Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

50 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

BorderPatrol Blackhawks must be busy somewhere,,

When i lived in Huntington Beach, it was a regular occurrence (every few days) to hear the police helo and see the spotlight scouring the neighborhood. Haven’t seen that once here in Oregon. 

• Like 2

My son is rightfully upset with me tonight. I was taking some 12' 2x4s out of the garage and knocked a bar clamp off the shelf. Now there are several dents and a scratch in his otherwise mar free car.

He didn't say much but his look was all it took. Told him to meet me at the body shop I use at 11:00 AM tomorrow. He was like 11 AM....in the MORNING (college boy milking sympathy from finals?) and I am like OK, never mind. He decides that he can make it. 

Jeffrey car damage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Incredible stuff right here!  Talk about raising some cash?

“Coming from southeast Ohio it’s a very impoverished area and the poverty rate is almost two times the national average. There’s so many people there that don’t have a lot and I’m up here for all those kids in Athens and Athens County that go home to not a lot of food on the table, hungry after school. You guys can be up here, too."

Those were Joey Burrow's words when he accepted the Heisman Trophy in New York City on December, 14th. Let's answer Joey's call to action by supporting a local nonprofit that serves food to more than 5,000 households in Athens County each year.  by Will Drabold a retired teacher and his wife who still teaches in that system.  

Athens County Food Pantry

2 hrs · 

Thank you Joe Burrow supporters and fans!

Athens County faces many challenges. Among them are poverty and hunger. We are the poorest county in the state and our food insecurity rate of 20% is the highest in our area and likely in the state. Low wage jobs and transportation issues add to the problem as well. Our all-volunteer organization has worked for 40 years to address hunger, an issue that continues to plague our community. We served over 400 families last month and those numbers hold steady.

For the fundraisers inspired by Joe Burrow, we are simply overwhelmed by the generosity of so many people! Our board will be having in-depth conversations about the best ways to use these funds. This is very new to us. We have never received an outpouring of financial support of this magnitude. We seek to be careful and deliberate in making these decisions, as the opportunities to further address food insecurity and hunger are numerous and the possibilities are nearly endless. If you have tried to contact us, and haven’t yet received a reply, please be patient. We have been swamped by the many messages and phone calls we have received.

On behalf of the board and our clients, merely saying thank you for this amazing show of support for our work cannot accurately reflect the depth of our appreciation! But those are the words we have so THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

This was posted about 7:15PM on 12/16/19.

At 9:15PM today 12/16/2019 more than 8,100 people have donated $276,235 to the Athens, Ohio Food Pantry from supporters of both teams and it's still rolling! 

9:45 it's now $286,395 by 8356 people!  This is INSANE!

2AM 12/17/19    9301 people & $321,975.00 donated and counting!  There are actually LSU fans talking about bringing all the fixin's and coming to Ohio to make jambayla on Christmas Day at the Food Pantry.  

Geaux Tigers and GO BUCKS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Soooo tonite she posts a few pics but naturally I can't lift them.  hahaha  Wore a gown to the ceremony and I KNOW she turned some heads, Times Square and a pic her w/some woman who was on the flight home w/her outta JFK...  

"Chatted with the only CEO of MLB at the time and fashion entrepreneur Wendy Selig-Prieb on the flight home. I actually found her laptop at JFK and returned it to her *insert elevator pitch.* What an amazing woman!" 

She should get one helluva job since her master's in sports law/business is now the Bud Selig School of Sports Law/Business @ ASU.  hahaha  "Hey Dad you wouldn't believe what happened to me on the flight back to Phoenix.  This girl in the ASU Sports  Law program found and returned my laptop I left laying @ JFK.  Oh yea?  What was her name?"  hahaha

Not a DAMN word though about who she met there though.  Not a word or even a pic.  A video of them announcing Joe as the winner and the crowd reaction but that's it.  She was about 15 rows back, center stage.  

It's killin me!

EL8RHDlVAAAg7OW.jpg

Had the wonderful privilege of meeting @WendySeligPrieb on my flight today back to PHX. Small gestures go a long way 🤞🏽

HA!  Got ONE off her twitter account, which she doesn't know I follow!  hahaha  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, windashine said:

.... o O (did this have anything to do with the cable pulley project related to the garage door opener ???)

No building a puppy hut. That tennis ball on a string correct parking depth is working great. Wife wants one in her garage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm probably a bit over protective of my little car but when you search for just the right one and find it you want to keep it pristine.  My "Bubble" a 2012 BMW Z4 35is.....found with a clean carfax, the color I wanted and only 24,000 miles, plus the 335hp twin turbo.  I had a 3 year ceramic coating applied and purchased a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires. 

LF has done a fine job of parking next to it in the garage and I always look for the safest parking spot when I go out. Not a mark on it in 7 years.  What always worries me is looking in the rear view mirror and seeing a 20-40 something texting and following too close. 

Took it for a spin yesterday and as the temperature got to 71 I dropped the top for the ride home.  I know you can't relate Carl but the wind in my hair felt really good😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I'm probably a bit over protective of my little car but when you search for just the right one and find it you want to keep it pristine.  My "Bubble" a 2012 BMW Z4 35is.....found with a clean carfax, the color I wanted and only 24,000 miles, plus the 335hp twin turbo.  I had a 3 year ceramic coating applied and purchased a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires. 

LF has done a fine job of parking next to it in the garage and I always look for the safest parking spot when I go out. Not a mark on it in 7 years.  What always worries me is looking in the rear view mirror and seeing a 20-40 something texting and following too close. 

Took it for a spin yesterday and as the temperature got to 71 I dropped the top for the ride home.  I know you can't relate Carl but the wind in my hair felt really good😉 

You can always take this out..

No-you-cant-have-a-go-...-007.jpg?width=

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

} You’re not wrong, you cannot ever “over protect” your ride. I’m the same way and I become worse the older I get. When I traded the Hellcat I got exactly what I wanted from the deal, even with raised eyebrows at the beginning. Bought it off the showroom floor, had never seen or was driven in rain which is what raised the eyebrows as they had heard that many times before. I said ok, let’s put her on the rack. They did, they made the deal. 
And like you I always worried what was behind me - ‘cause everything was in the rear view — 

• Like 4

Ha!  Sorry about that post up there and I have NO clue how it got there but that's what I get for posting a pm to someone @ 2AM.  hahaha  Sheesh!  Youngest was invited to go to the Heisman awards Saturday night.  That's the back story.  lol

12/17/20  Food Pantry update is $358,287 with over 10k people donating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Ha!  Sorry about that post up there and I have NO clue how it got there but that's what I get for posting a pm to someone @ 2AM.  hahaha  Sheesh!  Youngest was invited to go to the Heisman awards Saturday night.  That's the back story.  lol

12/17/20  Food Pantry update is $358,287 with over 10k people donating.

Shouldn't you be out bourbon shopping?????:P

• Haha 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Incredible stuff right here!  Talk about raising some cash?

I saw that, it's great and at a good time of the year, and it only took a few words at the right time. He did great, and everyone donating.