Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

i bought a shirt. I’ve worn it twice. It’s already tight around the mid-section. I’m either getting fatter by the minute or someone has replaced all the size labels on my clothes. 

Don’t laugh ... I bought a Bomber jacket on line.  I like my coats loose, so i ordered a 2XL.  I get the coat and put it on and it’s skin tight and I can barely zip it up.  I look at the label and it’s a regular old Large.  I contact the vendor and tell them that they sent the wrong size. They email me back and say that they’ve investigated the matter and the coat is in fact a 2XL with a “L” label.  

I call BS and they’re refunding my money + the $19.99 mail cost for return shipping. They want me to order another jacket; but i went to a military surplus store and bought a flight jacket. 

Moral of the story ... I’m not getting fatter, my clothes are suddenly just mislabeled.  What a relief, i thought i was going to have to change my diet and cut back on the cold beer.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

That's awful @BigStewMan my brother tells me he goes to the surplus store first then Amazon! Crooks everywhere now-a-days!

It’s really a crap shoot buying clothes on line.  Nothing against Chinese goods, but i find their sizes are MUCH smaller than we have here in the US of A. I normally wear an extra large shirt and i’ve boughten some, not realizing that they’re made in China, and they’re skin tight. So, now i order things a few sizes bigger than normal if it’s coming from somewhere outside of the US. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i bought a shirt. I’ve worn it twice. It’s already tight around the mid-section. I’m either getting fatter by the minute or someone has replaced all the size labels on my clothes. 

Don’t laugh ... I bought a Bomber jacket on line.  I like my coats loose, so i ordered a 2XL.  I get the coat and put it on and it’s skin tight and I can barely zip it up.  I look at the label and it’s a regular old Large.  I contact the vendor and tell them that they sent the wrong size. They email me back and say that they’ve investigated the matter and the coat is in fact a 2XL with a “L” label.  

I call BS and they’re refunding my money + the $19.99 mail cost for return shipping. They want me to order another jacket; but i went to a military surplus store and bought a flight jacket. 

Moral of the story ... I’m not getting fatter, my clothes are suddenly just mislabeled.  What a relief, i thought i was going to have to change my diet and cut back on the cold beer.

I am pretty sure there is a cloths label changing bandit going around..  I really think he made an unwelcome visit to my closet recently...  I'm not happy at all....  😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I love my flight jacket. Don't care if it tatters I'll never let it go willingly. When I pull the hood out you can tell what it used to look like!                                                                           * taters😀 stupid Google puts (& takes out) letters in that aren't near where my finger was!

• Like 4

Mornin' All

I don't know whether it's a good or bad day for the folks in GreenValley. But, look out. I will be making an appearance.

Need to dig my civies out.   Have a few stops. WhiteElephant, Safeway and wally.

Gonna treat myself to a couple sausage/egg mcmuffins while I'm there. That will last my junk food need till next year

Weather is is gonna be nice for a few days. 70 ain't bad. Too bad that lasts for about 5 minutes. You can feel the sun going down.

• Like 5

• Moderators
On 12/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

not WillyBob anymore....

whata pita

forgot my password and had to create a new account because yahoo rejected email from here to recover it. Had to open a gmail account, too.  I have a love/hate with computers. So, we have one less WillyBob and a new me.. lol  I could rant about the bs, but wanted a different screen name anyway

I spose Carl or @dtel will have to approve this ramble. lucky you. Can't git rid of me that easy

surprised y'all aren't "on" about that scotch auction.

Well that sucks, was kind of fond of WillyBob.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, BigStewMan said:

And that folks is what it’s like to be in your late 50s.  

I don't think that's the main problem, this is....

On 12/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, BigStewMan said:

trauma.

Trucks will do that to you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

It's ok I can be the guinea pig for the WTF! 

Been going in the opposite direction, trying decaf lately. Don't notice any difference besides the first couple when I wake up so probably skip the caffeine. 

Never understood why we could go out of town and I only drink a couple cups the whole week and never had  had a problem with the lack of caffeine after so much of it when home ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dtel said:

Been going in the opposite direction, trying decaf lately. Don't notice any difference besides the first couple when I wake up so probably skip the caffeine. 

i never noticed anything physical from caffeine and i used to drink a ton of diet coke all day at work. when my heart strarted tripping out a few years ago, cardiologist said that caffeine can cause the PVCs, so i quit caffeine. I don’t drink a ton of coffee, two large mugs per day (six cups according to the markings on the coffee pot) but i drink decaf and didn’t notice ANY difference in the taste. 

• Like 2

Oh happy days....finally got the demons out of my TT arm.  Thought I might have bad bearings even though the arm was new.  Turns out the arm is super finicky but with the new digital tracking force gauge fresh from Amazon I set the Ortofon cartridge at 1.9 and am good to go.  Dylan's Blood On The Tracks sounds marvelous!

• Like 4