Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Hey, no problem, hope it works out. Ive been wanting to meet Jim for a while, and check out his Klipsch mancave of speakers. I've also been wanting to go to St Louis for a baseball game. 

Does anybody know if La Scalas will fit in a GMC Acadia? I have my trusty GMC full size truck, but then weather might be a concern.

According to the Klipsch spec sheet the La Scala dimensions are:

Height: 35 1/2"
Width: 23 3/4"
Depth: 24 1/2"

I'll be driving a 1/2 ton Dodge Ram with a fiberglass shell on the back.  It stays dry in the rain.  It rained on me when I brought my Cornwalls home, and they stayed dry.

• Like 2

My sister said Jim was nice.    But then ... 

ummmm,   you will get to meet her.

Kid is playing with Nana.

We had breakfast. Made a little special today.

FrenchToast w/Whipped Cream and strawberries. She ate 2 slices. The wife was looking at me like what the?... She just ate hers and mine...

I know better. She will eat adult size portions. You should see her go after spaghetti.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

I just realized, they're not at Jim's, they're at Willybob's sisters. I guess if I'm that close, I'll have to stop and say "hey".

3 hours ago, Opus said:

According to the Klipsch spec sheet the La Scala dimensions are:

Height: 35 1/2"
Width: 23 3/4"
Depth: 24 1/2"

I'll be driving a 1/2 ton Dodge Ram with a fiberglass shell on the back.  It stays dry in the rain.  It rained on me when I brought my Cornwalls home, and they stayed dry.

Thanks. I have a truck also, but not a shell, hate to risk it with the weather. 

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

My sister said Jim was nice.    But then ... 

ummmm,   you will get to meet her.

Kid is playing with Nana.

We had breakfast. Made a little special today.

FrenchToast w/Whipped Cream and strawberries. She ate 2 slices. The wife was looking at me like what the?... She just ate hers and mine...

I know better. She will eat adult size portions. You should see her go after spaghetti.

Was Jim spreading on the charm :D

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I always thought I had a brother...

lol

That's funny!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I’d say they will.  They fit in a Ford Edge (188 x 76 x 69).  They should fit in an Acadia (194 x 75 x 66).

57B73D7A-C3BF-41EB-9232-37C437677935.jpeg

F8CD59FE-0CD4-4387-9533-CE321F272355.jpeg

Thanks. Is there a preferred direction or side to lay them on? I see the cardboard, would that be better than blankets or packing material? I thought about using pillows or blankets to lock them into place.

• Like 2

@Ceptorman  Those are on their faces, due to the wing nuts attaching the bass bin mod ports.  The tops are to the left.  When traveling upright isn’t possible, I’d want them on their faces, even without the back ports.  On their sides would be my last choice, which in this case was precluded by the handles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Opus said:

Just checking to see if there's any progress on this.  We've got a little over 3 weeks to make it happen.

Only weekend that seems to work for you guys is May 4-6 if  @Ceptorman wants to work in a Cardinals game. Chances are good I will be traveling down I-44 that weekend from St. Louis on my way to Lake of the Ozarks. I may be able to take a leg of the journey. If you get them to me sometime early Friday the 4th, I can get them as far as Lebanon (not sure how far west on 44 you needed).

Just giving you options. Everybody needs La Scalas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Only weekend that seems to work for you guys is May 4-6 if  @Ceptorman wants to work in a Cardinals game. Chances are good I will be traveling down I-44 that weekend from St. Louis on my way to Lake of the Ozarks. I may be able to take a leg of the journey. If you get them to me sometime early Friday the 4th, I can get them as far as Lebanon (not sure how far west on 44 you needed).

Just giving you options. Everybody needs La Scalas.

If the baseball game works, that would be great, but if not, that's ok also. I don't  want to risk not hooking up with someone just for a ball game. I was also hoping to pick them up at the Chicagoland meeting, but I don't think a date has been set.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@Ceptorman  Those are on their faces, due to the wing nuts attaching the bass bin mod ports.  The tops are to the left.  When traveling upright isn’t possible, I’d want them on their faces, even without the back ports.  On their sides would be my last choice, which in this case was precluded by the handles.

I measured the back area on my wife's Acadia, they will fit easily, you were correct. I would like to securely wedge them in for safety, don't want them wandering around the back seat.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WillyBob said:

the stereo moved a short distance from Jim's. It's about 15 miles east. At my sister's.

@Ceptorman , @Opus

I still can't believe you guys are doing this for me ... even if it doesn't pan out and the connection don't happen. just the effort.

thanks so much

So far, we have me picking them up from your sister, bringing then to St Louis to hand them off to @MookieStl who will hand them off to @Opus who can get them to Hope on May 17th? Any leads from Hope going west? Will you still try this even if you don't a connection going west? Can they sit somewhere? 

I have been trying to get to the Pilgrimage for the last two years, but haven't yet. There's a chance I might make it this year, but I'm not sure yet. I started a new job last week, but I can take a day off if I need to. So there's a chance I can bring them to the Pilgrimage, but I can get them to St Louis pretty easy, it's only 4 hours away.

Just trying to figure it out :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning.

1/2 pot of coffee down. Almost approachable.

Been up since 2:30.

Hope is around half way.  Unfortunately, I don't have any people in TX beside the folks I've met here. ElPaso/LasCruces NM is about as good as I can do. My friend in LC ... I'm thinking his boy is in Houston....  That going the wrong direction.

Anyone from SoCal headed to the pilgrimage?

If it doesn't happen ... thnx

Plan A involved me driving a rented KIA Soul the r/t. Tucson - IN - NC - IN and home

Assuming everything will fit in the KIA.

and my being able

• Like 2