Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Any of our coffee thread guys going to the Pilgrimage?  Guessing Jimbo and Carl will make it. Just wonder who is traveling the greatest distance?

Only a 5 hour drive for me.  I'll be there Wednesday noonish.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I am guessing Hope is around 1000 miles from here. Just a guess, it may be more. Not out of the realm of a pop in... Highly unlikely.

google sez 1,198 mile from here...    little more unlikely...

Any progress on getting your La Scalas across Texas?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Clearly that’s ideal, but I like a second cup without the hassle of brewing each in small amounts.  The carafe keeps it hot enough and seems to avoid the “cooked” taste it gets from sitting on the Bunn’s hot plate.

I would rather nuke warm coffee from the carafe than drink it warm or drink it cooked.  Clearly, I’m not a coffee connoisseur.  That said, to open a new can of worms, I do put a divot in the grounds, let the Bunn start for a few seconds and stop it for ~30 seconds to get a “bloom.”  To me, the resulting coffee is smother than just starting the process and letting it go to conclusion.  So maybe I am a “cable guy,” when it comes to coffee.

--- I do the "blooming" thing with a French press too. Pour water over the grounds to fill mark, let sit for a a couple minutes then proceed to press. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

12 old guys for breakfast this morning.....most from high school days.  Lies were told! 

Now over to LF's friends place to do some pruning.

Any of our coffee thread guys going to the Pilgrimage?  Guessing Jimbo and Carl will make it. Just wonder who is traveling the greatest distance?

--- I won't be traveling the greatest distance, just under 500 miles, but with expectations of continued abuse from 'Bo and Carl it will Seem the longest miles travelled. My mind has me on the road tomorrow --- 

• Like 3

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
3 hours ago, dtel said:

When not at home just a little something sweet is good enough

That's why your with Christy 

I was thinking about a girlfriend. :o

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll take 0 percent he doesn't.   Any takers?

I'll take 1%, anything can happen, they could have that big earthquake and N.C. could slide over part or A.R. ? OK it's a longshot :huh:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Early bird huh?

--- Carl is arriving early in expectation of Your early arrival ?!? The two of you can pal around until the Real festivities begin ?! 

Oh, -- you will be there , right ?????????!!!!!!!!!! You can "prune" in Hope just as easily as at home --- ?!? Join us, won't you ---?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1