Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

`Morning

Colombian Huila still, next bag is Colombia Narino excelso micro... if there's talking fairy tale creatures in there I'll let y'all know.

In my mind it's good then better with the next round, Got some honey process beans, should open that next and brew them in that immersion doodad, that thing brings more flavor out of what you put in.

• Like 2

Hurricanes are 3 - 0 at home so far in the playoffs 6 - 3 overall.         2 - 0 in the conference semifinal round already headed home for the next two.

The reason I am so hyped about this is we've been to the finals twice `02 & `06, won once `06.  Only other times in the playoffs was `09 out in the second round.

Early, but if we take it to `em Wed and Fri and our bench stays strong, we'll have a shot at the Prince of Wales Trophy!

The teams that are more close knit always seem to have the odds on their side.

and yeah I heard this around the start of today's game in NYC, it worked for us 🚩🚩

• Like 1

• Moderators

Back home, my own bed, shower and everything old people get used to. :lol:

It was really nice to see people again and get to :pwk_bs: in person. We had a good time but tired, never even unpacked the car yet, a bunch of coffee had to come first, one more cup and I might get the nerve to unpack the car, things were just thrown it by the end of the week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dtel said:

It was really nice to see people again and get to :pwk_bs: in person. We had a good time but tired, never even unpacked the car yet, a bunch of coffee had to come first, one more cup and I might get the nerve to unpack the car, things were just thrown it by the end of the week.

I didn't unpack either.  12 and a half hours, and I was sick of looking at the inside of the car.....Raining heavily here, might not get around to it until this evening....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

it's better than the alternative

Calvary Cleveland

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

Almost forgot to Thank You, Carl, Miss E and of course the much helpful daughter Amy, once again we would have been in trouble with lanyards, and t-shirts and other things without ALL the help.

Also, everyone else which is too many to count, people want to thank Christy and I for organizing this without knowing why it happens, it's because of the many helping, there is no way for 2 people to even attempt to do this, we're just a little part of it. Many need to be thanked, it's the only reason it can happen, it starts months ahead, at least.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it's better than the alternative

Your right, when people ask me how I am doing I answer I woke up this morning, I'm good. 

Still having coffee with the stereo on, never got to unload car yet. :D Turning the radio on is as far as I have got, but it's all good.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dtel said:

Your right, when people ask me how I am doing I answer I woke up this morning, I'm good. 

Still having coffee with the stereo on, never got to unload car yet. :D Turning the radio on is as far as I have got, but it's all good.

There's no greater day in the world than tomorrow 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dtel said:

Same here....in recovery from "too much fun" overdose..."mo coffee please!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Same here....in recovery from "too much fun" overdose..."mo coffee please!"

Got the car unloaded, except for the trash, now more coffee, then the rest of the car. Maby next I will put some things where they go, the car contents are now on the floor of the house about 10' from the front door.  

A couple from this week in Hope, Glen, and Verna is visiting a friend in Texas and will be here for a couple of days about Friday before heading back home to the frozen North. So this weekend might be a slight repeat of the last few days but will be fun. Should be back to our regular abnormal by Friday and ready to go again on a much smaller scale. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Got the car unloaded, except for the trash, now more coffee, then the rest of the car. Maby next I will put some things where they go, the car contents are now on the floor of the house about 10' from the front door.  

A couple from this week in Hope, Glen, and Verna is visiting a friend in Texas and will be here for a couple of days about Friday before heading back home to the frozen North. So this weekend might be a slight repeat of the last few days but will be fun. Should be back to our regular abnormal by Friday and ready to go again on a much smaller scale. :emotion-21:

LEMME SEE.....just FOUR days of recovery time available...before a mini-version of the past few days happens AGAIN....sounds very do-able to ME!😉

• Haha 1

• Moderators

For those of you that attended Pilgrimage and met Paul Biglane....you will know it's a true story.  Here's what happened to him on the way home from Pilgrimage. You just can't make this stuff up!!  Just for the record...Plain Dealing, LA is only 8 miles from the Arkansas border!!!!

"top of the day my audiophile friends and klipsch fans. 
TRUE STORY 
i left out of the pilgrimage Sunday morning at 3am. running the back highway .i got pulled over in plain dealing by a local cop. he said he pulled me over for speeding took my license asked where was i coming from i told him the klipsch pilgrimage. he walked to his car about 2 minutes later he came back handed me my license and said today is your lucky day he said he use to do sound reinforcement and i have a pair of cornwalls at home..now what is the odds of beating a speeding ticket from a cop who happens to be a klipsch fanatic..
handed me back my license and said there is a state trooper 3 miles up the highway..
yes i said a prayer when I drove off.."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

For those of you that attended Pilgrimage and met Paul Biglane....you will know it's a true story.  Here's what happened to him on the way home from Pilgrimage. You just can't make this stuff up!!  Just for the record...Plain Dealing, LA is only 8 miles from the Arkansas border!!!!

