Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

spoke too soon about not getting snow. We got an inch or so around 10AM.   It was gone at noon.

here just long enough to remember me why I don't live up north.

You ask for a snow shovel down here, all you will get is a funny look. Finding a frost scraper is hard enough.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Tarheel said:
21 hours ago, T2K said:

My wife use to wear cut-off overalls with no shirt years ago. The bib was too small to cover and support private areas. It was somewhat embarrassing when people stared at us. I told her to quit wearing the army boots and people would quit staring.

We're going to need a photo you know:P

That's funny but you know when some women get old they grow into the bib, not that the bib get's any bigger but.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

she musta been on her best behavior HaHaHa

she is nice ... don't make her angry. You will see my father come out... lol

just talked to her. They were unloading them before they go shooting.   That scares me.  I know her.

the guns part

Well she has a nice stereo now, no way you will see her, never heard of a WillyBob.

She never went shooting, this is her...

594febd23e738_6775441.gif.71203caffcd3bc03fc42d5883c1db901.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

you just did 

I do not see a question mark in there.  But  you are right.  Here especially I ask questions without knowing the answer, and I break the rule at trial all the time. Besides, we may think we know the answer but quite often we don't.  Wouldn't  you agree?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Here in Houston, we have 2 seasons:  summer and transition to summer.

In Seattle we have wet and dry.  From November to May we probably see the sun 30 days in a typical year.  From June through October, we have amazing weather and during summer the sun sun does not set until after 10.  Little known fact: during the baseball season, Seattle gets less rain than any Major League baseball city outside of California and Arizona. It is than nice here.  Of course, when it gets dark at 4:30 in December, I never remember how good the summer was.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

What is there to burn in the desert tumbleweeds :o can't burn dirt and rock or cactus. :) just wondering

that's why you don't hear about big fires in the "desert". You would be very surprised. It not really desert here.

Check out Coronado National Forest. There is a bit of a bog 2 blocks away. Arivaca Cienega/BuenosAires Nat Wildlife Preserve

Cienega is code for swamp/ish. There's a flock of redwing blackbirds in the tree. Can hardly hear the tv.

Lots f life around. Hummingbirds pick cat hairs off my pants. Watched a clutch from nest build to fledge. They dinna hide the nest. I had to be careful to not hit it in my normal travel around the yard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

From November to May we probably see the sun 30 days in a typical year. 

Our winter this year has been like that.  Unusually like that.  We've been wondering when it will get back to normal.  The last handful of days has been very nice (back to normal).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Well she has a nice stereo now, no way you will see her, never heard of a WillyBob.

She never went shooting, this is her...

594febd23e738_6775441.gif.71203caffcd3bc03fc42d5883c1db901.gif

She doesn't share my enthusiasm. However ... I suspect her "boyfriend" ... he is/was a corporate pilot, might be interested in hooking it up ... just to see. lol

• Like 2