Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

WillyBob made it to his Sister's in northern Indiana, and the La Scalas did fit inside his car. I'm not sure if he's still going to North Carolina, I can't imagine him driving over there with all the damage that Florence has caused.

I was at work but he left a message saying he will try to stop by next week for a get together. 

When @WillyBob is at your place, tell him to check his PMs.  I sent him my phone number so he could call when he comes by here.  But apparently he was already on the road when I sent the PM.

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

This is stupid !

Coca-Cola looking at cannabis-infused drinks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coca-cola-looking-cannabis-infused-drinks-183713761.html

They should use their original recipe !

I think it's not a bad idea, the title is kind of misleading the facts.

It's CBD they want to use, not the part that gets you high, only the parts that help with many other things which made CBD legal in all states. UNLESS they change their tune and go all out, who knows the intent besides the normal making money part. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Opus said:

When @WillyBob is at your place, tell him to check his PMs. 

You will probably have to outside to do that, WillyBob will probably be standing looking his LaScalas packed into his small car, he has been waiting a good while to get them. :unsure2:

The desert will never the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've been searching the internet for articles about Wilmington NC where Chuck lives.  It's not very pretty.  I know exactly what they're going through and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I hope he's faring well.

I hope he is OK, you're right I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

For people away from a coast, it's way more than getting power back and cleaning up trees, that's just a start, the part you see from the general pictures, then the slow work starts. 

• Like 4

It seems to be mostly about the flooding in the eastern third of NC every time a storm has hit them the past couple of decades. Big problem this time because just about the whole state got a half foot or more of rain from this one. All the rivers run downhill and south, cresting not expected until this Thursday. Then what... another week to start to dry out?  :(  Jeeze.

We might not hear from @Tarheel for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

That's true, we may hear from him but he's going to be messed up for a while, depending.

I don't know his area at all but if I remember his house looked raised, but it all comes down to the area, if he's in a high area that extra difference might have helped ?

• Like 1

Anymore news about Chuck relayed via LF? Afterall, we are just the audio junkies and she is LF. I'm guessing CCC crowd is in the top 10 of people to reach out to when telecon is restored but LF has to be #1 or 2. 

I pay for my 89 year old mother in law's cricket flip phone with 200 minutes a month just for us tracking her down and for emergencies. Kind if a peace of mind thing for us. Maybe we should take a collection to get Chuck a basic phone so we can keep track of him. The have really big buttons for olde dudes, simple UI. He can charge it in his cars that are well detailed but under water.😈

• Like 6

8 hours ago, dtel said:

That's true, we may hear from him but he's going to be messed up for a while, depending.

I don't know his area at all but if I remember his house looked raised, but it all comes down to the area, if he's in a high area that extra difference might have helped ?

He's about 450' from the intercostal waterway.  I was worried about storm surge. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

He's about 450' from the intercostal waterway.  I was worried about storm surge. 

What makes that even worse storm surge can give the water trying to drain off other areas no place to go.

With that much raIn it takes time for everything to drain off especially when the rivers are full a long way inland from the same rain.

It's going to be a mess, I know you seen how long it takes to just get everything ruined out to the street and to be picked up, and that's just a little part of it.

There is going to be no shortage of firewood, trees that people would have never touched are down.

• Like 2

Hello friends........ 

I just wanted to let you know that I left a message of concern from all of us here in a voice mail on Chuck's answering machine moments ago.  I also asked (as soon as he is able) to call me and I would  happily pass on any messages to the group for him....   

I will keep you all informed...

That is all....

Gary

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hello friends........ 

I just wanted to let you know that I left a message of concern from all of us here in a voice mail on Chuck's answering machine moments ago.  I also asked (as soon as he is able) to call me and I would  happily pass on any messages to the group for him....   

I will keep you all informed...

That is all....

Gary

Thanks Gary.

• Like 4