Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

If ya go to Waimea Canyon, it's right there. While you're up there, Lillikoi chiffon pie at the KokeeLodge...for sure.  And all the chickens --- they are special chickens... Came with the first settlers or something like that.

Hamura's Saimin in Lihue.  A bowl is closer to a wok...Their chicken [on a] sticks were to die for.

it's been 20 years since I've been there...don't have any current info... so take it for what it's worth

Bill Weitzman, drummer for GratefulDead, has/had a house band that played in Hanalei..

if you like to play in the wave, Anahola Beach it nice. Shallow sandy. Fun place to body surf. If you go to BarkingSands/Polihole, nice beach.... but there is a current that will sweep you down the beach. You can be playing in the shore break and end up 1/2 mile down the beach...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

it not bathwater... certainly not cold...  70 - 80`

I was very surprised the first time I went to the Carribean, the main thing was I didn't think about the water temp. Thinking about it being hot and sunny standing on the beach I was surprised how cool the water was, which really felt great once you were in it, I have to get in fast, I can't just walk in slow, feels much cooler that way.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, WillyBob said:

If ya go to Waimea Canyon, it's right there. While you're up there, Lillikoi chiffon pie at the KokeeLodge...for sure.  And all the chickens --- they are special chickens... Came with the first settlers or something like that.

We are definitely spending some time there.  My wife is going to be sick of canyons when we get back, on the way, we're flying into Phoenix and spending some time at the Canyon and Sedona.   We'll be meeting  my brother and his family there and I think it's their 3rd or 4th time to the island.  They love it.  

20 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Take the scenic drive up to the Kalalau Lookout if nothing else.

http://www.kauai.com/kalalau-lookout

Will do, we're not the type to go on vacation and just hang out, I go stir crazy, so I'm sure we're going to pack a lot into 8 days.  

• Like 4

Another day of sub par temps. Getting closer to normal... except normal jumped to 98`. Temp right now  --- 55`

Going to visit a friend today. Hobbled, she is. Had surgery for hammer toe... then again to repair the first job.    She won't be able to run from me.   lol.  she called me... I might be the one running.... not too hard, tho.  If she catches me... oh darn. Inge is a sweetie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hear you Willy we're just now getting up to 80 and it's after 10:00 am. Mid 80s for the high past three days. Nice compared to the last couple of weeks, I watered the lawn Saturday morning it was so dry and cracking, and heck we've had so much rain recently Noah would have been scouting hardwoods!

• Like 3

I heard 25cups/day, even

Mike will be happy... errrrr           he was prolly the study subject 

taking a break.

doing laundry and the "solar clothes drier" is keeping ahead of me.

Been listening to "the system" in the doghouse all weekend. It really is junk when I run the same material thru the good stuff.

Thank again @jimjimbo

I'm not as productive with it... Just wanna sit and listen.

Wife found a recipe... Cream cheese chiffon pie...  EZ PZ. Fold whipped cream into softened cream cheese. Flavor with whatever sweetener you prefer and add a little fruit in/on. "Pour" [really too thick to pour] into a graham cracker crust. ..... and chill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I watered the lawn Saturday morning it was so dry and cracking,

I need to start watering mine. Our "lawn" is brown and about as soft as concrete. Watering does double duty... cooling and to soften the dirt so it can take the rains.... I have stopped almost all of the runoff. Starting to appreciate a little silt at the "dams".

• Like 1

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

doing laundry and the "solar clothes drier" is keeping ahead of me.

Did that many years ago with just towels, the kids hated it saying the towels were way to stiff, they were kind of rough. But they would dry much faster than in the dryer or the washer could wash more. 

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Wife found a recipe... Cream cheese chiffon pie...  EZ PZ. Fold whipped cream into softened cream cheese. Flavor with whatever sweetener you prefer and add a little fruit in/on. "Pour" [really too thick to pour] into a graham cracker crust. ..... and chill.

So does that mean you would just go relax and listen to music after you made them? Or however, you chill

I'm odd, cream cheese :emotion-41:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We used to have something like that here think jello mix was mixed in the cool whip prior to mixing it with berries or pineapple and walnuts or pecans. Pistachio, pineapple and walnuts was my favorite. That didn't have the cream cheese it was just green fluff!

Good stuff for hot weather dessert.

• Like 2

I bailed on Inge.

it all started when she called needing some cat food. Me being me... sure, I 'll get you some. Then she started making arrangements to be there alone, ... "cat food".. uh huh

sent the wife over with the bag of purina and to tell Inge I was napping.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2