Rousch stage 3 Mustang with 1800 miles showed up for $36,000 and change.  575hp.

Also saw a 2005 Saleen Mustang for $15,000.  325hp.

Yesterday I was on the phone with Carvana and was about to lock up a 2017 Mustang GT with 6 speed manual and 435hp.  Only 642 miles.  When she tried to put it in lock mode so no one else could buy it someone else locked it:mellow:

So today I'm changing direction and going to look at a 2013 Honda RDX.  Opal black with parchment interior.  More practical I guess but not as exciting for sure.  The young lady with Carvana is suppose to call me and let me know if the GT sold or not.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Someone is begging me to sell them my Volvo so I've been on the net looking around.  This morning a 2014 Rousch stage 3 Mustang with 1800 miles showed up for $36,000 and change.  575hp.

There's a dealership in Ohio that will sell a brand new 700+ HP Mustang GT for 40k with a 2 year warranty on the engine.  Basically there are no options and it's a base GT but that's a lot of HP for the money with a warranty.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Davis said:

The pic of the young lady sitting on a speaker?

Not sure where those were posted.

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep that's the one.  My buddy Mike posted it I believe.

it's from a klipsch dealer in Germany..

Now 6 pictures from the Klipsch Hottie Series , A Legend in Sound .

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep that's the one.  My buddy Mike posted it I believe.

It wasn't 3 pages though.  I still don't know why the discrepancy.  Honestly, I really believe that you and Oldtimer have something to do with it as a deterrent to me in getting my toaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davis said:

There are a few preowned Hellcats in the mid to high $40's around here for your 707HP fix.

Ooooo, man, just ONCE in my life I'd like to be in the 500hp+ club. 700! That would be great, just once to get my fix and be done with it. Oh and I would still complain about the gas mileage. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When I have a meeting at one of our clients office they have parking spaces labeled "Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only". So when I park in one of those spaces in my 485HP Scat Pack I always think, yup 485HP and 23MPG Highway is pretty fuel efficient. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

yeah but my ear to ear grin while shredding a pair of rear tires - I don't think I'd quit smiling for a week.

@Rxonmymind - I'm thinking kinda like you, except I might be ok with driving it like I stole it for a couple hours & then walk away.  or might have to run away, but you get my drift 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davis said:

When I have a meeting at one of our clients office they have parking spaces labeled "Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only". So when I park in one of those spaces in my 485HP Scat Pack I always think, yup 485HP and 23MPG Highway is pretty fuel efficient. :D

yep.  and to me that "Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only" sounds kinda relevant.  as you said, 23 mpg for 485 hp - yep, pretty doggone efficient I'd say

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1