Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

this ain't no retirement community.  it 40 miles away  That where we call "town". Tucson is another 20 miles

... Have to behave there.

I can only keep the facade so long. The HOAs and I would not get along.  I'm a little on the noisy side, too. Make sure my neighbors are hard of hearing

...............for a block radius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok, time to get this party started!  First mugga after rolling out @ 4:30AM.  WHAT was I thinking?  Moving around for 3 hours w/o coffee?  Knew THEN I wasn't going back to bed!  Just about time to open the other french door and piss off the neighbors here in the hood!  Too wet to mow this early...  Too early for the Stones so maybe some James Taylor for 'em...  I'm so thoughtful...  NOT!  😂 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ha!  David Bowie attracted the landscaping crew to come next door!  Gotta love kids on rakes looking at their cells every five minutes.  Can't believe she is spending $$$ on a crew to come in and trim.  I used to do it for free until she went ballistic on me over oak leaves in her yard last fall when I don't even have an oak tree.  Neighbor across the street has 9 on his lot and they're all 40'.  They fall, he blows them to the side of his lot facing our places.  Great guy!  😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Ok, time to get this party started!  First mugga after rolling out @ 4:30AM.  WHAT was I thinking?  Moving around for 3 hours w/o coffee?  Knew THEN I wasn't going back to bed!  Just about time to open the other french door and piss off the neighbors here in the hood!  Too wet to mow this early...  Too early for the Stones so maybe some James Taylor for 'em...  I'm so thoughtful...  NOT!  😂 😎

or Jimi's Star Spangled Banner from Woodstock?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Too early for the Stones so maybe some James Taylor for 'em...  I'm so thoughtful...  NOT!  😂 😎

give 'em a thrill

toss some Nine Inch Nails on...  real loud. Angry music @ 4AM ...sounds good to me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Give him a mulching blade for Christmas, with instructions for mowing leaves.

He just got a new rider w/2 cans on the back...  He blows them out to the street first w/his 2kMPH back pack blower THEN mows and bags the clippings!  I'm like "seriously?"  He'd NEVER use a mulching blade!  lol  Early spring here when there's a wind out of the East (rare) I fire my blower up and get the remains outta my pachysandra/bushes...  Inside I just smile as his grumpy a)# wife stands, hands on hips, glaring out the window watching them blow back into their yard.  Bwa ha ha!

23 minutes ago, -js- said:

or Jimi's Star Spangled Banner from Woodstock?

Now that's a patriotic idea for reveille here in the hood!!!  😂 😎

16 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

give 'em a thrill

toss some Nine Inch Nails on...  real loud. Angry music @ 4AM ...sounds good to me

No NIN here!  Will Zappa work?  😂 😎

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

No NIN here!  Will Zappa work?  😂 😎

I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head
So I looked like I was deep
I said some mumbo-jumbo, then
I told him he was going to sleep
I robbed his rings and pocketwatch
And everything else I found
I had that sucker hypnotized
He couldn't even make a sound
I proceeded to tell him his future, then
As long as he was hanging around
I said the price of meat has just gone up
And your old lady has just gone down

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rplace said:

I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head
So I looked like I was deep
I said some mumbo-jumbo, then
I told him he was going to sleep
I robbed his rings and pocketwatch
And everything else I found
I had that sucker hypnotized
He couldn't even make a sound
I proceeded to tell him his future, then
As long as he was hanging around
I said the price of meat has just gone up
And your old lady has just gone down

Comic debris..

Dynamo hum....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

Zappa... incredible composer and guitarist. Not as well known as he should be.

7 hours ago, babadono said:

That's good for a laugh:)

frank zappa coffee achiever

However, Zappa’s eccentricities were not born of narcotic drugs; a Zappa feature in a 1976 ‘Suosikki’ Magazine article says it all:

Q: Do you have a drug problem?
A: Yes, with coffee.
Q: With coffee???
A: I’m an absolutely sober person. I don’t consume alcohol. I don’t smoke weed. But I drink gallons of coffee.

“To me, a cigarette is food,” said Zappa in his autobiography, The Real Frank Zappa Book. “I live my life smoking these things, and drinking the ‘black water’ in this cup here.”

https://ineedcoffee.com/frank-zappa-coffee-achiever/

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

For sure, he was eccentric, but he didn't do drugs at all. His favorite music was classical/orchestral, and he was quite an accomplished composer and guitarist. He is usually in the top 50 in lists of best guitarists.

Bruce

• Like 4