Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

38 minutes ago, babadono said:

Wow. I can't feel the love tonight:) No Love(or even like) for Uncle Eltie here. Hmmmmmm. To each his own. A great time was had by all.

You and your crew enjoying is all that matters. After all, what do I know? (This should bring a couple wise acres out)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's Bizarro style real estate right there.

It is an unusual market.  My brother-in-law recently sold a small home in Birmingham so that he could buy a larger home, in nearby Bloomfield Hills, on a larger lot for less money and with lower property taxes.  

But enough about location, location, location, our BUNN BXB is no longer looking for a new home.  The reduced flow spray-head has solved the problems.  Although a bit slower, the coffee is consistently good, it doesn’t require an excessive amount of coffee to water, and, best of all, it doesn’t overwhelm the filter.

With the original spray-head, trying to make 8 cups or more would cause the grounds to overflow the filter.  I can’t abide grounds in my cup.  Now we can brew 10 cups with no problems.  Thank you BUNN customer service.

• Like 5

One way to take a cup of coffee up another notch or two, is to Whip it.  This is about 2 fingers of 2%, nuked for 30 sec., then whipped and stirred in. Adds body and also a bit more visual appeal, among other things.  I have been doing so for years.  This particular whip came from Ikea and does the job quite nicely.  

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Shiva said:

One way to take a cup of coffee up another notch or two, is to Whip it.  This is about 2 fingers of 2%, nuked for 30 sec., then whipped and stirred in. Adds body and also a bit more visual appeal, among other things.  I have been doing so for years.  This particular whip came from Ikea and does the job quite nicely.  

unnamed.jpg

Those are great for whipping up half and half when you make an Irish Coffee! Couple of tea spoons of sugar, cold half and half, whip. Heat glass with hot water dump out, one cube of sugar, equal parts Jamison and coffee top with your whipped cream poured over the back of a spoon so it does not mix. NO GREEN CRAP drizzled on top. :cool: enjoy, repeat till hang over is gone.

• Like 5

that sounds good. Not a fan of foo foo coffee, but that is different

Still waiting for rain. Yesterday was warm. It's a little cooler today. Not "work in the yard" cooler.  100` in the shade. The lawn needs mowing, but not that bad.

Drinkin' room temp, I near said cold, Sumatran coffee. No Jamison, no milk, no sugar... just plain ol' leftover coffee... And it tastes good.

After wife was gone for two weeks, one of the first things she wanted was a good cup of coffee. For our water, Gadsden coffee is good. I qualify "water" because pH and mineral content variables.

It took me quite a while to figure out that R/O water didn't mean regular ol' water..

truth... I am not the most technologically advanced person you will run into. Wife was talking to some Mennonite teachers on the train back... They politely chuckled when wife told them about my views. I'm slightly more "advanced" than them.

Except we are going opposite directions. I had a power mower. Use a push mower. Had a gas powered weedeater... Use a whip sickle. Have a half dozen boat motors... I row. Wouldn't have a computer if my friends didn't but this one for me. Not that I can't afford one... It wastes a lot of time... excepting talking to you folks and the friends that bought it for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Shiva said:

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

I bought a small bag of Folgers new "1850" yesterday... it was alright, I was expecting a package upgrade to transpire into my cup comments, but I'll continue to explore.  Speaking about exploring --> Does anyone think Maxwell Houses' vintage coffee perk commercial is musical, good to the last drop....

• Like 1

• Moderators

Having coffee right now, got home at 10 last night after 12 hours in the car, at least I didn't have to drive Roy drove straight through. Leaving in a little while for Hope, hopefully will be back Sunday night. Then I am not going anywhere for a while I hope.

Driving from South Florida home was like driving across Texas, it seems like the state is never going to end. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@dtelWelcome home and safe mercies to Hope!  Enjoy that coffee!  Always nice to stumble in the house after a long trip home.  I'm sure Roy looked like a possum staring into a sea of headlights on the Interstate @ 3 AM when he got out of the car.  Have fun and we'll see ya all soon!  :)

• Like 4

My Girl has a built in cappuccino machine, which makes a great cup of coffee. Though we could use the steam attachment, we just use the little whipper instead. Quiter, easier and smoother.  Better than steamed, imo.

Whip it, with a view. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

@dtelWelcome home and safe mercies to Hope!  Enjoy that coffee!  Always nice to stumble in the house after a long trip home.  I'm sure Roy looked like a possum staring into a sea of headlights on the Interstate @ 3 AM when he got out of the car.  Have fun and we'll see ya all soon!  :)

Thank You

He did great driving, there were two of us that could have drove but he would rather drive and was doing fine, but I know he was ready to get out the car when it was over. He will drive back to Hope from here today as we will but he will probably have more fun today driving his Camaro.

We will be leaving a little later, I already drank coffee, watered the plants on the porch and sprayed for weeds which got out of control in the last week and a half. The car is packed and I will quickly cut a little grass around the house so it looks like we still live here. :unsure2: One good thing is our daughter stays here when we are gone which makes me feel better, never had any problems here but don't want that to start now.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

My Girl has a built in cappuccino machine, which makes a great cup of coffee. Though we could use the steam attachment, we just use the little whipper instead. Quiter, easier and smoother.  Better than steamed, imo.

Whip it, with a view. 

unnamed.jpg

Pin image
Pin image
bestnsfw.com

View from the other side

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1