Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hope all here are doing well. 🍻

Took today off. Had a few cups of Seattle's Best Post Alley this morning, did the SS and S and headed out to the ATM, from there went to the Chiropractor. Gotta say that big *** vibrator on the back is sublime 😘

Stopped at Walmart, picked up some things and now having a few drinks. Rum and Coke.

• Like 3

It would take an old fashion or three for me to ever eat cauliflower again.

Can I ask why? There isn't any flavor like broccoli, is it just the fiber thing?

The shrooms sound good I've been on fettuccini and meatballs since yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Crab stuffed mushrooms on the Green Egg, cauliflower mac and cheese.  Three Old Fashions.  Made a jazz playlist on Tidal with 30 tunes this afternoon. 

Life in the slow lane........

@Tarheel

Slow is good my friend 🍻

Going on 58 soon. I love my down time from work and all the crap going on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

I'm so sick of this idiot.

Maybe not the place in CC and C I ask for apologies in advance.

the one before passed out phones..

I did not get one !!

at least with the new one. I received a check..

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Crab stuffed mushrooms on the Green Egg, cauliflower mac and cheese.  Three Old Fashions.  Made a jazz playlist on Tidal with 30 tunes this afternoon. 

Life in the slow lane........

Ahh - the life of a Southern Gentlemen —🎩

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

he did not give out cell phones..

maybe he gave low income families or individuals .. a break on their phone bills..

There were no "cell" phones back then.  Nevertheless, the program was started in the Reagan years.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, MyOwn said:

I love my down time from work

been retired for a few years. It ain't all it's cracked up to be.  Not until the wife retires, do I get full retirement.

I am getting the hang of doing less more slowly, though

Had to take one of the cats to the vet today. He got chewed up in a fight. He was on the mend, just wanted him checked out. Got a shot of antibiotics and a painkiller. Came home and looked at the bill.  $0.50 on the credit card... I know they work cheap, but.... The bill was $50... I called them to rectify the situation. .Wife takes the kid to "their" church.. their son is the preacher [I guess]. Asked me to come this Sunday.

we got a dose of unusual weather. It tried to rain. Overcast and under 90`. I opened the house up early afternoon. Was still over the average, compared to 100`, under 90 is cool. It tried to rain.... the humidity jumped up to 10% with a dew point in the low 30's. It came from the clouds... just dinna complete the trip.Gonna be a warm evening.  The humidity moderates the temp.

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

been retired for a few years. It ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Must be doing it wrong. :o Or I just take to the do whatever I want really well.

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Not until the wife retires, do I get full retirement.

Nope, that's when work at home will pick up with projects she might want done. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

got me there...

if things weren't the way they are with the stay home... I had planned on being at the lake once a week. I could still go... too many people "staying home" out there. Getting a wee stircrazy...

projects??? ha ha ha 

I keep busy for not having anything to do. Just things I would rather be doing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This place is a disaster area but the darn room is done!  Few things left to complete but it all worked out fine.  Buddy is stopping back over tomorrow to pick up his stuff and wipe out another 12-pack.  We went from Heineken to Rolling Rock today so I just picked up a case.  He's having a great time!  Slapped the Levolor up today then he was ready to listen to some tunes.  I even got a "crank it up" from him.  I slammed him into the couch and I think his head hit the wall.  I walked outside and had a smoke.  He was still breathing, which kinda amazed me when I came back in.  lol

After a round of golf with Clint Eastwood, Toby Keith asked him what kept him going @ 88 and Clint replied ya just don't let the old man in.  Toby went home and cranked this one out.  About the only darn thing that kept me movin the past 3 days.  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It would take an old fashion or three for me to ever eat cauliflower again.

Can I ask why? There isn't any flavor like broccoli, is it just the fiber thing?

The shrooms sound good I've been on fettuccini and meatballs since yesterday. 

I'm doing a low carb diet so cauliflower replaces the noodles.  Steam the cauliflower, add salt, pepper, nutmeg, cheddar and Gruyere, a little milk.  Cooked it with the mushrooms on the Green Egg.  Very nice substitute. 

And you guys know how slim and attractive I am so it must be working🤪

• Like 5

Wouldn't have thought of nutmeg on that... but the cheese yea that is a nice flavor Gruyere.

Don't do those fancy cheeses anymore since the demise of the once important to me cracker barrel red foil cheese. It's Cabot for me now at $9 for 1.5lbs at the warehouse. Doesn't have any plastic byproducts in it!!

Had some Manchego on roast beef a couple times from the bistro I visit last year and it is similar to cheddar. Miss their Pain Perdu and coconut macrons, maybe next year!

pp.jpg

• Like 4