Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I have no idea, or what is the best.  But they do seem to send almost anything for the right price.

I took a picture as well.  Thought I'd try to find it around here.  It was really good.

• Like 1

So I just ran out to the grocery store for a few items and right before my turn a girl in a Ford Flex came whizzing by, cell phone in hand, and ruins the day for 3 other vehicles.  She hardly hit the brakes slamming into them and setting a chain reaction in place. 

I think first offense should be a $1000 fine and loss of license for 3 months.  Yep I'm getting sick of this crap.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

So I just ran out to the grocery store for a few items and right before my turn a girl in a Ford Flex came whizzing by, cell phone in hand, and ruins the day for 3 other vehicles.  She hardly hit the brakes slamming into them and setting a chain reaction in place. 

I think first offense should be a $1000 fine and loss of license for 3 months.  Yep I'm getting sick of this crap.

Hopefully you stopped and gave a full account to the police so they can hang it in her ***.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Here in the big sanctuary city of NC they don't even write tickets for that, but if you offend one of the protected species you'll d/mn sure get arrested.

Cop said "That is for the ins company to figure out" I said she flat out told me seconds later and I saw and heard her tell you the same thing.

Our country is toast. The prevailing attitudes are backa**wards.

The criminals are protected and since I'm one of the bad species there is no justice for me.

Whaaa? "You want me to cross my legs when sitting in public?" "I've still got something down there... can't do it."

@Tarheel it sounds like you WERE NOT hit or hurt and that is great!!

I'm `bout ready to head out to the country literally, got a place scoped out.

No more Nariño Excelso Micro Lot or tea for me today.

That brought back vivid memories. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, dtel said:

I was looking at this and Carl poured a shot, I have never seen it before and was glad I tried it, I would have never remembered so I took a pic to find it later.

pilgrimage  2019-128-copy.JPG

My Mexican American friend here at work says " Man you can buy that sheet anywhere around here, don't you know you're really in Mexico?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Totally out of control and I agree, until they start hitting people with huge consequences for the first offense, nothing will change.  I live in a rural area and drive 8 miles one way to the office, and I see it every day.  Denise gets nervous because she has watched me stop the truck and come unglued on many idiot drivers.  I personally would like it to be legal to blast their vehicles with a paint ball gun, to identify all the distracted drivers, as well as the others that should not have a license for their lack of driving skill.  It could be color coded depending on the offense.

Pink for women trying to use the rear view mirror as a vanity to put makeup on.

Red for anyone screwing around with their cell phone/laptop

Green for the morons that are reading a publication while driving

Blue for jackasses trying to do stunts and capture it with a gopro so they can post it on youtube

Yellow for drunks

Orange for anyone going 10 MPH or more, under the speed limit.

White for horse and buggy's (if you live where I do, you know what I'm talking about)

Purple for people riding bicycles that challenge vehicles by driving on roads that were built for motor vehicles and put people in precarious situations as to choosing what you're going to hit.

You're not allowed to hit them until you're at a safe place to do so, otherwise there will be color for you.

A little rant, but it drives me nuts and puts the people I care about in danger.  If you are one of them, you need to really get your head out of your *** and wise up.  I've used ear pieces for as long as they've been out and a phone holder that keeps my phone in a place that doesn't require me to take my eyes off the road to see the screen, so for $100 which buys you a Plantronics 5200 or voyager legend (better clarity than taking into your cell phone) and the proper cell phone mount. You can voice command everything from reading your text and e-mails, responding to your text, making and receiving calls, notes, all without ever being distracted.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dtel said:

That's bs, laws are laws, at the very least law shouldn't be thrown out the window no matter where your from legal or not.

Yep. I'd dare to say she was a native to our country.

The local govt is from that party that's "Against" us and for the world. Charlotte is not a nice place to be anymore, the appearance is deceiving. Protect the criminals and prosecute the good people that abide by what is right and wrong. Therein is the issue. The alt-reality, word twisting folks (that is as benign of a description as I'm able to utter).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Charlotte is not a nice place to be anymore,

That's a shame.  It's been about 13 years since I've done anything in Charlotte besides fly in and out of, but when I lived in S.C. I was through there a lot,  went to quite a few races there, it was actually one of the cities I really liked, and they are few and far between. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pete H said:

people riding bicycles that challenge vehicles by driving on roads that were built for motor vehicles

I had a old Toyota pick-up that had trailer mirrors that stuck out a bit.

They would ride up this steep two lane road with no shoulder right at 7:00AM, when people go to work in cars. I'd be getting a good run up the hill, and about half way,

there would four or five bicycle clowns blocking the lane...have to slam on the brakes...I hated that!

I'd try get as close I could with those trailer mirrors without actually tagging them...they'd move over real quick once they caught on to it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, dtel said:

Local residents, they stay around all year, Canadians AH!

BECF5E98-5224-4D27-8F52-47C114F5E42D.jpeg

You need to invite some over for dinner. I remember in the late 70's when these were still protected birds. Then they started breeding like crazy and whole golf courses in SE Michigan became unusable at times every year from prodigious and copious mounds of crap every where. Here in southern Tn they are in every body of water bigger then a puddle. And it is Canadians EH! I count 11 meals there so get busy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pete H said:

That's a shame.  It's been about 13 years since I've done anything in Charlotte besides fly in and out of, but when I lived in S.C. I was through there a lot,  went to quite a few races there, it was actually one of the cities I really liked, and they are few and far between. 

The PC crowd is busy improving it. I have relatives who are part of that group from Davidson College and they have very strange ideas about what should work. She wrote a book once on how to raise children. The problem is she never had any to raise so how would she know what to do? Now they are busy helping Charlotte learn how to behave with the same results that mindset gets where ever it gains control. They were so disappointed over the behavior of certain groups during the riots and don't understand they helped create the monster they are saddened  by.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Dave A said:

The PC crowd is busy improving it. I have relatives who are part of that group from Davidson College and they have very strange ideas about what should work. She wrote a book once on how to raise children. The problem is she never had any to raise so how would she know what to do? Now they are busy helping Charlotte learn how to behave with the same results that mindset gets where ever it gains control. They were so disappointed over the behavior of certain groups during the riots and don't understand they helped create the monster they are saddened  by.

Living here off and on for close to 60 years.... I'm sensing sarcasm here, and love it!

Improved more or less = Destroyed in this instance

"New & Improved" is what they labeled Coca-Cola until they went back to the old formula. Heinz 57? nope it got a little sweet 20 yrs ago, I've called it heinz 58 since... it's not as good on my excellent salmon patties.

• Like 3