"top of the day my audiophile friends and klipsch fans. 
TRUE STORY 
i left out of the pilgrimage Sunday morning at 3am. running the back highway .i got pulled over in plain dealing by a local cop. he said he pulled me over for speeding took my license asked where was i coming from i told him the klipsch pilgrimage. he walked to his car about 2 minutes later he came back handed me my license and said today is your lucky day he said he use to do sound reinforcement and i have a pair of cornwalls at home..now what is the odds of beating a speeding ticket from a cop who happens to be a klipsch fanatic..
handed me back my license and said there is a state trooper 3 miles up the highway..
yes i said a prayer when I drove off.."

Something very similar once happened to me...I ride a BMW R100RT motorcycle, and was heading to a BMW Motorcycle Owners Association national rally in Junction City, Colorado...but enroute, while still in the Oklahoma Panhandle on a VERY long relatively flat strait-a-way  there were absolutley NO cars coming towards me in the oncoming lane or behind me...as far as the eyes can see....so....I bumped up my speed to 85 mph....and locked my throttle..."CRUISE TIME!"  

Since I would shortly be crossing the border into north-eastern New Mexico, I went ahead and took the Oklahoma road map in the tank bag clear-windowed top flap out , slid it under the stack of road maps there (which was arranged in the order that I would be needing them on the trip) and was studying the continuation of my route through New Mexico...when I noticed that my speed was creeping up to 90 mph...91...92...93....and I was noticing that there was still empty road behind me...but a VERY TINY glint showing in the oncoming lane 2-3 miles ahead of me....so I reached for my throttle lock to unlock the throttle...

As the reality sank in that the oncoming "glint" in the far distance had very rapidly evolved into a transition to an Oklahoma State Trooper car with blue lights on...And my speedometer was VERY slowly dropping back to "just" 85mph....I prayed that the only other vehicle in sight would ACTUALLY be heading to an accident somewhere instead of being interested in ME!  But...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  SO, as soon as he went past me he whipped the car around and by the time he was behind me I was already pulling over....stopped, put bike on side-stand and cut off the engine, got off the bike and removed my helmet...as he rolled up behind me.

I' m thinking...."Will there even BE anything vaguely resembling a best-case scenario involved in this?"  "NAH!!  I'm Screwed!"  By now I am drenching myself in sweat  because the hot air which HAD been blowing over me while riding was no longer able to evaporate my sweat as soon as soon as it left my pores anymore....I already had my license out waiting for the trooper to motion me back for our "CHAT"...as he remained inside his air-conditioned vehicle...and he motioned me to get into the front passenger seat...for the "CHAT"...which was far better than the back seat as far as I was concerned, anyway!  So there I was, beside him in his speeder-hauling-mobile  As he was finishing up running my plate  and reading my DL...

"Mr. Barr....do you have ANY IDEA how fast you were going when I began clocking you?"   "Well, Sir, Kinda….somewhere in the range of almost 95 down to around 85??"  "CORRECT,  Mr. Barr!  I have you at 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 89, down back to 85....and I have a few questions to ask you about this, Mr. Barr:  ONE, just WHERE are you heading in such a hurry???and TWO, do you have any idea what the ticket will cost you?"  "Well, Sir, I am headed for a motorcycle national rally in Junction City, Colorado.....and am trying to get there before too late tonight...I guess I need to worry more about how fast I am going, instead??….and, NO, SIR, I have no idea how much this ticket will cost me....I don't even know if I have enough cash on me to pay it, either!"

Soooooo, he looked right at me...our eyes locked....and, as a smile began forming on his face, he said:  "Mr. Barr, since we are the ONLY TWO VEHCLES on this LONG STRETCH of straight road....and you were posing no problem for ANY traffic at all....I am gonna give you ONLY a WARNING ticket!  Please sign here!"

….."and Here is your VERBAL warning to go with this ticket....do you know about the little rest area right before you cross the Oklahoma/New Mexico state line?"  "YES SIR...that is my water bottle re-fill stop!"

"Well, Mr. Barr...keep your speed down until you get there....AND....be aware that very shortly after you cross over into New Mexico, you will come up a rise, and just over the top of that rise will be TWO New Mexico troopers there waiting on you, one on either side of the highway....but after that you will have clear sailing until you hit the interstate, HINT, HINT!"  Have fun at the rally!!  I would be there myself this coming week if I didn't have to work the whole time of the rally....I have a "slash-five" 750 R-bike, myself!"

"Thanks a bunch Sir"....and thank you, too, Lord!

BTW, he was right...I went right by those New Mexico troopers at EXACTLY the legal speed limit!!...never saw another one until AFTER I reached interstate, either!  GO FIGURE!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2