Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

due to a lack of trees, our have taken the place of woodchucks down here. There have tunnels in the Jujube grove. No, gummi bears don't grow on trees .. The common name is ChineseDate. Most of the original plantings at this house are medicinal.  Nopal - prickly pear.  Pomegranates, Jujube .. no aloe vera. Anyone that has it will gladly get rid of some.

the Jujubes are mildly sweet  and crunchy/crisp. Not juicy. When they dry, they do resemble a date and taste similar, with a magnitude less sugar. Supposed to be a calmative.  They smell nice in bloom. Kinda like lime jello, a candy citrus fragrance. The flowers are very small and chartreuse. Not a showboat.

the coons and woodpeckers get most of them.  Not so much the coons now. I trapped and relocated a half dozen regulars to the lake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

the Arizona Dept of Transportation just ran a PSA for how to correctly follow a snowplow this AM. 

We tease about the ice "breaking" on the SantaCruzRiver when it hits 100`, but, I do not think we are expecting snow because it is under 100`. Not today

and yes, I am feeling better today

thank you all

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You have to wonder who was the first guy that thought making a cup of coffee out of this would be a good idea.

I like coffee but not that much.

Same thing about raw Oysters, who thought to open a shell and eat it raw, but I do like those. At least they didn't pass through another animal first, big difference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I draw the line there, too Elden. I don't care how bad I want a cup of coffee, I would not go there. 

Raw oysters, raw fish ...

I wish I had been to Hawaii before I went and spent a couple weeks on the WA "beach". The tide pools are choke with good stuff to eat. About anything that comes out of the ocean is good to eat.  That what I learned from living in HI. There is a fish called the Nightmare Weke... Don't eat the head. @oldtimer knows about them. 

BigStewMan was gone for a while before I got on the boards, here. I remember everyone welcoming him back.

I just wish him a fun time and a speedy return.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I like coffee but not that much.

Same thing about raw Oysters, who thought to open a shell and eat it raw, but I do like those. At least they didn't pass through another animal first, big difference.

Mostly unrelated, but I also wondered who the first person to make cottage cheese was and how they came to the conclusion that they were done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think, again, hunger drove that. 

...may not be so tasty,   but he didn't die.

I would like to know who decided cranberries were edible? 

If I told you that you can eat the acorns down here w/o prepping them first...  These are not rich in tannins and are quite passable. We have a bush that very closely resembles holly -- the berries on it ARE edible. Don't try that with true holly.

• Like 2