Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yes Elden she is nice.......

It sure seems like it, you did great finding her, nice lady.

I asked her if she had a problem with you calling her LF on the forum, she thought for a second and said no not really. :emotion-21: I told her I thought about it and it is kind of a complement, she smiled and agreed. She said she has read a few post here, well it's a good thing we behaved. :biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Like the guy Wayne who buys/repairs/sell classics.

I  have seen him on many shows, he knows his stuff and loves old very rare garage finds.

• Like 3

Mornin' All

One last day for the wife to work ... an "in service" day.  Then her "vacation" starts.  She has to run away from home to get some actual time off. The high mucky mucks can always seem to find something they forgot for her to do..

Going for an "out of house" experience tomorrow. A couple of us are going to listen to some Forte III at another members place. Guess I'll have to dig out my "go to meetin" bib overalls. I joke about sarongs and robes ... but, not really. That's what I wear most of time. My bib o's are formal wear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

So there are desert rednecks, good to know. :D

The Forte lll's will not sound like your LaScalas, totally different overall sound. The LaScalas will have a much more pronounced midrange, and a little different bass, folded horn bass.

• Like 2

... and I saw a pair of Chorous I for $400 in Tucson.  I am having to stop myself or I will end up with a houseful. I know how I am.

When it come to some things, I fall into line with a lot of you/us.  I have micro-helicopters from hell ... looking for "the one"... Exchanging parts and upgrading, modding.  I finally got one I like, after building a custom. Cobbed from bits and pieces, plus some innovations.  I went thru all the same stuff you/we do to speakers. Go thru all of the electronic perturbations coupled to the different mechanical variations. Down to how hard [or soft] the rubber dampers are.  A lot was like here ... to the untrained eye/ear, no differences could be seen. 

My buddy brought me some coffee. I don't know what they told him, but, if it is sposed to be special, I have one word "Meh"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Mr. Coffee machine died today.  It was able to make it through 2 cups but then died giving birth to cup number 3.  I really can't guess how old it was but I did get my monies worth out of it.  No services are planned at this time.

A new machine was ordered from Amazon.

Some of you may remember that I had a tooth implant about a year ago that was unsuccessful due to thermal necrosis (over heated bone).  Went in to try again this morning.  Doc says everything went perfect so we will see.  Have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the rest of the job done.  Nothing solid to eat for a few days and nothing hot or spicy.  LF brought me a smoothie made from chocolate, bananas,  and acai berries.  Taking it easy and watching "b" grade movies on Amazon.

Rain, rain, and more rain........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

My Mr. Coffee machine died today....No services are planned at this time....

RIP Mr. Coffee, you were a loyal companion and trusted confidant.

Please observe a moment of silence, then return to your regularly scheduled coffee drinking. Well, not you Chuck ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A new machine was ordered from Amazon.

Hopefully a Bunn!

It may be he does know a good Bunn when he see's one. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

My Mr. Coffee machine died today.  It was able to make it through 2 cups but then died giving birth to cup number 3.  I really can't guess how old it was but I did get my monies worth out of it.  No services are planned at this time.

He deserves to be put in the grounds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It may be he does know a good Bunn when he see's one. 

What about the other one? All cottage cheese is OK?

Is one bunn what goes in a pant.

since we have gone this direction ...

last time I went to the grocery ... there was this pair attached to a gal. I honestly do not know what her face looked like ... The caboose had a jiggle that was PiedPiper to me.  I am almost afraid to go back to the store for fear that if I see that again, I will follow it home.

Didn't make the listening session. Wife brought home 8 feet of entertainment. Two kittens. They are quite a handful ... but funny as hell. The one is shy and I have had fetch him from everywhere. Pulling the fridge out, was not what I needed. Nurse Cratchet "MEDICATION!"

Had to dump that pot of coffee and make some good mud. That gourmet blend of Nicaraguan and Oaxacan didn't work for me. Wife said it was better than Folger's.  Now I know why she wants a cup of our day old/cold when she gets home from work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:
On 5/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, dtel said:

So there are desert rednecks, good to know. :D

I resemble that remark:)

Just looking at you I wouldn't have thought redneck, but it could be anyone at times.

• Like 2

these kittens don't have any idea how much it hurts to laugh. Skidding around the wood floor. One of the missed a jump up the step and did a header into the step when his feet slid out.  I thought about putting runners ... but that would be too self-descriptive.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

these kittens don't have any idea how much it hurts to laugh. Skidding around the wood floor. One of the missed a jump up the step and did a header into the step when his feet slid out.  I thought about putting runners ... but that would be too self-descriptive.

Young cats are fun to watch, put a mirror where they can see their reflection, or just about anything and they will play. 

• Like 3