Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Lard is easy down here. 

wife and I have a running battle over MY cast iron.   To the point where she leaves its maintenance solely to me.  I sorta won ... my cookware isn't rusting.

I hear that, and I'm happier for it....

• Like 2

Thanks for the birthday wishes Gents. 

You know Face Book will allow you to set up a fundraiser for your birthday so I raised money in honor of Jake.  We raised $485 to benefit Danny & Ron's Rescue in Camden, SC.  They save hundreds of dogs each year!  Cash donations also benefited Flying Fur Rescue an organization that flies difficult to place dogs to homes all over the USA.  The fundraiser will end tomorrow and I've asked contributors to continue being a voice for the abused, neglected, and unwanted animals that so enrich our lives.

Jake would be proud.

IMG_1269.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Yes Jake would be proud, You worked at a shelter so you know how many animals go through those places. Don't know if I could work at one, it's sad the way people treat animals. But as much as you saved Jake he helped you also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Congratulations Chuck, just noticed this thread is less than a week short of being 4 years old.

Happy Belated Chuck!  Four years is quite a run!  Did you ever think when you started this?...

We're on our third straight day of 50-60mph winds.  It's soul crushing at this point, ready for it to move on.  Air temp is 16, windchill is - miserable - to put it in scientific terms.  Coffee is a saving grace!

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, akdave said:

We're on our third straight day of 50-60mph winds.  It's soul crushing at this point, ready for it to move on.  Air temp is 16, windchill is - miserable - to put it in scientific terms.

That's enough to cause you to freeze your Wasilla off.

Your better than me, I couldn't handle that cold and wind. Another 15 mph winds and that would be the start of a category 1 hurricane. I bet with the winds going through parts of the mountains some places are much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fur Rondy is coming Dave! I spent a couple months in Anchorage , well --- Spenard, from Christmas to the end of Feb.

nearly got blown off the hwy on/near the MatanuskaRiver in a white out.    fun

had avert a crisis

needed beans. A bag of Guatemala and some Kenya AB ought to last me a couple weeks

gotta love the general store here

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Fur Rondy is coming Dave!

Had to look that up, winter festival, once again, if your not local you have no idea. I would guess no wet t shirt contest and Rondy. :o That would hurt :blush:

Probably it's not good to type what I think sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Fur Rondy is coming Dave! I spent a couple months in Anchorage , well --- Spenard, from Christmas to the end of Feb.

nearly got blown off the hwy on/near the MatanuskaRiver in a white out.    fun

had avert a crisis

needed beans. A bag of Guatemala and some Kenya AB ought to last me a couple weeks

gotta love the general store here

My general store is Costco --

• Like 2
  • Haha 1