Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yep....I drove 1055 miles for one of Carl's slushies.  Great job by Christy and Elden to keep my attendance a secret.  A fun time for sure.  Factory tour starts at 7:30am!

IMG_5674.JPG

Nice!  That's cool you made it over there Tar-Chuck!  One day maybe... one day...

Hope it was a good time!

• Like 6

Hello everyone, sorry for the absence of postings from my end.............but, I am SO GLAD you are all having a great time at the Pilgrimage in Hope....   So nice to see these photos of you, and finally putting faces to the familiar names on CC&C :)

IMG_5680.JPG

• Like 4

I was drinking my coffee, twiddling my cables, while wife watched the wedding.

I had to excuse myself after I started laughing about the commentator getting excited about men on horses. Wife shot me one of those looks that suggested it would be in my best interest to [go] find something [else] to do.

and Pat Boone could have rendered a more soulful Stand By Me ... sounded like muzak

• Like 3

The audio was superb on nbc. I tbought it a lot of fun, the shots of the chapel were pretty stunning. I'm always a sucker for beaufiful churches and this certainly didn't disappoint.

You still going to Hope?

@WillyBob

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I guess those youngins got hitched ok? 

This place is vacant, everyone is at the pilgrimage. 

I hope the weather holds out for them.

Weather is fine.  We're inside listening to a band playing through a stack of KP 600s.

20180519_183404.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

The audio was superb on nbc. I tbought it a lot of fun, the shots of the chapel were pretty stunning. I'm always a sucker for beaufiful churches and this certainly didn't disappoint.

You still going to Hope?

@WillyBob

Hi Marvel

I think this the first we have talked. pleased to meet ya

as far as weddings go, it was very nice. The incorporation of heritages ... that seemed awkward.  Not that I was expecting a rock gospel band and folks dancing in the aisles...

it woulda been cool... but not "royal style"

• Like 2

Mornin' all

I get to drink coffee and watch the news this AM. Wife got to watch the rerun of the wedding, last night, w/o my comments. I bit my tongue and was quiet.

Harry has an Jaguar XKE convertible. Sweet.

...........  I remember getting an XKE in my Aurora HO scale car set. That and a split window Vette

• Like 4

... was telling my sister Tarheel may be visiting while we are at the beach ... she said, "He better bring his A game"  

a couple drinks and they can get ruthless. I have seen them in action.

I don't want to know the how/where ... they know the lyrics to The Rodeo Song.  I know the song because I dated the house mother at a gentlemen's club.

I was rather disappointed to hear that Harry's XKE had been converted to electric. Prolly faster and more reliable ... but

• Like 1
  • Haha 1