Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I need a sponsor.  I just “won” a second pair of Heresy this month on eBay.

This afternoon I met the young middle school band director at the duplex I’m rehabbing so she could see and hear the first Heresys won this month.  I guess her mother never warned her against meeting strange men in empty buildings.

Naturally, she was impressed.  “They’re much better than the computer speakers that ‘crackle’ when turned up,” she said.  I assured her we could put together a system for less than $1,000.

I’ll let my son have first choice between the first pair and this pair.  I showed her my older son’s faux-pro Heresy as an example of what the school’s will look like.

Dave @wvu80 do you monitor eBay sales to populate your spreadsheet with data?  Contact me if you need numbers on my two recent Heresy purchases on eBay.

042F8B19-8106-48D3-80A3-93B466DB22CF.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Our winter this year has been like that.  Unusually like that.  We've been wondering when it will get back to normal.  The last handful of days has been very nice (back to normal).  

We would love a handful of nice days.

In 2016-2017, over a span of 178 days, Seattle had 123 with rain or snow, 149 with more than 70 percent cloud cover, and just nine -- that's nine, as in two more than a week -- with less than 30 percent cloud cover. Of course on average we have 308 cloudy days per year.  Of course, that is offset by the rain. From October 2017 through April 2017, we got 44.67 inches of rain, not that anyone noticed. But really, out summers are gorgeous.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

We tend to get that amount per year.  I really like our balance between rain/clouds/sun.  I think Houston is like a tropical paradise but without the paradise.  :P

I agree but not because of the weather.  OK that was mean.

But yeah you get about 50 and we get about 40.  But you get hurricanes and that really is cheating.  Should not count.  I had no idea you got that much.  And the humidity, plus it is in Texas, and plus it is Houston.  Why does anyone live there?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

actually, I am practicing "eccentric".  Now, I just need some $$$

Buddy II have only known you for a week or so, but I ca assure you that you blew past eccentric decades ago.  I know weirdos because I am one, and I'm not entirely sure that you have not passed that too.  How about crackpot or fruitcake?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, vasubandu said:

and plus it is Houston.  Why does anyone live there?

Born and raised.  Friends and family.  The weather is good.  I'll take sweltering heat any day over those nasty, wet, icy winters.  We had a mere 3 days of nasty, cold and icy.  That's plenty enough for me.  I could not envision living anywhere where that kind of weather is the norm.  Cost of living is very good, too.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

From November to May we probably see the sun 30 days in a typical year. 

That's not good, had no idea it was that cloudy. It must be very light rain on average.

I looked it up and Seattle gets an average of a little over 37" per year, New Orleans gets 60" per year and that's with an average of 219 sunny days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

That's not good, had no idea it was that cloudy. It must be very light rain on average.

I looked it up and Seattle gets an average of a little over 37" per year, New Orleans gets 60" per year and that's with an average of 219 sunny days.

we get a average of 160 days ...

of sunshine a year...

and when it does....it makes me

unhappy....I like being miserable !

just don't mess with my coffee....

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

And your looking here, that's funny. :D

Sounds like a good project, they really need to get it going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, vasubandu said:
26 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

actually, I am practicing "eccentric".  Now, I just need some $$$

Buddy II have only known you for a week or so, but I ca assure you that you blew past eccentric decades ago.  I know weirdos because I am one, and I'm not entirely sure that you have not passed that too.  How about crackpot or fruitcake?

It's all the same, it just depends on if it is the eyes of the weirdo, crackpot or whatever name, doing the deciding ? A crackpot sees a weirdo differently that a fruitcake does, and endless other combinations.

45 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

This afternoon I met the young middle school band director at the duplex I’m rehabbing so she could see and hear the first Heresys won this month.  I guess her mother never warned her against meeting strange men in empty buildings.

Naturally, she was impressed.  “They’re much better than the computer speakers that ‘crackle’ when turned up,” she said.  I assured her we could put together a system for less than $1,000.

I’ll let my son have first choice between the first pair and this pair.  I showed her my older son’s faux-pro Heresy as an example of what the school’s will look like.

042F8B19-8106-48D3-80A3-93B466DB22CF.jpeg

With your specific problem I can't think of a better place than a Klipsch Pilgrammage for an intervention. Three days surrounded by Klipsch speakers, watching them being built, hearing the newest cinema line, concert Klipsch at Rodney's, yeah, that should break you of the habit. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

And the humidity, plus it is in Texas, and plus it is Houston.  Why does anyone live there?

I wouldn't live in Houston, but I am not from Houston that's why.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Born and raised.  Friends and family.  The weather is good.  I'll take sweltering heat any day over those nasty, wet, icy winters.  We had a mere 3 days of nasty, cold and icy.  That's plenty enough for me.  I could not envision living anywhere where that kind of weather is the norm.  Cost of living is very good, too.

I agree, I have no clue why people live where winter is way longer than summer or rainy cloudy and wet most of the year. Yes it's hot and humid down here but that's still better than wet, cold frozen and no sunshine. A couple or 3 extra months are summer are handy. imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

I am nearly mainstream conservative here....  in town

• Like 1
  • Haha 1