--- yes they did. While Jethro was studying to be a double-naught spy --- 

naught and naught is naught, carry the naught
I bet Ms. Jane would have worn him out; battle to the end

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

naught and naught is naught, carry the naught
I bet Ms. Jane would have worn him out; battle to the end

It's crazy, good natured humor from shows like this that is missing today. Society today is Much too sophisticated for this level of funny.

Too bad --- 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, richieb said:

It's crazy, good natured humor from shows like this that is missing today. Society today is Much too sophisticated for this level of funny.

Too bad --- 

young people today wouldn’t appreciate the brilliance of Green Acres.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi USNRET,

it could have been worse [for you].   Wasn't S.O.S. 

or is creamed dried beef on toast still in favor in the Navy?

Are you guys funnin' at me? Just cause I cool off by taking a dip in the horse trough?  HaHaHa

• Haha 2

We are gong to convert our redwood two hole outhouse into a sauna. 

Much of the building materials for this place are reclaimed/recycled. The redwood and windows [the glass has wrinkles] came from an old railroad station. The aluminum "siding" on the back of the house, is old litho plates. Interesting place. We got contents, too. 

stuff ranging from leghold traps to a RadioFlyer wagon. A converted truck bed "trailer" that has wire spoke wheels. The bed is rotted away. I have no idea where the pumpkin [rear end] came from. A friend said it looked like a tractor.   We bought half a museum...  pieces of mining equipment in the yard.  All things the original owner dragged here.  I keep expecting to run into a lockbox when I am trying to dig. 

The garden was almost an archeological dig.   I have pulled up woodstove parts, sash weights  more crap than I can recall....

• Like 3

Greeting from Tucson,

The clock says 7:55 am, but my EST-zone body says 9:55 am.  Yesterday was mostly spent in the air.  First Detroit to Dallas, then Dallas to Tucson.  Air travel used to be a pleasant adventure, today it’s drudgery.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Greeting from Tucson,

The clock says 7:55 am, but my EST-zone body says 9:55 am.  Yesterday was mostly spent in the air.  First Detroit to Dallas, then Dallas to Tucson.  Air travel used to be a pleasant adventure, today it’s drudgery.

--- That there is what convinced me to retire. "Flying the friendly skies" ain't all its cracked up to be these days. The light bulb came on for me when due the ineptness of a field salesman I was asked, told, to fly to Buffalo in December. Yeah, that sounded like a well laid plan. So with a weather delay to Buffalo, imagine that, I'm trudging through the Detroit airport at 11:30P with still a flight to catch. The lightbulb burned a hole through my head and I said, that's it, I'm done. And a few months later, I was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DizRotus,

flying is an ordeal now.  I was groping for the word...

That's why I am renting a vehicle for my road trip.

I can get from here to Chicago in 30hrs of driving time.... and not have to search for bags

it still a bit fresh down here. It's about 10` cooler in the AM. Callin' for 80`.  Nice for your trip.  Chance for rain Sunday. I think Sat night/ early Sun...

have a good time.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- That there is what convinced me to retire. "Flying the friendly skies" ain't all its cracked up to be these days. The light bulb came on for me when due the ineptness of a field salesman I was asked, told, to fly to Buffalo in December. Yeah, that sounded like a well laid plan. So with a weather delay to Buffalo, imagine that, I'm trudging through the Detroit airport at 11:30P with still a flight to catch. The lightbulb burned a hole through my head and I said, that's it, I'm done. And a few months later, I was. 

ask jimjimbo about how reliable flight out of SouthBend IN are.  That place is like a black hole for airplanes.

They land.   And never leave.  What happens, is crew comes in "out of hours".  Like truck drivers. Required to sit for several hours and rest. Flights may be delayed for several hours for no apparent reason. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, richieb said:

Too bad --- 

Just watch ME TV then.  Heck, I can even get that channel with my antenna.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We are gong to convert our redwood two hole outhouse into a sauna. 

I bet it was a sauna already in the summer, with it's own fragrance.

Impressive you had a 2 hole model, fancy but why, who would want to sit next to someone else for this ? :unsure:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

ask jimjimbo about how reliable flight out of SouthBend IN are.  That place is like a black hole for airplanes.

But it's Indiana, who wouldn't want to be stuck there, well we could go roll Jimjimbo's house to start. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2