Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Funny stuff. I've been threatening to buy a pair of overalls for the last two winters. Each time I standing at the rake I can't pull the trigger.

I always think Rodney looks mighty dapper in his overalls with a plaid shirt underneath. Maybe I'll bring a pair to Hope this year ?!?

I tease my wife saying I'm going to buy a pair and makes shorts out of them!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

We will be giving away a pair of Forte IIIs as the grand prize at Pilgrimage this year. Each adult over 18 years of age will be given one chance to win with your paid registration fee. Additional tickets may be purchased for $5 each!!!  You must attend to be eligible to win!!!!

What if I attend in spirit.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

404 error code — Not Found — signifies that you’ve reached an “empty” URL. In effect, you’re at a dead end — you opened a door and found a brick wall

Or one that is down.  It is knocking on the door when no one is home.  AS few things you can try.  First if you know the IP address, try to browse to the site with it instead of the name.  That will bypass name servers and some other potential problems.  Second you can ping the site to see if it responds. It is better to ping the IP address instead of the name, but use what you have.  Only do it once or twice (the name and the IP address for example). If you and bunch of other people kept pinging the site, it could effectively by a DDos (Distributed Denial of Service). If they were trying to fix things, that would be singularly unhelpful.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, vasubandu said:
On 2/26/2018 at 11:25 AM, dtel said:

Ours had one also, it bothered me so much I removed it.

Bet you burned yourself on it.

Never did but our daughter backed up into it once, she got the idea in about 1 second.

• Like 2

you mean she didn't defy the laws of physics?

Murphy is still putting on a show.  We might see some snow. "See" is the operative word. Even if it did accumulate, our reaction would be the same. We watch it until it goes away. That would be about noon. HaHaHa

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

404 error code — Not Found — signifies that you’ve reached an “empty” URL. In effect, you’re at a dead end — you opened a door and found a brick wall

7 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Or one that is down.  It is knocking on the door when no one is home.  AS few things you can try.  First if you know the IP address, try to browse to the site with it instead of the name.  That will bypass name servers and some other potential problems.  Second you can ping the site to see if it responds. It is better to ping the IP address instead of the name, but use what you have.  Only do it once or twice (the name and the IP address for example). If you and bunch of other people kept pinging the site, it could effectively by a DDos (Distributed Denial of Service). If they were trying to fix things, that would be singularly unhelpful.

7 hours ago, vasubandu said:

I rarely ask a question if I do not know the answer.  First rule for lawyers.

you just did 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, T2K said:

My wife use to wear cut-off overalls with no shirt years ago. The bib was too small to cover and support private areas. It was somewhat embarrassing when people stared at us. I told her to quit wearing the army boots and people would quit staring.

We're going to need a photo you know:P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1