Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

33 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

You boys having slushies around the fire at Rodney's can talk about how swell a guy Tarheel is

Why would we do that?  It'd be much more fun talking about how whipped he is and why he's not there with us enjoying himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Now as to shine. I like it with a beer chaser. Have had it on a few occasions.Was surprised to find it legal in some places when I went to the mountains for vacations for a couple of recent years. in the summertime for the 4th. Was amazed at all the flavors.

My daughter brought some back from someplace in Tennessee, they had about 100 different flavors. But it was not real, I guess they limit the proof or something to make it legal but they still used the name moonshine. I had brought some back fro AR and asked her if she wanted to taste the difference, she put a drop on her finger and just said OK with a funny face.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

and I won several spelling bees in the second and third grade - so there --- 

:o You were one of those kids, must drive you crazy reading some post, like mine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

this "system" lasts forever, and is wayyyyyy better, and wayyyyy cheaper....

melitta_2_back.jpg

Looks like exactly what I do, just switch melitta for a old drip o lator pot. So easy a cave man can do it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

this "system" lasts forever, and is wayyyyyy better, and wayyyyy cheaper....

melitta_2_back.jpg

see the pic of the skeleton under the spout... Yeah those work.

For a hardcore coffee person, you would have to have two cup in action. One making and one drinking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

nawt at awl....

--- something wrong with that?! Where I gone to school that spilling is purrfect. ?!? And let me repete myselve - I won too spelling beez in the secund and thurd grade -- ?!  'Nuff sed ---?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- something wrong with that?! Where I gone to school that spilling is purrfect. ?!? And let me repete myselve - I won too spelling beez in the secund and thurd grade -- ?!  'Nuff sed ---?!?

I'm guessing you were sick the day they taught punctuation?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, Ceptorman said:

So far, we have me picking them up from your sister, bringing then to St Louis to hand them off to @MookieStl who will hand them off to @Opus who can get them to Hope on May 17th? Any leads from Hope going west? Will you still try this even if you don't a connection going west? Can they sit somewhere? 

I have been trying to get to the Pilgrimage for the last two years, but haven't yet. There's a chance I might make it this year, but I'm not sure yet. I started a new job last week, but I can take a day off if I need to. So there's a chance I can bring them to the Pilgrimage, but I can get them to St Louis pretty easy, it's only 4 hours away.

Just trying to figure it out :D

@Ceptorman, @Opus haven't heard any updates lately. We going to try this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm new, duh

anyone on the master list of attendees that live this way?

If they can get to LasCruces NM or ElPaso, good... if they are getting to Tucson or AZ, I-10 better

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the effort ... even if it doesn't happen.

• Moderators

Got this email from Klipsch and thought it was funny.

YOUR SCRIPT FOR TALKING TO THE NEIGHBORS
DEAR NEIGHBOR,

I'm incredibly hurt that we had to get the police involved with the noise complaint last week. If only you had the experience of feeling a Klipsch subwoofer resonate through your bones and into your soul, I think you would understand. Long story short: Friday night is movie night. You should come over so we don't have a repeat of last week. If you could bring the beer, that would be great since I spent my last paycheck on the speakers (#WorthIt), which you will soon be enjoying. 

NOT SORRY, ELDEN

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, MookieStl said:

@Ceptorman, @Opus haven't heard any updates lately. We going to try this?

I'm still game to get this going.

34 minutes ago, Opus said:

Just waiting to see if @WillyBob can find someone to make the haul across Texas.

That seems to be the tough part, that's a lot of miles.

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm new, duh

anyone on the master list of attendees that live this way?

If they can get to LasCruces NM or ElPaso, good... if they are getting to Tucson or AZ, I-10 better

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the effort ... even if it doesn't happen.

Hopefully it can happen.

They would be safe in my living room until that last western leg is figured out :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, dtel said:

My daughter brought some back from someplace in Tennessee, they had about 100 different flavors. But it was not real, I guess they limit the proof or something to make it legal but they still used the name moonshine. I had brought some back fro AR and asked her if she wanted to taste the difference, she put a drop on her finger and just said OK with a funny face.

Lol, yes, I remember now. Yes there is a place, forgot now that we toured through, may Murphreesboro that was advertising flavors and sample. Friend told me it was not the real proof stuff.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, yes, I remember now. Yes there is a place, forgot now that we toured through, may Murphreesboro that was advertising flavors and sample. Friend told me it was not the real proof stuff.

We stopped in one of those stores that was highly advertised on the interstate and bought a bunch of flavors.  The strongest proof that you could buy was around 150 or so.  The state puts a limit on the strength if I recall correctly.  I still have part of a bottle of the stout stuff at the house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

Got this email from Klipsch and thought it was funny.

YOUR SCRIPT FOR TALKING TO THE NEIGHBORS
DEAR NEIGHBOR,

I'm incredibly hurt that we had to get the police involved with the noise complaint last week. If only you had the experience of feeling a Klipsch subwoofer resonate through your bones and into your soul, I think you would understand. Long story short: Friday night is movie night. You should come over so we don't have a repeat of last week. If you could bring the beer, that would be great since I spent my last paycheck on the speakers (#WorthIt), which you will soon be enjoying. 

NOT SORRY, ELDEN

Wear your "pissing off the neighbors since 1946" T shirt while delivering:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2