Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I guess, I do tend to aggravate her at times/regularly but at 40 1/2 years, she's used to it I guess?

I have been in training for over 40 years, she created this monster,  that's the story I'm going to stick with anyway. :huh:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

I think this is going to be my 5000th post. Where's that freakin' toaster:)

for 19.95 + S & H and the last four of your SS....I'll have it out in the morning!

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, babadono said:

I think this is going to be my 5000th post. Where's that freakin' toaster:)

I have been on this forum since the late 1990's...posting all kinds of stuff....and have YET to get even 4000 posts!  Some people give a crap about the numbers and drive their count up ridiculously with meaningless posts....which is not my style, though, GENERALLY speaking...LOL!

I don't need a toaster, though...but some pumpernickel rye bread to put into it might be nice!

50 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You don't get a toaster before I do, and we will both be prying it out the dead hands of Tarheel before he ever lets go.

=== at the 2018 Pilgrimage ‘Heel confided in me he doesn’t eat toast, hates the stuff. Don’t forget he’s a Southern Gentlemen, a morning biscuit 🥐kind of guy, maybe a bagel🥯— . You know the kind - sipping some funky tea with his pinky rising to the occasion 🖕- no, I said pinky —

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

You don't get a toaster before I do, and we will both be prying it out the dead hands of Tarheel before he ever lets go.

must be one heck of a toaster....  or is "toaster" code for something else?

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, richieb said:

Don’t forget he’s a Southern Gentlemen,

:pwk_bs: No he's not, he's an old beach bum and mostly a horndog chasing all the ladies, well until he caught one, but I don't blame him at all, why not. 

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

or is "toaster" code for something else?

Hate to say it's just a toaster, remember were mostly old. :blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== at the 2018 Pilgrimage ‘Heel confided in me he doesn’t eat toast, hates the stuff. Don’t forget he’s a Southern Gentlemen, a morning biscuit 🥐kind of guy, maybe a bagel🥯— . You know the kind - sipping some funky tea with his pinky rising to the occasion 🖕- no, I said pinky —

At his age "his pinky" applies to both!😂

On 2/6/2014 at 9:52 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I love kona. I have an uncle that lives in hawaii, so birthday and xmas gifts always consist of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and kona coffee. no complaints.

I used to drink Kona coffee years ago but then to economize I started drinking Sumatran which I now like better than Kona!

John Kuthe, coffee-holic since 1980!

• Like 2

Ha!  A while back the Hound and the brotherhood dude dug a grave. The shovels were modern, like from Ace hardware.

Has to have been done on purpose, just to gin up press on the show.

Can't for the life of me imagine that the super-rich show business experts that put that good story together could be so inept😆

• Like 1

I used to get Lapperts' Kona when I was feeling flush. It was $20+/lb at the time... mid '90'. It was very good. Wife's secretary brings us some when she goes over.. several times a year. She chef's for some folks there.  Back to the beans. Some "estate grown". They are a medium roast. Lappert's is a light. Can't say I am as fond of the medium.  And like you, @JohnKuthe,  prefer beans from the local roaster.

I do know water quality has a great impact on how coffee comes out.  Especially if you use tap water. I'm too cheap to buy a filtration system I don't need. Our water is good. Yeah, some chlorine... it town water. Minerals aren't heavy, for AZ, and it tastes good. You can't say that abut Tucson's tap water. Recharging the aquifer with sludge from the ColoradoRiver.  Tastes so bad, folks go R/O or bottle... then the city claims a victory for reducing the groundwater overdraft.

cold weather setting in. Only sposed to make 80`... Thought we were done with that. We have a better chance of seeing 100 than 80

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I do know water quality has a great impact on how coffee comes out.  Especially if you use tap water.

True, we're lucky to have good well water, plus after using it for over 20 years I got used to whatever it's doing to coffee, so I'm good.

But I know what you're saying, we have been places where you turn on the shower and the water going through the air makes the air in the bathroom smell like someone had a problem in there. Hate to think what it tastes like. We knew someone who bought a house and had to put down a new well, the water was so bad with the old well it would stain the clothes when they washed them. I guess that's iron or minerals that would cause that, and I think sulfur is what gives it that rotten egg smell, just glad we ended up with good water.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I was looking at this and Carl poured a shot, I have never seen it before and was glad I tried it, I would have never remembered so I took a pic to find it later.

pilgrimage  2019-128-copy.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1