Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sis was saying that the receiver had an infinity sign with a line through it .... from the pics, that would be the 2000X She told me it was ordered from Japan and didn't see action until it got to the States in '71

Needs some attention. One of the channel makes a crackling noise when you move the volume dial.   Is it worth the attention needed?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Sis was saying that the receiver had an infinity sign with a line through it .... from the pics, that would be the 2000X She told me it was ordered from Japan and didn't see action until it got to the States in '71

Needs some attention. One of the channel makes a crackling noise when you move the volume dial.   Is it worth the attention needed?

Deoxit should clean the noise out of the volume pot but as old as it is, it really should be recapped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would def say she is a male.

Specs look good on my sis' Sansui ... is it good with Cornwalls?

as much as I enjoy audio equipment, I don't have room for a collection.  I already have my "doghouse" full of R/C helicopters. I know me ...I accumulate ... I will need to exercise a lot of self-control or i will have a room full

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

One more cup of coffee and I'll start on the second Heresy.  Here's the first one.

20180203_144247.jpg

I see why it took so long.  Spare me from networks attached to terminal cups.  I’ll take the boards and barrier strips all day.

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I see why it took so long.  Spare me from networks attached to terminal cups.  I’ll take the boards and barrier strips all day.

That's what I had to work with unfortunately.   New caps wouldnt fit on the cup anyways.

20180203_130125.jpg

• Like 1

I got up "late" this AM ... 5AM  [we don't do DST, and I promise to not rant]

usually up at 4.  I keep farmers' hours.  Make coffee, stoke the fire, feed the cats and go to the doghouse to make noise.  It's a small house and very open. i try to be quiet. That is the hardest thing in the world for me .... so, I retreat to my little mancave.  Bang on my keyboard ...

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I got up "late" this AM ... 5AM  [we don't do DST, and I promise to not rant]

usually up at 4.  I keep farmers' hours.  Make coffee, stoke the fire, feed the cats and go to the doghouse to make noise.  It's a small house and very open. i try to be quiet. That is the hardest thing in the world for me .... so, I retreat to my little mancave.  Bang on my keyboard ...

• Like 2