Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A strange child, was he?

Wife took off to work today. I told her, I dinna think she would get there. We had a rain at around 5AM. She got almost halfway to work before they found the creeks done riz... She was back home at 9AM. I went to Tucson . Tossed a bowling ball around. This one is  50 years old... A DickWebber 5Star. First issue.

Kinda strange exchange at the BorderPatrol checkpoint. The agent commented about liking the "look" I have going. I thought he was talking about my bib overalls... nope. The hair, beard and sunglasses.  My buddy sez, "Wait until you see him is his sarong"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good Saturday morning.

The switch to a “reduced spray” spray-head supplied by BUNN at no cost continues to be a success.  The brewing process is slower (seems all processes are slower at my age), but the results are consistent and good.  The coffee is strong enough without wasting coffee.  The grounds do not overflow the filters.

If you feel that your BUNN makes weak coffee, wastes coffee, or overwhelms the filter, enabling grounds to get past the filter, I strongly recommend a call to BUNN customer service at 800-352-2866.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Morning Neil!  I think all this Bunn speak has been heard by my faithful Mr Coffee...  More gurgling and hissing this morning than normal...  Perhaps it's performing it's own self-cleaning cycle.  Dunno!  I AM blaming you though if it pukes!  😂  😂 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Morning Neil!  I think all this Bunn speak has been heard by my faithful Mr Coffee...  More gurgling and hissing this morning than normal...  Perhaps it's performing it's own self-cleaning cycle.  Dunno!  I AM blaming you though if it pukes!  😂  😂 😂

I can take it Dave.

FWIW, we enjoyed a Mr.Coffee prior to buying the BUNN BXB.  The Mr. Coffee  was replaced because it was our son’s and he wanted it back, not due to any problem with the Mr. Coffee.  Our initial disappointment with the BUNN was based upon it not measuring up to the Mr. Coffee.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, WillyBob said:

A strange child, was he?

Wife took off to work today. I told her, I dinna think she would get there. We had a rain at around 5AM. She got almost halfway to work before they found the creeks done riz... She was back home at 9AM. I went to Tucson . Tossed a bowling ball around. This one is  50 years old... A DickWebber 5Star. First issue.

Kinda strange exchange at the BorderPatrol checkpoint. The agent commented about liking the "look" I have going. I thought he was talking about my bib overalls... nope. The hair, beard and sunglasses.  My buddy sez, "Wait until you see him is his sarong"

--- with the picture I have drawn in my mind, you at the border in a sarong kinda nullifies our need for the New Wall. If it were me crossing and saw you standing there, I would turn back south ---- 

• Haha 4

I've tried about 3 Bunn's...  Always thought they were great and never knew about different spray-heads.  Whatever brand I had, I always used a cleaner every once in a while.  Next thing the heating element was shot.  Done cleaning them now and this one seems to be fine on auto-pilot!  Yes, I just knocked on wood!  :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Our initial disappointment with the BUNN was based upon it not measuring up to the Mr. Coffee.

my beef with MrCoffee was the carafe. The one I had dribbled.  I make fun of a man designing it.  Dribble? so what! Thing made a mess.

Ran into a gal I knew as we were leaving the bowling alley. Saved me the prerequisites before I made my pass. lol. I've known them, her husband was with, for many years. Was really nice to see them. I haven't for ... since the lanes closed down here. 4 years?  I was asking at the center if they were around... the kid at the desk dinna know.. Then I start slipping into bad thoughts. I was genuinely happy to see them. Especially her, She a cutey... Her husband is pretty cool, too. A retired engineer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Tarheel  Well, there ya go!  He's vertical and suckin air which is a good thing!  Mr & Mrs Dtel are prolly eating watermelon and schemin...  I've been out spraying the weeds, corn/tomato/melon run and now it's looking like rain, typical Ohio weather!  Yup, it's time to do something...  Ha!

12662532_977707862264448_4558892101793484689_n.jpg

16473216_598262953703077_1375569363416871676_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We had some lil stinkers on the porch this AM.   A couple juvenile skunks. They're cute... not that cute. I don't mind them coming and going... as long as they do go.  Had one take up residence and had to trap it out... Ain't got TurtleBoy to man handle it. lol

• Like 2

This falls into the category of "don't try this at home".  The wife wanted to go to Gator Country for her birthday this weekend.   I think it was more for the grand kids than her but we all had a good time.   This one was over 13 ft long and well north of 1000 lbs.

20180811_123645.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

This falls into the category of "don't try this at home".  The wife wanted to go to Gator Country for her birthday this weekend.   I think it was more for the grand kids than her but we all had a good time.   This one was over 13 ft long and well north of 1000 lbs.

20180811_123645.jpg

So you took that picture and saw it live first hand? Not some Phun with Photoshop or other InterWebs goofing around? if so that guy is crazy and earns his money.

• Like 2