Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Yes, that’s the place. When I did the tree handrail in the cabin, he said I could use the little flatboat to get a cypress tree. I told him I was not going to cut down a tree from a 10’ flatboat. He said use any tree so I picked a oak on land.

• Like 2

... o O ( I need a 10 foot tree shaved branch handrail up my staircase) 

oh yeah... I also need another chainsaw carved 3 foot diameter tree for another project I've been unable to flush from my inquisitive nature lol...

since you're probably not doing anything extra tonight.... o O (what'd ya say)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes....it's hard to believe Jesse James dumped her for that skanky thing he was chasing.

prolly doesn't care for a lady with some backbone/spunk

still bottle feeding kittens. I'm too old for this being up every 4 hours to feed.  Not cut out for motherhood. They're getting to starting to bite/chew... softened food is coming soon. Had to take the little girl to the vet. Monday, it was like someone let the air out of her. Spent the day force feeding her.  She's doing OK now.

Bought a bag of Mexican beans. I prefer the Mex over [this] Kona. Call me crazy... you won't be the first

• Like 4

• Moderators
20 hours ago, windashine said:

... o O ( I need a 10 foot tree shaved branch handrail up my staircase) 

oh yeah... I also need another chainsaw carved 3 foot diameter tree for another project I've been unable to flush from my inquisitive nature lol...

since you're probably not doing anything extra tonight.... o O (what'd ya say)

Internet is to slow at the lake house to post a pic, this one was supposed to go with the other post. Added the wood to the walls also.

A864FD63-9DE3-4E8F-B424-BE5BB56C5E60.jpeg

• Like 5

fried corn dog sounds good.

another hatch of spiders in the house. Think they are tarantulas. Tiny buggers, running all over the place. I bet I swept a dozen out yesterday AM. They aren't making webs or climbing, is why I think tarantula.  Had to usher an adult out last night.

before we moved down here, my mom was afraid of spiders. She got over it after a few years and even had her "pet" tarantulas that would hang by the outdoor lights.   Tarantulas are so mellow that is easy to develop a more relaxed attitude. 

the kittens are close to weaning. One bit the nipple off the bottle today. I'll be glad for that.  Their feedings are cutting into my nap time. I'm getting tired.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

fried corn dog sounds good.

another hatch of spiders in the house. Think they are tarantulas. Tiny buggers, running all over the place. I bet I swept a dozen out yesterday AM. They aren't making webs or climbing, is why I think tarantula.  Had to usher an adult out last night.

before we moved down here, my mom was afraid of spiders. She got over it after a few years and even had her "pet" tarantulas that would hang by the outdoor lights.   Tarantulas are so mellow that is easy to develop a more relaxed attitude. 

the kittens are close to weaning. One bit the nipple off the bottle today. I'll be glad for that.  Their feedings are cutting into my nap time. I'm getting tired.

I would move.:blush2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Think I'm gonna save this Kona coffee for company. I bought a bag of Mexican.... for $10....

another [past] few days of dire predictions for rain. 70%     As is typical, we got cloudy, warm, humid and drizzle.  That's how it is here. Too much humidity will actually stifle the rain. in 3 days of "rain", I bet we picked up a whopping 1/2 inch total.

rethinking the spiderlings running all over the house. Wolf Spiders carry their babies on their backs... not sure how long... But, when/if you dispatch one, it's like a little explosion.

Wife and I were discussing the  kittens.   Think they will be getting a new home toward the end of next week. She was talking after they are box trained. I told her that they are good to go as soon as they wean. We would like to give them as a pair. Two entertain each other and are less trouble than one. However they go, it will happen soon. They are at that cute stage.  There will be a collective sigh of relief in the house. Granddaughter may not like it...  She'll get over it.

• Like 1

A couple of better audio days after my battle with the tone arm last week.  In the main system I balanced the tone arm again and moved the tracking force up a notch.  Fiddled with the step up settings on the Schiit and things sound much better.  Also moved the speakers out as suggested in a review on line (Spatial M3 Turbo S).

Then set up the second system with the Horn Monos, a NAD CDP from LF's system, A Schiit SYS for volume control, and my LS/Altec speakers.  Good to hear the old speakers again.

IMG_1591.JPG

• Like 6

• Moderators

For people who stay up late or get up early, it's meteor time again, tonight and tomorrow.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/perseid-meteor-shower-peak

Stargazers are in for a treat on Monday and Tuesday, when the annual Perseid meteor will reach its peak.

"The Perseid meteor shower is often considered to be one of the best meteor showers of the year due to its high rates and pleasant late-summer temperatures," explained NASA, in a blog post. "This year’s shower, however, has [the] unfortunate circumstance of having a full Moon right at the shower peak, reducing the meteor rates from over 60 per hour down to 15-20 per hour."

• Like 2