Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

How long did you stay awake after you finished the beer?  LOL.

About an hour or two. I shared with my better half.

MIL is much better. Thank you for all your prayers. They transfused 2 units of blood to get her blood count up. She has pneumonia in one lung, they are treating her with antibiotics. I think this is the best outcome we can expect at 98 years young.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Most likely something they took loose during that repair that wasn't secured properly.

Turned out to be the radiator... my wife is suspicious, but this shop has a good reputation. Only another $317... ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, babadono said:

MIL is much better. Thank you for all your prayers. They transfused 2 units of blood to get her blood count up. She has pneumonia in one lung, they are treating her with antibiotics. I think this is the best outcome we can expect at 98 years young.

Great news! May we live as long ourselves...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

About an hour or two. I shared with my better half.

98....that's wonderful. Most life insurance policies pay out when you hit 100. 

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Says our resident Bourbon connoisseur.

} Ain’t that the truth. 
Playing to a tough crowd this Holiday weekend - jumpin’ all over a poor old retired guy. Where is the shame —

If I had Carl’s taste in fine drinking and exotic cars I’d still be workin’ the hard 40 —. Alas, I’m a simple man of simple means —

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
1 hour ago, richieb said:

How does the saying go - “it’s only  your money” —

That's your saying, not every body else's.

fixed it for ya.

My sis had a suburu. Loved it. Then it started overheating. After multiple trips to her [shadetree or ???. I dunno] mechanic, she ended up buying another car. Think they finally decided it was a cracked block. My SIL [in Tucson] is going thru the same bs. Same result. New car.

Hope yours works out differently.

Need to get out/off the property. House call. Friend's wife has cancer. Not a good prognosis.. Trying to help her and keep his feet under him. They just married in Sept.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Ain’t that the truth. 
Playing to a tough crowd this Holiday weekend - jumpin’ all over a poor old retired guy. Where is the shame —

If I had Carl’s taste in fine drinking and exotic cars I’d still be workin’ the hard 40 —. Alas, I’m a simple man of simple means —

Poor old retired guy had to sell off his luxury sports car! Don't worry, word on the street is that he is getting an electric truck thats just as fast (may be ugly, but fast)

• Haha 1